• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Again, a character being a secret cyborg does have precedence. I think it's Geeta because of the yellow in her eyes. All this talk about someone being a robot reminds me of when we said that Lillie was part Pokemon, it was shot down for being too weird for Pokemon but now we're here.
What if Geeta is Paradox Cynthia...:-D

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
Again, a character being a secret cyborg does have precedence. I think it's Geeta because of the yellow in her eyes. All this talk about someone being a robot reminds me of when we said that Lillie was part Pokemon, it was shot down for being too weird for Pokemon but now we're here.
wait... what?

Ultra Beast Lover

wait... what?
Yeah, back in the day people noticed how similar Nihilego and Lillie were so a lot of people made theories about Lillie either being a Nihilego who took the form of a human, part Nihilego because Lusamine did something to her, or, after we saw that Lillie's bag moved around in the demo, we thought she had a Nihilego in the bag.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Yeah, back in the day people noticed how similar Nihilego and Lillie were so a lot of people made theories about Lillie either being a Nihilego who took the form of a human, part Nihilego because Lusamine did something to her, or, after we saw that Lillie's bag moved around in the demo, we thought she had a Nihilego in the bag.
And it wasn't just the similarities, but also Nihilego's description:

One of the Ultra Beasts. It's unclear whether or not this Pokémon is sentient, but sometimes it can be observed behaving like a young girl.

And at the time, Ultra Beasts were teased as something cryptic and mysterious, so people's imaginations ran wild. Its features resemble Lillie? And it's described that it sometimes behaves like a young girl??? Fun times.

Ultra Beast Lover

And it wasn't just the similarities, but also Nihilego's description:

One of the Ultra Beasts. It's unclear whether or not this Pokémon is sentient, but sometimes it can be observed behaving like a young girl.

And at the time, Ultra Beasts were teased as something cryptic and mysterious, so people's imaginations ran wild. Its features resemble Lillie? And it's described that it sometimes behaves like a young girl??? Fun times.
Honestly I still wish they went with that idea. If these story spoilers are real then Pokemon is clearly allowing their stories to get a little weird/a little dark. Besides, it's not like it would've been that dark.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
lol didn't know that, I only got my 3ds after they revealed Rowlet, but it never occurred to me to check the forums back then.

I don't think the stories getting a bit dark or strange is a new thing, tho. I've always seen them on this kind of edge. but maybe it's because I've been reading the manga for a really long time

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
lol didn't know that, I only got my 3ds after they revealed Rowlet, but it never occurred to me to check the forums back then.

I don't think the stories getting a bit dark or strange is a new thing, tho. I've always seen them on this kind of edge. but maybe it's because I've been reading the manga for a really long time
And it wasn't just Lillie

The main theory was that MOST npcs revealed were Ultra Beasts.

Lusamine=Pheromosa
Guzma=Xurkitree
Gladion=Buzzwole

Guzzlord was believed to be a kidnapped Hau or Hala that was corrupted by the Ultra Beasts or that it was their leader being brought in.

It was wild

and kind of ironic as the original plot for XY was actually an alien invasion with characters being aliens secretly.

kemal07

I am sensing leak drought! It is funny because part of me wants to know so much about the Gym Leaders, Star Squad Leaders, Elite Four and Champion rank trainers but at the same time don't want to know too much!

The thing I have had in mind lately are the Champion rank trainers. I feel like they would all need to be stronger than the Elite Four and have a feeling that they will all be trainers we have already seen.

At the moment I can see Nemona and Penny as Champion rank trainers as well as some of the teachers we saw in the trailer. I doubt they will be random specifically designed trainers.

As for the Elite Four, the leaks say that we already saw some in the trailers and have been mentioned to be the teachers. There are two things:

1 - I feel like their designs do not really stand out and I wonder if that is because they are wearing their 'work clothes' and might have different outfits that hint their types when battled against in the league.

2 - We definitely saw more than four teachers. We saw:
  • Jacq (Homeroom teacher which I speculate as the Team Star Boss - Poison type)
  • Sports teacher (lady next to Hariyama)
  • Male teacher (Black hair and moustache)
  • Male teacher (long blond hair)
  • Female teacher (grey feathery like hair)
  • Female teacher (with long sandy hair and a smile)
I do wonder which four it is...

Considering the E4 types being Ground, Steel, Flying and Dragon. I feel like the lady with the grey feathery hair to be the flying E4 and the lady with the long sandy coloured hair to be the ground E4. One of the E4 are said to be related to a Gym Leader and the Ghost Gym Leader (rapper girl with the cap) has the same colour hair and thickness as well as skin tone to the teacher / E4 that I described as having long sandy coloured hair.

And wasn't the Steel Elite Four said to be a child?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Kaka has stated some cool information.

Scarlet and Violet will have about:

50 new moves
25 new abilities

Also there's rumours now about a possible trailer dropping between the 20th and 29th, Kaka didn't deny it either.

Litleonid

50 new moves
25 new abilities

Also there's rumours now about a possible trailer dropping between the 20th and 29th, Kaka didn't deny it either.
It would be cool to see another big scale trailer in September, but if I have to guess, it might be a Pokemon reveal like Grafaiai.

kemal07

The hint given for the Elite Four is:

Elite Child 1
Elite Teacher 1
Elite Gym Leader 1
Elite Female 1

It is quite bizarre as it was also stated that the E4 types do not overlap Gym Leader types.

Autobot N

50 new moves
25 new abilities

When they say new abilities that includes old ones with new names (like how Solgaleo's ability is a reskinned Clear Body)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Kaka responded with what he believes to be the proper path to do the gym challenge, there is even a way to do the Psychic gym last without the legendaries ride moves to get there by brute strengthening through the way with high leveled Pokemon (45-50)

Grass
Bug
Water
Electric
Normal
Ghost
Ice
Psychic

The leveling shown are just estimations

This also shows that going clockwise and counter-clockwise is not the ideal method, with fixed levels, you will come across weaker gyms later than to progressively go up against tougher leaders.
Fcn-IeGXwAA53ld

Julia Artemis

Pretty much the optimal way of playing will be still linearly because if not it will make the gyms very boring. But also we get two other paths to finish the story so it's not that upsetting

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
There aren't any artificial blocks anywhere in the game. No trainers will block your path. That means you can go straight to challenge the Champion with 0 badges.

However again there are fixed levels

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
When asked what is the second typing for the large bird/crane Pokemon, Kaka responded with a gif of Umbreon.

Meaning we could be looking at it being Flying/Dark

Ultra Beast Lover

Either Kaka or Khu are hinting that Penny's shy persona is fake. I'd love it if she was shown in a swivel chair with a Sylveon on her lap, petting it while glaring menacingly at you. Of course, it's more likely that she either made the group out of a desire to have friends or she thought it'd be a fun challenge for her classmates, or that she's related to Team Star's leader.

Nave

Thinking about what version I should get as a master copy, considering the version exclusives. Scarlet is my favourite colour, but I always get the red version, and Violet is a cool colour as well.

As for the confirmed version exclusives...

Scarlet:
Tyranitar line
Stonjourner
Koraidon
Armarouge

Violet:
Salamence line
Eiscue
Miraidon
Ceruledge

I prefer Scarlet almost across the board, but Armarouge and Ceruledge are a tie.

As for the Ancient (Scarlet) and Future (Violet) Paradox forms...

• Ancient Forms:
    • Donphan (Ground/Fighting)
    • Volcarona (Bug/Fighting)
    • Amoonguss (Grass/???)
    • Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
    • Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
    • "Mag" - usually assumed to be Magneton, but I think it's Magikarp
    • Salamence (Dragon/Dark)
    • Suicune
  • Future Forms:
    • Donphan (Ground/Electric)
    • Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
    • Gallade (Fighting/Fairy)
    • Hariyama (Fighting/???)
    • Delibird (Ice/Water)
    • Hydreigon (Dragon/Flying)
    • Tyranitar
    • Virizion
I like both typings for Donphan. Been dying for a Ground/Fighting mon since forever, but the idea of a Ground/Electric Donphan is so cool. Tie.
I like how both Volcaronas have a 4x weakness, to Flying and Ground respectively. But I prefer the idea of a Fire/Poison Volcarona. Violet.
Easily prefer Gallade to Amoonguss. Fighting/Fairy is an awesome unique typing. Violet.
Not sure about Jigglypuff vs Hariyama. Will wait to see their reveals before deciding. Tie for now.
Misdreavus is more appealing to me than Delibird. Ghost/Fairy is a better typing. Scarlet.
It seems like Violet has more pseudolegendary Paradox forms (Future Hydreigon and Tyranitar vs Ancient Salamence), but I have a hunch that it's actually Future Zweilous vs Ancient Magikarp. In one of its dex entries Magikarp is said to have been stronger in the past.
Between Ancient Magikarp and Future Zweilous/Hydreigon, I'm more intrigued by the idea of Ancient Magikarp. Scarlet.
Ancient Salamence vs Future Tyranitar: I like the idea of Ancient Salamence more. I think it loses Flying for Dark because it's so resentful that it can't fly. Dark also suits its name being a play on menace, vengeance, vehemence, and violence. I also just like regular Tyranitar so much. Scarlet.
I really like the idea of seeing Ancient Suicune from before it was resurrected by Ho-Oh. Scarlet.

That's 7 for Scarlet; 2 for Violet; and 3 ties.
I'm really glad I took my time with this, because when I glanced at the Paradox forms I thought I would like Violet more. But considering the confirmed version exclusives, it tipped the scales towards Scarlet. Looks like I'm getting the red version again; I'll get my friend to get Violet.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Since I don’t care about forms that only advertise specific gens and leave the other in the dark, I pick my version based on the leganderies so I pick Violet cuz Miradion looks better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.