• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nave

I like Wiglett. It's cute, and I like how they're using convergent evolution.
Would have liked a bigger trailer though.

Akashin

Its because they're not a thing. They're not a category, yet people like Khu continued to push this term. Also I just don't like Khu's term in general. Convergant is a better term and not inappropriate like Khu whined about, but either way, there is no specific in game category for these 4 Pokemon.
Pseudo-Legendaries aren’t an official thing either (at least last I checked?), and yet here we are. At the end of the day, RFakes ended up being a fan-made term for a subsection of Pokémon that evidently do exist; I don’t see what the issue is.

Not being a fan of the name, or thinking Convergent is a better description is perfectly fine, but to the point of being annoyed that people use the first term coined for them? It seems excessive for no real reason.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wouldn’t use the word convergent to describe the Unova Pokèmon that resemble older Pokèmon. Those Pokèmon tend to be based on the same animal/idea just different species/variations where as convergent evolution is for species that aren’t related having similar traits like how whales and bats both use echolocation.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Pseudo-Legendaries aren’t an official thing either (at least last I checked?), and yet here we are. At the end of the day, RFakes ended up being a fan-made term for a subsection of Pokémon that evidently do exist; I don’t see what the issue is.

Not being a fan of the name, or thinking Convergent is a better description is perfectly fine, but to the point of being annoyed that people use the first term coined for them? It seems excessive for no real reason.
Eeveelution and Shiny were pretty much fan base terms that were eventually made an official part of Pokémon lexicon. Eeveelution originated from the Aquapolis theme deck of the same name and created by Wizards of the Coast which is separate from GF and Nintendo.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I get that the concepts behind convergent pokémon and regional variants are different but it would be really better just group them as one and call this little guy "Paludean Diglett" instead of Wiglett. It would save a lot of time from people discussing this, khu would have one less thing to whine about, the only sacrifice would be not having a pokémon named Wiglett (which I think is a very funny name)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I get that the concepts behind convergent pokémon and regional variants are different but it would be really better just group them as one and call this little guy "Paludean Diglett" instead of Wiglett. It would save a lot of time from people discussing this, khu would have one less thing to whine about, the only sacrifice would be not having a pokémon named Wiglett (which I think is a very funny name)
When you think about it we have SANDscrew and SANDslash for Ice Pokemon...

They could've given separate names to Regional Vatiants, Megas and G-max forms.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I think it's a shame that Game Freak shouldn't be able to experiment with cool concepts because the fandom is too dumb to understand that these aren't regional variants.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
We probably can’t really trust what Kaka said about what Pokémon are in the game. The Applin line being there is pretty contradictory. Kaka may not have fully explored the game.

I watched all the paldean ecology videos. What I will say is this:

The areas look VERY empty and VERY bland. But I expected as much. Also the fight between Seviper and Zangoose was soooo awkward looking.

Pokémon that were shown:
Olive Orchard: Mareep and Diglett
Field with pond: Seviper, Zangoose, Marill / Azumarill, Psyduck
Beach: Wiglett, Wingull, Magikarp
Desert: Sandile, Krokorok, Phanphy, regular Donphan
Swamp: paldean wooper and psyduck
Where is this footage? Can someone link.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I think it's a shame that Game Freak shouldn't be able to experiment with cool concepts because the fandom is too dumb to understand that these aren't regional variants.
Yeah but nothing of real value would be lost, right? They would still be able to create pokémon that "evolved differently", but it'd be just under the same label as regional variants. It would still be the same wiggly white eel diglett.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Where is this footage? Can someone link.

Scroll down, click yellow tab, enter a username click the tab next to it

then a scripted live video will appear where real life ecologists reviewing the habitats of Paldea.

Fairy King

I think the concept is cool but Wiglett is not for me. It kind of grosses me out honestly. I did not enjoy the way they were popping out of the ground together. I also think if they are to be called anything as a group convergent evolutions is better than RFake.

Last edited:

MunchMunch

Also can we please stop trying to make the Unova Pokemon look like All these other Pokemon thing? Like yes some Unova Pokemon look close to other Pokemon but none of them look as much as Wiglett does to Diglett. This is completely new and different and what Pokemon has been hinting at since the Birds in Galar.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think the concept is cool but Wiglett is not for me. It kind of grosses me out honestly.
Same here.
Regardless of this form being very lazy in my opinion (for being a completely new Pokemon instead of a regional form) and also ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER gen 1 pandering, it just looks really gross in my opinion and gives me bad connotations
And if you create a totally "new" Pokemon that looks 90 % like the original Pokemon and give it a NEW Pokedex slot (which we dont get many new ones anyway), at least give it a NEW and ORIGINAL NAME. Or else just make it a regional form.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Same here.
Regardless of this form being very lazy in my opinion (for being a completely new Pokemon instead of a regional form) and also ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER gen 1 pandering, it just look really gross in my opinion and gives me bad connotations
You have about 9 more times you can use the "another gen 1 Pokemon" complaint this gen.

kemal07

I have been hearing about a Let's Go sequel the last few days... where is this coming from? I feel like I have missed something...

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I have been hearing about a Let's Go sequel the last few days... where is this coming from? I feel like I have missed something...
Just speculation.

Currently side game rumours are these:

Let's Go seuqel taking place in Johto and being a remake of Gold/Silver as the next step for that franchise. Note that the pic listed above shows Umbreon, Espeon, Ho-Oh and Lugia next to the Let's Go box art though.

Gen 5 remakes, since those are next in line for getting remakes. That or possibly being the next Legends game or both.

Detective Pikachu 2, since its been noted to be in development, some think it will release next year.

kemal07

Just speculation.

Currently side game rumours are these:

Let's Go seuqel taking place in Johto and being a remake of Gold/Silver as the next step for that franchise. Note that the pic listed above shows Umbreon, Espeon, Ho-Oh and Lugia next to the Let's Go box art though.

Gen 5 remakes, since those are next in line for getting remakes. That or possibly being the next Legends game or both.

Detective Pikachu 2, since its been noted to be in development, some think it will release next year.
Thank you!

I totally understand the Unova remakes as they are next in line. I just couldn't work out where the Let's Go Johto games were coming from. I do love the previous Johto Games so that would be awesome. I guess it might be the company's new way of remaking games that have already been remade as Let's Go games, like they did with the Kanto games which is wonderful. I doubt we will hear anything about those yet since SV aren't even released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.