• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Pre-orders have been open for months lol
The Japanese website states that pre-orders for physical copies will begin on August 4th. But yes, pre-orders for digital has been available since June 1st.

LordSerperior

Nah it will be gen 2 or 5 new evo obviously .
I don't know where this idea of gen 2 being propped up is stemming from. 5 Johto Pokemon have received regional variants, 3 have received a regional evolution and one (arguably) regular evolution in Wyrdeer. For an older generation that has always been in the shadow of gen 1 and has so many overlooked/outdated Pokemon, I don't think this is too much or even enough. Not to mention the abundance of single stage Pokemon in Johto that could really use new evolutions.

For comparison, Kalos, which you have constantly stated is ignored has gotten three regional variants, so not a lot worse than Johto despite being relatively recent, and it still has more than both Hoenn and Sinnoh combined.

And this is ignoring the fact that regional variants and their evolutions don't really add much to the original variants, both in terms of popularity and gameplay.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The Japanese website states that pre-orders for physical copies will begin on August 4th. But yes, pre-orders for digital has been available since June 1st.
only the big fans would pre-order at this point with so little information available. I hope this means they'll be giving more info by Aug 4th

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know where this idea of gen 2 being propped up is stemming from. 5 Johto Pokemon have received regional variants, 3 have received a regional evolution and one (arguably) regular evolution in Wyrdeer. For an older generation that has always been in the shadow of gen 1 and has so many overlooked/outdated Pokemon, I don't think this is too much or even enough. Not to mention the abundance of single stage Pokemon in Johto that could really use new evolutions.

For comparison, Kalos, which you have constantly stated is ignored has gotten three regional variants, so not a lot worse than Johto despite being relatively recent, and it still has more than both Hoenn and Sinnoh combined.

And this is ignoring the fact that regional variants and their evolutions don't really add much to the original variants, both in terms of popularity and gameplay.
Johto got a second evo in the form of Ursaluna. But here according to the leakers Girafarig and Dunsparce are getting new evos, Murkrow is getting a split evo, Wooper is getting a regional variant (with a new regional evolution), and Misdreavus and Delibird are getting past/future forms.

Kangaflora

Correction: Two regular evolutions. You forgot about Ursaluna being the evolved form of Ursaring.

scififan21

I would love an ice type Sabretooth tiger, or an ice snow leopard. :)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Watch nr 1000 be a simple objectmon based on a paperclip or something. Just to troll the community.
Clippy, the Helpful Pokemon

Clippy can tell when you are writing a letter, and it asks if you would like assistance.

And anyone who used Microsoft Office in the late 1990s/early 2000s is instantly triggered.

Physical copy pre-orders are available now.
Physical preorders are available now in the US through various retailers. AFAIK, preorders are handled differently in Japan.

Autobot N

Dunsparce not getting an additional type like Dragon or Ground is disappointing, but I'm still waiting to see the final design to decide if I want to use it

Kingudora

My favourite

Orphalesion

*Katamari Damacy theme starts playing*

Personally, I hope the new dung beetle pokémon are Bug/Ground. I'm still surprised they only Bug/Ground type pokémon are Nincada (who loses the typing when it evolves) and Wormadam (which is one of three forms).
I can see the Earthworm Pokemo being Bug/Ground
With the dung beetle I'd prefer something weirder, like a Bug/Ice type who rolls snowballs.

Julia Artemis

Future Hariyama is definitely hype! I did send to pick Breloom over it in playthroughs but Hari be really good especially has less weaknesses overall. It's definitely underrated so I'm interested to see what it's Future form will be.

But also hell yeah to the return on Alphas, which means most of my PLA team can be transferred. And excited to get a whole new collection of giant pokemon

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
- Mass outbreaks return
- Alpha Pokemon are confirmed to be in the game, but with a different name and are tied to the story
- Pokemon size variation returns
- I was hoping alpha sizes were staying. I was working on “competitive” alpha Pokémon before I started filling the new regional Pokédex feature in Home. Have Garchomp, Wyrdeer and Basculegion at the top of my head. So to keep working on this when I finish region dexes will be awesome.
- Mass outbreaks were a fun feature that made shiny hunting enjoyable
- People come in a variety of sizes so why can’t Pokémon?

This is something I hope they kept.

Phillies

Future Hariyama is definitely hype! I did send to pick Breloom over it in playthroughs but Hari be really good especially has less weaknesses overall. It's definitely underrated so I'm interested to see what it's Future form will be.

But also hell yeah to the return on Alphas, which means most of my PLA team can be transferred. And excited to get a whole new collection of giant pokemon
Apparently, they won't be called Alphas but will function similarly. Hopefully they are close enough that we will be able to transfer them over. I caught a shiny alpha Ponyta that I wouldn't mind using for at least a part of my first run.

Status
Not open for further replies.