• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

So back in an ancient era, Jigglypuff was a vampire. I guess that kinda makes sense, in some legends hypnosis is amongst a vampire's skill set and Jigglypuff is known for singing people and Pokemon to sleep. It's not too unprecedented for some Pokemon to have looked different in the past so I'm not too surprised.

Plus Bram Stoker took some inspiration from a type Celtic Fairies that seduce people and then drink their blood as well as Eastern European legends when codifying the modern Vampire archetype.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I like Aromatisse, it reminds me of a creature from Jim Hanson's Labyrinth. I would love for it to get a Regional Form.
Its design is so unique and fresh
<3
And Fairy Types rock hehe

Julia Artemis

They are announcing we are getting news next issue. So we should get something very soon. I'm just happy we now have some sort of time frame for news now and not feeling like a trailer will never come again

Last edited:

janejane6178

OMGGGGGG CoroCoro ??
MISSED IT <3333333333
It didnt reveal anything since gen 6 I think
When is the next issue??

Missingno.Fan

I know I’m kind of late here, but I hope that the rumor about how the gyms aren’t scaled is incorrect. Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of being open world? I’m also not sure how I feel on “regional fakes” nor whatever the heck they are going to be called. I’m guessing they are the inverse of regional forms and that they are pokemon who look similar but are unrelated. Didn’t we kind of have stuff like that before? For example, Drowzee and Muuna.

janejane6178

I know I’m kind of late here, but I hope that the rumor about how the gyms aren’t scaled is incorrect. Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of being open world? I’m also not sure how I feel on “regional fakes” nor whatever the heck they are going to be called. I’m guessing they are the inverse of regional forms and that they are pokemon who look similar but are unrelated. Didn’t we kind of have stuff like that before? For example, Drowzee and Muuna.
I actually like gyms not being scaled to ur progress. You can try to challenge hard gyms first and then the game is more challenging. Like BOTW where Link could go to dangerous places or to the final boss at the start of the game

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
As far as I know (could be wrong), CoroCoro never stopped publishing the new information about the games.
It just happens that now the Youtube trailers reveal the content before it appears on CoroCoro, so we never get to see the magazine anymore since it only has "old news".

So the next CoroCoro having new information probably only means we'll get a new trailer before the next issue is out next month (which we all already knew).

They are announcing we are getting news next issue. So we should get something very soon. I'm just happy we now have some sort of time frame for news now and not feeling like a trailer will never come again
CoroCoro is a monthly magazine, so the next one will come out in August 15th. I don't think anyone were under the impression we would get to mid-August without a new trailer.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

CoroCoro used to be used to present new things slightly ahead/in correlation with trailers, but because of the magazine issues leaking early, Pokemon stopped giving CoroCoro new info, it's always behind trailer launches now.

ShadowForce720

So wait, let me get this straight. We have the main gimmick, that turns a Pokemon into a crystal form temporarily. We have standard regional forms like Tauros and regional evolutions like Dunsparce, but we also have "rfakes" where it looks like an old Pokemon, but has a separate dex number and name (Amoongus and Jigglypuff). And then there's Ancient Forms as well? I don't remember seeing those leaked.

I imagine it's not a coincidence that the number of new Pokemon dropped by a lot once we moved to 3D too
Actually from what’s being said by the leaks Dunsparce is getting a new cross-gen evolution and not a regional evolution.

The difference between Cross-Gen evolution and Regional evolution has is this:

Regional Evolution: a new evolution that evolves from and is exclusive to a regional form(examples: Obstagoon, Sirfetch’d, Overqwil, Sneasler).

Cross-Gen Evolution: a new evolution for a existing Pokémon( examples: Kleavor, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, Sylveon, Scizor, Gliscor).

Also new prevolutions tend to fall into the category of Cross-Gen Evolutions.

In regards to Regional Fakes from what is being described is that their completely new Pokémon that just happened to resemble some existing mons.

So basically the Regional Fake that looks like a Amoongus is not a new form of Amoongus but rather a new Pokémon that just happens to resemble Amoongus do to convergent evolution.

I’d imagine that since this seems to be the case that means that Regional Fakes could potentially have new evolutions and prevolutions that don’t resemble their counterparts at all.

Now I don’t know if the ancient/future forms are the same thing or a part of the Regional Fakes or if it’s a completely separate thing.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Going out on a limb to predict that in a DLC, the Kanto starters will return with RFakes or Ancient/Future Forms as well.
I can see them getting RFakes and their types have all flipped, so Bulbasaur becomes Fire, Charmander becomes Water and Squirtle becomes Grass/poison for instance.

Dragon Pulse

This has only just been posted and it's artwork of the fake Sprigatito evo. I wish it was real, it's a bummer. Unsure why the artist thought it was gonna work though since it took less than a day to confirm it was fake.

Orphalesion

This has only just been posted and it's artwork of the fake Sprigatito evo. I wish it was real, it's a bummer. Unsure why the artist thought it was gonna work though since it took less than a day to confirm it was fake.

The artwork actually makes the head/face look better than it did on the model. On the model it looked kinda unfinished up there, but in the artwork it looks fine.
And even thought the rose petal skirt already looked great on the model, the artwork makes it look even better as well.

Not sure on the tail though...I reckon that element should have been removed or have it be a little tail that's tucked under the skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.