• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Apparently Kaka relayed some info on the Dark Quartet again.

Each one has a "vessel" so a key item related to them that is apparently incorporated into their design.

Snail-Bamboo Scroll/Ofuda Talisman
Fish-Egg/Ball (so possibly like a jewel-like fish egg)
Deer-Cauldron
Snow Leopard-Sword
You said vessel and I got excited and thought that meant they possess people. Oh well, a little fetch quest sounds kinda cool.

Marzbar

Apparently Kaka relayed some info on the Dark Quartet again.

Each one has a "vessel" so a key item related to them that is apparently incorporated into their design.

Snail-Bamboo Scroll/Ofuda Talisman
Fish-Egg/Ball (so possibly like a jewel-like fish egg)
Deer-Cauldron
Snow Leopard-Sword
If the snow leopard legendary is holding a damn sword with its tail, I will be furious.

Also, on the topic of Dexit, and Pokémon being left out of the Switch games entirely, and them needing to evenly distribute the love to all Pokémon: yeah, I could probably stomach Dexit… if….IF…. They didn’t give us the same damn Pokémon every game. Kanto pandering for starters, but as an extreme example, the damn Whiscash line; a terrible, ugly, bland, uninteresting Pokémon that’s never, ever been competitively viable, which has somehow been available to catch in the wild in every single Pokémon game ever made since it debuted in Gen THREE. Every game. I’m actually convinced it’s Masuda’s favourite Pokémon and an in-joke at GameFreak.

Trash like the Seaking and Lumineon lines are similarly over-represented but not as badly.

Yet there’s something like 60 Pokémon not on a switch game yet….

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If the snow leopard legendary is holding a damn sword with its tail, I will be furious.

Also, on the topic of Dexit, and Pokémon being left out of the Switch games entirely, and them needing to evenly distribute the love to all Pokémon: yeah, I could probably stomach Dexit… if….IF…. They didn’t give us the same damn Pokémon every game. Kanto pandering for starters, but as an extreme example, the damn Whiscash line; a terrible, ugly, bland, uninteresting Pokémon that’s never, ever been competitively viable, which has somehow been available to catch in the wild in every single Pokémon game ever made since it debuted in Gen THREE. Every game. I’m actually convinced it’s Masuda’s favourite Pokémon and an in-joke at GameFreak.

Trash like the Seaking and Lumineon lines are similarly over-represented but not as badly.

Yet there’s something like 60 Pokémon not on a switch game yet….
Lumineon is over-represented? What on earth are you talking about? That thing has only been in three regional Dexes naturally and not through post game and even then one of those Dexes is just the past version of the region it debuted in.

Marzbar

Lumineon is over-represented? What on earth are you talking about? That thing has only been in three regional Dexes naturally and not through post game and even then one of those Dexes is just the past version of the region it debuted in.
It was literally catchable in diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, soul silver, alpha sapphire, omega ruby, black, white, black 2, white 2, sun, moon, ultra sun, ultra moon, legends Arceus, brilliant diamond, shining pearl, and it was transferable to X and Y. AND it was in Pokémon New Snap.

So pray tell, how is that not over-represented compared to others? It’s missed ONE game (Sword and Shield) in like… 15+ years since it debuted? And it’s confirmed for Scarlet and Violet.

EDIT: I think I should clarify further. It’s possible I just hate generic fish Pokémon. Give Lumineon a stat boost and a fairy typing and you can put it in every game you want. Give Seaking a stat boost or evolution too.

But if you compare that Lumineon availability to say… poor old Tropius. It was skipped in Gen 7 and Gen 8. And he’s not alone (Spinda, Beautifly, Dustox and Castform come to mind?). And then there’s Pokémon that I had almost forgotten about entirely that popped up in Snap or Legends Arceus, like Swalot, Grumpig, Kecleon, Wormadam, Chatot, Carnivine…
Poor Toucannon is shafted Gen 8 and 9, but instead we get Staraptor AGAIN. Minior is shafted Gen 8 and 9, but instead we get Sudowoodo AGAIN.

All I’m saying is, if you’re going to give us a water route with some fish in it, how about Gorebyss for once? I don’t even remember the name of the other one FFS. Hey, at least Clampearl was in Snap.
Toxapex is in the third straight Gen though. I guess we’re stuck with that.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Yep, no trailer. People need to realize also that Masuda saying "Let's do our best!" Isn't an indicator of game news coming.
People just need to stop assuming everything means a trailer is coming. Remember when they were doing that region recap thing on Twitter or YouTube or wherever and people said it was obviously leading up to them revealing Paldea after Galar? And then they didn't? If Pokemon's gonna announce something, we won't know about it until a few days ahead of time

Litleonid

People just need to stop assuming everything means a trailer is coming. Remember when they were doing that region recap thing on Twitter or YouTube or wherever and people said it was obviously leading up to them revealing Paldea after Galar? And then they didn't? If Pokemon's gonna announce something, we won't know about it until a few days ahead of time
Sorry but that was kinda reasonable. We didn't know the region then and I recall them doing the same thing to reveal Alola or Galar.

Autobot N

Sorry but that was kinda reasonable. We didn't know the region then and I recall them doing the same thing to reveal Alola or Galar.
They did not. The same thing also happened last year when they were obviously gonna reveal more about Hisui during a region countdown. And they didn't. This is just something they do every now and then and it has no connection to reveals.

ShadowForce720

They did not. The same thing also happened last year when they were obviously gonna reveal more about Hisui during a region countdown. And they didn't. This is just something they do every now and then and it has no connection to reveals.
No, there has been times when they have done a count down and it lead to a reveal. For instance if I recall they did a count down with the starters of each generation that wound up leading the starters for gen 8 being revealed.

No matter how you try to argue, it reasonable speculation to think if they are counting down regions in the marketing of gen 9 before they reveal the gen 9 reason, it’s reasonable to think that it could’ve lead to the reveal of the gen 9 region.

There is also a distinct difference between games that start a new generation and games that don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.