• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Tbh they would probably just give these special forms to gen 1-5 Pokemon so I am fine with not having it :)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Am I the only one who actually likes the goofy hats with the Tera forms? And, yes, I still can’t believe that my online nickname is in the game mechanic.

Luthor

I don't necessarily like them but I don't hate them either

Yeah. With Terastallization they needed to do something its easy to tell at a glance what type the Pokemon has converted to (otherwise battles would end up as a lot of guesswork) and while I admit there are probably other ways they could have done it, to me its fine as is if a little goofy.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Am I the only one who actually likes the goofy hats with the Tera forms? And, yes, I still can’t believe that my online nickname is in the game mechanic.
I could honestly care less about the hats, but it should keep the competitive meta fresh.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Yeah. With Terastallization they needed to do something its easy to tell at a glance what type the Pokemon has converted to (otherwise battles would end up as a lot of guesswork) and while I admit there are probably other ways they could have done it, to me its fine as is if a little goofy.
I don't hate them either, but I wish they had gone with some kind of ethereal image floating over the pokemon to represent its new type instead of a semi-literal crown. It just looks a bit demeaning on some pokemon with cool or fierce designs.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The chandelier for Fire does seem rather random as most chandeliers these days are electrical and don’t use candles or natural gas anymore. The balloons for Flying I sort like and think it’s a cute reference to the famous Flying Pikachu card.

Orphalesion

I don't mind the hats. To me it's just another gimmick I don't care for, just like Dynamax and Mega Evolution. And at least unlike with Megaevolution and Gigantamax they aren't wasting development time on over-designed temporary form changes.

Luthor

I don't mind the hats really. I don't even mind the gimmick. I think it could shake things up competitively more than Dynamax/Gigantamax did.

I do think the mechanic itself will be a lot of fun. A lot of Pokemon which are currently not that great due to their typing may suddenly find themselves much more useful and that'll be fun to see some previously unexpected choices.

Last edited:

Bus

I do think the mechanic itself will be a lot of fun. A lot of Pokemon which are currently not that great due to their typing may suddenly find themselves much more useful and that'll be fun to see some previously unexpected choices.
I'm not a huge fan of the mechanic just being 'crazy hats!' but I love the idea for the exact reason you stated. It should be fun using a pokemon and suddenly changing its type like 'Uh oh, A Bastiodon, I'll just use Focus Blast to....Oh no, he's got feelers and 6 legs; he's a Bug Type now!'

Granted I know the change is just a hat, but I'll be headcannon-ing it differently as I play lol.

kemal07

I think the reason we will not have a form changing mechanic is because there will already be a 'special set' of Pokemon forms known as Ancient and Future forms as special forms. If we look at that pattern:

X and Y - no Kalosian forms so Mega evolution were the only forms as a mechanic.

ORAS - no Hoenn forms so Mega evolution were the only new forms.

SM/USUM - regional Alolan forms so they had no form changes for Z Moves.

SW/SH - regional galatians forms and special Gigantamax forms.

Arceus legends - Regional forms and new ancient forms.

SV - Seems we are getting regional Paldean forms and Future and Ancient forms. So I can see why there isn't a 3rd set of Pokemon forms as we usually get no more than two sets of forms per game.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think the reason we will not have a form changing mechanic is because there will already be a 'special set' of Pokemon forms known as Ancient and Future forms as special forms. If we look at that pattern:

X and Y - no Kalosian forms so Mega evolution were the only forms as a mechanic.

ORAS - no Hoenn forms so Mega evolution were the only new forms.

SM/USUM - regional Alolan forms so they had no form changes for Z Moves.

SW/SH - regional galatians forms and special Gigantamax forms.

Arceus legends - Regional forms and new ancient forms.

SV - Seems we are getting regional Paldean forms and Future and Ancient forms. So I can see why there isn't a 3rd set of Pokemon forms as we usually get no more than two sets of forms per game.
Future and Ancient form Pokemon are literally just called Paradox Pokemon.

Cibryll

Aeonian Twilight
The chandelier for Fire does seem rather random as most chandeliers these days are electrical and don’t use candles or natural gas anymore.
The chandelier might be a reference to Chandelure (being a Fire-type)?
(Now I really wanna see an Electric-type variant of the Litwick line ;-; )

Status
Not open for further replies.