• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

By the way, since the paradox pokémon are distinct from the originals, are they confirmed to use the same names or something else?

Like is Ancient Jigglypuff actually just called Jigglypuff or something similar?
They have different names and their own numbers in the Pokedex. They are considered separate Pokemon entirely

kemal07

Considering the quest that gives us the item which evolves a Pokémon into Armarouge or Ceruledge, does that mean we can only obtain just one of said Pokémon (version exclusively) in the whole game?

Similar to how we were only able to obtain only one Type Null in Sun and Moon?

Luthor

Considering the quest that gives us the item which evolves a Pokémon into Armarouge or Ceruledge, does that mean we can only obtain just one of said Pokémon (version exclusively) in the whole game?

Similar to how we were only able to obtain only one Type Null in Sun and Moon?

I don't think its been confirmed either way. My guess I that either the quest will be repeatable or once complete for the first time it will unlock some way of buying additional ones (such as spending BP at a post-game battle tower). I don't think it'll be like Type:Null as that was technically a Legendary Pokemon and I don't think Armarouge or Ceruledge will be legendary.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't think its been confirmed either way. My guess I that either the quest will be repeatable or once complete for the first time it will unlock some way of buying additional ones (such as spending BP at a post-game battle tower). I don't think it'll be like Type:Null as that was technically a Legendary Pokemon and I don't think Armarouge or Ceruledge will be legendary.
I think it was confirmed it's a Flapple situation.

I think in order to get Armorouge you need to collect something Bronzor drops while for getting Ceruledge something Sinistea drops.

kemal07

So another thing I read and heard:

The Elite Four consists of two males and two females.

Elite Four 1 - A young (male) child that Khu said they have not leaked and that hasn't been shown in trailers.

Elite Four 2 - A teacher that has already been shown (apparently hinted as the male teacher with blonde long hair) although I believe it to be the tanned lady with sandy coloured hair, especially as it is said that one of the E4 is related to a Gym Leader, and she does resemble the Ghost Rapper Gym Leader.

Elite Four 3 - A Gym Leader that Khu has already leaked.

Elite Four 4 - A very beautiful lady that Khu has stated that hasn't been leaked.

I find it interesting though as Khu said types do not repeat between Gym Leaders and Elite Four, yet one of the E4 are hinted as being one of the leaked Gym Leaders.

The types are also said to be Ground, Steel, Dragon and Flying...

I can't quite connect the dots.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

By the way, since the paradox pokémon are distinct from the originals, are they confirmed to use the same names or something else?

They have different names and their own numbers in the Pokedex. They are considered separate Pokemon entirely

Hence why I was convinced that Armarouge and Ceruledge were Paradox forms of Gallade (I thought Ceruledge was supposed to be some future warrior)

Luthor

Hence why I was convinced that Armarouge and Ceruledge were Paradox forms of Gallade (I thought Ceruledge was supposed to be some future warrior)

I can see why I've seen others think the same. Interestingly the actual Paradox form of Gallade seems to be Fairy/Fighting.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Note on the official site it states Ceruledge and Armarouge both wear old armor, they just look for different things in the armor they don (distinguished and noble warriors for Armarouge, and armor full of grudges for Ceruledge).

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Since they are going to the extent of giving them new numbers and new names I'd expect GF to go wild with the designs of paradox pokémon, but based on what we've seen until now (jigglypuff and amoongus) I'm probably gonna be disappointed. There are regional forms that differ more than that from the original ones .

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Note on the official site it states Ceruledge and Armarouge both wear old armor, they just look for different things in the armor they don (distinguished and noble warriors for Armarouge, and armor full of grudges for Ceruledge).
Well to explain that;

1)Since I assumed they were paradox forms I didn't pay them much attention, since I don't like the concept.
2)The official website does not work if you're logged into a VPN

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I believe even if they have new names, it will still be similar to the originals, like regional evolutions are in a way.

Also one new leak and one rumour.

1.Bottle caps are back and have been changed for the better (no details)
2.Rumour is there is no Battle Tower for the post game.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I believe even if they have new names, it will still be similar to the originals, like regional evolutions are in a way.

Also one new leak and one rumour.

1.Bottle caps are back and have been changed for the better (no details)
2.Rumour is there is no Battle Tower for the post game.
I keep forgetting that Bottle Caps are a thing. And honestly the absence of a Battle Tower doesn’t bother me as I rarely play them in the games. The only times I have were in Pt/HGSS and Emerald because of the Battle Frontier and in BW2 to get the Shiny Dratini and Gibble

Bus

Might just be hope talking, but if its not in, there's a chance a version of it will appear in DLC and be more in depth than the previous one; maybe even have the DLC revolve around it like a gathering of champions from around the Poke World. Since Paldea seems to have multiple champions, it may be written as a region where the 'strong gather' and have a cool Battle Tower for the elite (a gathering of all champions like how Ultra Sun/Moon had a post story that gathered previous 'Team Leaders' in Team Rainbow).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So there is a chance that there is no any post game battle facility such as Battle Tower......
So we went from BF to single battle facilities to none... ;;

Luthor

I really hope there's a Battle Tower in these games. Seems kind of ridiculous to not have them.

Yeah I hope so. It really affects game longevity to me when there's not a facility or something similar and for some Pokemon you never get an chance to test out what some can do without an area like that.

Might just be hope talking, but if its not in, there's a chance a version of it will appear in DLC and be more in depth than the previous one; maybe even have the DLC revolve around it like a gathering of champions from around the Poke World. Since Paldea seems to have multiple champions, it may be written as a region where the 'strong gather' and have a cool Battle Tower for the elite (a gathering of all champions like how Ultra Sun/Moon had a post story that gathered previous 'Team Leaders' in Team Rainbow).

Potentially it could happen. Though it would mean limiting it only to DLC players which would be a lot less people for those who like online.

So there is a chance that there is no any post game battle facility such as Battle Tower......
So we went from BF to single battle facilities to none... ;;

If that is the case its disappointing to me. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I remember a while back Khu and Kaka both did say that the post-game is underwhelming.

Khu stated that they are pushing for the DLC and I can't remember if he stated they were going to be potentially bigger than Swsh's or not.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I remember a while back Khu and Kaka both did say that the post-game is underwhelming.

Khu stated that they are pushing for the DLC and I can't remember if he stated they were going to be potentially bigger than Swsh's or not.
My guess it will be bigger than SwSh if it involves the area in the center of Paldea that is obscured by clouds. Ever since SM, GF seems to like to hide certain locations of each region that we can visit in the games by clouds that obscures the map view in pre-release images. Alola hid the Aether Foundation and Galar had the Isle of Armor completely covered until the Expansion DLC was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.