• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I'm hoping they don't make a dexit or at least allow transferring any pokemon that is currently compatible/available in HOME. Pokedex Entries not available are fine for cutting the ammount of older pokemon available for fighting is absurd.
I’d lower my expectations if I were you as the amount of Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet will probably be similar to the amount that was in the base version of Sword&Shield with maybe a little more.

Then obviously the DLC for Scarlet & Violet will bring back some more old Pokémon.

Basically Dexit isn’t going anywhere.

Litleonid

I’d lower my expectations if I were you as the amount of Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet will probably be similar to the amount that was in the base version of Sword&Shield with maybe a little more.

Then obviously the DLC for Scarlet & Violet will bring back some more old Pokémon.

Basically Dexit isn’t going anywhere.
Kaka already said the dex is like 400-500? We know we're getting 105-107 new Pokemon, so we'll probably see around 300 returning Pokémon, though it'll probably be a bit bigger with Home transfers.

Ultra Beast Lover

I don't mind either way. Dex cuts do have the downside of making it so that you can't use all of your favorites, but it has the upside of forcing you to use new Pokemon, not relying on the old ones all the time.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't mind either way. Dex cuts do have the downside of making it so that you can't use all of your favorites, but it has the upside of forcing you to use new Pokemon, not relying on the old ones all the time.
Plus it doesn’t take as long to get a completed Dex as you would if every Pokémon so far was included.

Akashin

Plus it doesn’t take as long to get a completed Dex as you would if every Pokémon so far was included.
Ehh, it doesn't really save any time on that front. The Dex cuts occurring during Gen VII, for example, would have made no difference at all in terms of completing the Pokedex anyway, as any non-natives were available but excluded from it. SWSH surely would have been the same way with or without Dex cuts.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm hoping they don't make a dexit or at least allow transferring any pokemon that is currently compatible/available in HOME. Pokedex Entries not available are fine for cutting the ammount of older pokemon available for fighting is absurd.
The leakers and the Japanese website (since day one) have already confirmed that only Pokemon in the games can be transferred over from Home.

Meaning its the same thing as Swsh. We also know a few Pokemon already not returning to these games. Can check the front page of this thread. We also know that some of the Pokemon that haven't been on a Switch game yet, still won't be caught in these games. Like Toucannon and Minior.

Litleonid

October starts this Saturday, which means our next big news drop might come next week. Since news drops have finally started ramping up in August, they've been doing these in the first full week of the month. This means we should likely get our next big news drop next week.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Whoa, it's basically October already. Which means there's probably just two more big trailers to go, right? And we haven't heard of the picnics or paradox forms yet, that's probably what they gonna be about.

Luthor

Whoa, it's basically October already. Which means there's probably just two more big trailers to go, right? And we haven't heard of the picnics or paradox forms yet, that's probably what they gonna be about.

I could see a small Pokemon reveal around Halloween to reveal some Ghost or Dark Pokemon or something like that. Similar to what they did with Hisuian Zorua as the timing works pretty well. Not a guarantee but its something I could see them doing.

Phillies

The leakers and the Japanese website (since day one) have already confirmed that only Pokemon in the games can be transferred over from Home.

Meaning its the same thing as Swsh. We also know a few Pokemon already not returning to these games. Can check the front page of this thread. We also know that some of the Pokemon that haven't been on a Switch game yet, still won't be caught in these games. Like Toucannon and Minior.

This is what really irritates me about dexit. We are 5 games (9 if counting the Let's Go and remake games with their limited dexes) into the switch era and there are still missing pokemon. Dexit seems to have made it easier for some pokemon to fall through the cracks at Gamefreak. Id much rather that they just divide the roster up into 2 or 3 rosters and just keep rotating them for each gen. At least this way all pokemon would get equal treatment.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
This is what really irritates me about dexit. We are 5 games (9 if counting the Let's Go and remake games with their limited dexes) into the switch era and there are still missing pokemon. Dexit seems to have made it easier for some pokemon to fall through the cracks at Gamefreak. Id much rather that they just divide the roster up into 2 or 3 rosters and just keep rotating them for each gen. At least this way all pokemon would get equal treatment.
We however don't know if these Pokemon may come in the DLC or not.

Litleonid

I really don't mind the dex cuts starting out, but they really should be more mindful of what Pokemon are being added to a generation and which aren't if a console gets 2 generations. There shouldn't be situations even after DLC where there's Pokemon that don't make it to a single game on the current console generation.

Also here we go again. People are saying there's new this week because Masuda said "Let's do our best." I remember him saying it in July and having no news. It really feels like a stretch. There's a rumor of the 27th, but there's been nothing announced. Unless its a shadow drop, we're not getting news this week.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Also here we go again. People are saying there's new this week because Masuda said "Let's do our best." I remember him saying it in July and having no news. It really feels like a stretch. There's a rumor of the 27th, but there's been nothing announced. Unless its a shadow drop, we're not getting news this week.
I say no news :p

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I really don't mind the dex cuts starting out, but they really should be more mindful of what Pokemon are being added to a generation and which aren't if a console gets 2 generations. There shouldn't be situations even after DLC where there's Pokemon that don't make it to a single game on the current console generation.

Ya the current rumour is pretty much this:

Focus on the picnic feature
Cetitan's pre-evo gets shown via new egg mechanic
Steel Worm is shown and is called Mechmaton
Primeape Evo is shown
Paradox Donphans get teased via their pokemon cry.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster

Primeape Evo is shown
This sounds tame enough to be real, but anyway we are bound to get some news in the next weeks even if the rumors are fake

Orphalesion

But aside from Legends:Arceus, none of the modern Pokemon games (or really, any Pokemon game) required you to complete the dex. Sure you got the Shiny Charm (and/or in-game diplomas and stuff) but it was never required.
In addition to that modern games always had two Pokedexes to complete: the regional one, which was generally easier, and the national one.

Litleonid

Primeape Evo is shown
It sounds realistic, but there's one key thing. It said September 27th. That's tomorrow. The official Pokemon Twitter hasn't announced any trailers, so the only way we're gonna see a trailer is if its shadow dropped, which is possible.

Best hint we'll have is probably by checking the Pokemon Youtube playlist in 12 hours. The Pokemon news playlist currently has 61 videos. Two of those 61 videos are hidden, though I believe this playlist has had hidden videos for a while. If it goes up to 62 or something, chances might be higher.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think the only thing we're getting for this week is the Ed Sheeran song. If it has a tease of SV Pokemon, then cool. Otherwise, I expect an SV trailer not until october.

Litleonid

I think the only thing we're getting for this week is the Ed Sheeran song. If it has a tease of SV Pokemon, then cool. Otherwise, I expect an SV trailer not until october.
I really don't expect anything until next week. Some seem to insist we'll have news because Masuda said "Let's do our best.", which I think is a real stretch. He's said it before with no news. It isn't as much of an indicator as people think it is.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Apparently Kaka relayed some info on the Dark Quartet again.

Each one has a "vessel" so a key item related to them that is apparently incorporated into their design.

Snail-Bamboo Scroll/Ofuda Talisman
Fish-Egg/Ball (so possibly like a jewel-like fish egg)
Deer-Cauldron
Snow Leopard-Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.