• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Based on what I’ve seen & heard on the new pokémon roster, it may be REALLY hard picking my team this time. I want to only catch 6 Pokémon this time around since I had such a huge team in for BDSP & Legends, and while none of the officially released pokémon haven’t wowed me yet, the rumored pokémon all really seem interesting (especially ones like the Hammer Girl, the car engine, the grass/fire pepper, the paradox forms, & the rodent with Parental Bond)

Wait, how was Protean nerfed, & was Libero nerfed the same way?
The current theory is that Protean STAB will be reduced from 1.5 to 1.25.

Where as abilities like Intrepid Sword only activate once during battle.

Also current info from Khu and the last infor from Ka, talks about the Paradox Volcaronas.

Ka says Past Paradox looks more like Larvesta. That it would keep the bug typing and VIolet's would keep the fire typing.

Khu teased two pics now for it, Pheromosa and Salazzle. Hinting at Past Paradox being Bug/FIghting and Future Paradox being Poison/Fire

Engine mon apparently gets around on two wheels, doens't have legs.
Aye-Aye is not normal/poison

Last edited:

Sponge

Based on what I’ve seen & heard on the new pokémon roster, it may be REALLY hard picking my team this time. I want to only catch 6 Pokémon this time around since I had such a huge team in for BDSP & Legends, and while none of the officially released pokémon haven’t wowed me yet, the rumored pokémon all really seem interesting (especially ones like the Hammer Girl, the car engine, the grass/fire pepper, the paradox forms, & the rodent with Parental Bond)

I'm kind of in a similar boat, none of the Pokemon revealed so far feel like potential team members, but there are definitely some interesting concepts among the unrevealed Pokemon. (like the engine, kappa pepper, electric frog, gold idol and ostrich)

Personally I don't really like the sound of the paradox Pokemon, but even if I did they're supposedly only available postgame, so they wouldn't affect my first playthrough team anyway.

Engine mon apparently gets around on two wheels, doens't have legs.

Why do I feel like "Food & Vehicles" was plastered across the mood board when they were designing this gen?

Hopefully the engine mon will be what I had hoped Rolycoly would become.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm kind of in a similar boat, none of the Pokemon revealed so far feel like potential team members, but there are definitely some interesting concepts among the unrevealed Pokemon. (like the engine, kappa pepper, electric frog, gold idol and ostrich)

Personally I don't really like the sound of the paradox Pokemon, but even if I did they're supposedly only available postgame, so they wouldn't affect my first playthrough team anyway.

Why do I feel like "Food & Vehicles" was plastered across the mood board when they were designing this gen?

Hopefully the engine mon will be what I had hoped Rolycoly would become.
Probably trying to go with a "Motorists Tour of Spain" vibe.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If that’s the case, I’m already annoyed. I don’t like having new pokémon locked until the postgame because they’re the main appeal for me and, more so for recent games, there’s no reason to use them at that point since most of the story is done by then.

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If that’s the case, I’m already annoyed because I don’t like having new pokémon locked until the postgame
Its apparently closer to endgame, postgame just gives you access to catch more.

KA continues to answer his backlog of questions

Crab-Just rock type
Hake-Does not evovle
Parakeet is Normal/Flying
Paradox Misdreavus-Ghost/Fairy
Grimmsnarl is in
Gliscor is not
Chatot is not
Ninjask/Shedinja line not in game

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The typings of the Paradox forms, not including Suicune/Virizion

FbBe6N4WIAAq3NH

What we know.

Donphan-Ground/
Donphan-Ground/
Volcarona-Bug/Fighting
Volcarona-Poison??/Fire (meaning it is one of the unknown types or something else)
Delibird-Ice/
Jigglypuff-Fairy/
Amoonguss-Grass/
Misdreavus-Ghost/Fairy
Hariyama-Fighting/
Gallade-Fighting/
Tyranitar-
Salamence-
Magneton?
Hydregion?

Meaning we know this many out of the types listed above:

0/4-Electric
3/5-Fighting
2/3-Fairy
0/3-Dragon
0/3-Dark
2/2-Ground
1/1-Ghost
1/1-Grass
1/1-Ice
1/1-Bug
1/1-Fire

3 unknown

My theories on final typings, going off the fact most retain at least one of their original typings and how fighting/electric match the legendaries and seem to be opposite to their version mascot's typings.

Donphan-Ground/Electric
Donphan-Ground/Fighting
Volcarona-Bug/Fighting
Volcarona-Poison??/Fire (meaning it is one of the unknown types or something else)
Delibird-Ice/
Jigglypuff-Fairy/Dark
Amoonguss-Grass/
Misdreavus-Ghost/Fairy
Hariyama-Fighting/
Gallade-Fighting/Fairy (combines secondary typings of Gardevoir/Gallade line)
Tyranitar-Dark/Fighting or Electric
Salamence-Dragon/Fighting or Electric
Magneton?-Electric/
Hydregion?-Dragon/

Meaning Violet Volcarona, Hydriegon, Magneton, Amoonguss and Delibird and Hariyama are unknown. However one Dark type is currently still avaible.

My money is that either Amoonguss, Hariyama or Delibird has it.

So maybe:

Amoonguss-Grass/Dark
Volcarona-Poison/Fire
Hydreigon-Dragon/Poison

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Gliscor is not
Chatot is not
Dang, I was hoping to use my Gliscor & Chatot from BDSP once we get Home connectivity since they were two of my team’s strongest pokémon. Hopefully they’ll be included in a DLC patch |:\

Litleonid

Thanks for keeping everything all together Wulava. Its great that we have such an extensive list compiled. Also I didn't think we'd have this much info leaked, but it does give me hope we'll have a great Pokemon game. We probably wouldn't know a quarter of what we know if Kaka never showed up and left us stuck with Khu's convoluted riddles that give us nothing or only make sense after the reveal.

DSDark

Breeder
So many good type combinations this generation. Very excited to get out there and start catching. Very excited for the datamine to look at the stats and movepools

Ultra Beast Lover

I feel like these leaks are the one thing that's been having us actually talk about the games. I'm hoping we get a leak or a trailer explaining how classes work, that's the final thing I'm curious about.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel like these leaks are the one thing that's been having us actually talk about the games. I'm hoping we get a leak or a trailer explaining how classes work, that's the final thing I'm curious about.
I’m hoping it’s similar to the Tasks in Arceus where we are given an assignment and must complete it before moving on.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I myself am very excited about the classes.

Actually having to go to school will for me help the game become truly immersive. It'll be especially useful for my character's narrative.

Orphalesion

Hello hello hello. What's going on here? Seems kinda sus.

They could have definitely handled that differently, like finding some pretence for putting the player character in non-removable hiking clothes for that mirror maze or something like that.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Ka has confirmed new breeding mechanic is pretty much placing eggs with incubators and waiting an hour or 2.

Needs more info, such as where do we get the eggs (current theory is gifts from Pokemon at your picnic) and if there are ways to speed eggs hatching or how will this be different from daycare breeding overall.

Confirmed Donphans both keep their ground typings.

Confirmed that ground/fighting and grass/ground typed Pokemon are in the game. That comes down to that yes, the Mushroom Pokemon is grass/ground to counter Tentacruel's Water/Poison. As well as one of the Donphans are ground/fighting, since all Paradox Pokemon are dual types and there are no more ground types in the main dex available for that dual typing and that all grass types for Paradox Pokemon have been accounted for.

Also current theory is that the 3 remaining types for Paradox are Poison/Psychic and Rock

So for the final outstanders, people are thinking

Paradox Amoonguss: Grass/Dark (remaining dark type slot)
Violet Paradox Volcarona: Poison/Fire
Hariyama: Fighting/Psychic
Delibird: Ice/Rock
Magneton: Electric/Rock or Psychic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.