• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Thank you!

I totally understand the Unova remakes as they are next in line. I just couldn't work out where the Let's Go Johto games were coming from. I do love the previous Johto Games so that would be awesome. I guess it might be the company's new way of remaking games that have already been remade as Let's Go games, like they did with the Kanto games which is wonderful. I doubt we will hear anything about those yet since SV aren't even released yet.
Unova games seems like something good for Gen X and maybe next Gen console.

Let's Hope we will get Legends Original Dragon.

Let's Go Johto is possible but I'm not sure it will work, maybe if they will add all Regional forms.

I'm wondering if Pokemon movies and event Mythicals will every return.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Just speculation.

Currently side game rumours are these:

Let's Go seuqel taking place in Johto and being a remake of Gold/Silver as the next step for that franchise. Note that the pic listed above shows Umbreon, Espeon, Ho-Oh and Lugia next to the Let's Go box art though.

Gen 5 remakes, since those are next in line for getting remakes. That or possibly being the next Legends game or both.

Detective Pikachu 2, since its been noted to be in development, some think it will release next year.
Wasn't there a person who's job title stated he was working on pokemon detective 2 and another yet to be released title that started the speculation?

ShadowForce720

Yeah but nothing of real value would be lost, right? They would still be able to create pokémon that "evolved differently", but it'd be just under the same label as regional variants. It would still be the same wiggly white eel diglett.
No, it actually wouldn’t, because then it would actually have to be based off a mole instead of a eel witch are two completely different animals and species.

The difference between regional variants and “regional fakes/convergent mons” is that in the case of regional variants there still based on the same sort of animal or origin as the original/standard variants.

While in the case of “regional fakes/ convergent mons” they are based on completely different animals or origins but just happen to look very much like another mon.

The reason why Wigglett is not a form or regional variant of Diglett is simply because Diglett is a mole and Wigglett is a eel so they are 2 entirely different Pokémon because an Mole and a Eel are two entirely different creatures.

Luthor

Unova games seems like something good for Gen X and maybe next Gen console.

Let's Hope we will get Legends Original Dragon.

Let's Go Johto is possible but I'm not sure it will work, maybe if they will add all Regional forms.

I'm wondering if Pokemon movies and event Mythicals will every return.

Unova would be interesting for a legends games as it is a fairly small dex (similar to Sinnoh) so it would be easy to add a lot of evolutions, regional form, pre-evolution and new Pokemon relevant to the region.

As for let's go Johto if they were to do that I think i'd want to see them add in all the regional forms (for all the Pokemon in the dex), Megas (though I admit this probably won't happen) and the connected evolutions (like Gliscor, Sylveon and the upcoming Primeape evo) as the Johto dex has a lot of type limitations and a lot of Pokemon that really benefit from their evolution. Though this is more hope than expectation.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
The reason why Wigglett is not a form or regional variant of Diglett is simply because Diglett is a mole and Wigglett is a eel so they are 2 entirely different Pokémon because an Mole and a Eel are two entirely different creatures.
That does make sense to us, but in-game they are not a mole or and eel per se, but just digletts.
The reasoning of them being a mole or an eel just works because we know what those are, but in-game they would be just a ground diglett and a water diglett, so the variant approach would be ok even if to us they seemed to be based in completely different animals.

I ended up talking too much about what ifs, but I'm actually fine with them being called whatever, I love the idea of old designs being reimagined so I'm not gonna complain lol

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Let’s go Johto games sound boring and about a region we have seen 100 times so J think it’s very likely we get these games

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
When you think about it we have SANDscrew and SANDslash for Ice Pokemon...

They could've given separate names to Regional Vatiants, Megas and G-max forms.
And this time we can't even say it was because of localization choice as the original japanese names use "sand". Shadshrew is literally called "Sand" lol
People are pointing this out from today's Webinar.

FdwfsaSXoAAqU5i

Let's Go Espeon and Let's Go Umbreon??
Please, no. LGPE was bad enough as it was.

LordSerperior

Let’s go Johto games sound boring and about a region we have seen 100 times so J think it’s very likely we get these games
This isn't really the place for that discussion but I would like to strongly disagree with that statement. We have only seen Johto twice (gens 2 and 4), both times having to share its spotlight with Kanto. It is also the region we haven't revisited for the longest time, the last time being 2010, over a decade ago.

I for one, would love a Johto game that does not involve Kanto, remake, prequel, sequel, I'll take anything. Though preferably not whatever BDSP was.

kemal07

I know this is completely out of topic, but I heard rumours and a few posts elsewhere that the teacher from the trailer that showcased the teachers (the male teacher with black hair, moustache and a stripy purple shirt is the Dragon Elite Four.

Apparently the clue / hint is in his Shelgon like hair, the draconic eyebrows / eyes and his moustache that is shaped like fangs.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned and wonder if this hint or clue was leaked by our famous leaker/s?

Autobot N

I'd be in for a Let's Go Johto, I consider HGSS to be my first Pokemon game and Johto is one of the only regions to not be in 3D yet. Plus the LGPE artstyle is really nice

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
This isn't really the place for that discussion but I would like to strongly disagree with that statement. We have only seen Johto twice (gens 2 and 4), both times having to share its spotlight with Kanto. It is also the region we haven't revisited for the longest time, the last time being 2010, over a decade ago.

I for one, would love a Johto game that does not involve Kanto, remake, prequel, sequel, I'll take anything. Though preferably not whatever BDSP was.
Let’s see: A pair of games (Gold and Silver) then Crystal and another pair of games (hggs). Another pair of games will make this region have 7 games in total. While regions like Kalos have 2 games..

Autobot N

Let’s see: A pair of games (Gold and Silver) then Crystal and another pair of games (hggs). Another pair of games will make this region have 7 games in total. While regions like Kalos have 2 games..
Counting paired versions as 2 doesn't really count since it's essentially the same game with minor differences

LordSerperior

So par for the course for literally every region. Even with all that, the last games came out in 2010 (2009 if going by Japanese release) and is one of 2 regions that haven't gotten a 3D game. Plenty of reasons to revisit Johto.

Yes, Kalos should have gotten the Z version it very desperately needed to not be forgettable but that does not mean every other region is being pandered to or is overdone as you so often insinuate, and certainly not Johto of all regions.

Red and Blue

I could go for Lets Go Johto and maybe Legends Celebi. I have played the original GS games in ages and never got around to the DS remakes.

Akashin

I could go for Lets Go Johto and maybe Legends Celebi. I have played the original GS games in ages and never got around to the DS remakes.
I wouldn't say no to a Legends Celebi that serves as a direct sequel to LA. Rei/Akari and a detachment from the Survey Corps head to Johto (likely driven by a desire to learn more about Arceus and the Unown), where they assist natives in building the Sinjoh Ruins; Rei/Akari would be instrumental to this, as (presumably) the only person to ever lay eyes on the Hall of Origin that the Mystri Stage takes inspiration from. While there they learn about Celebi, who Rei/Akari sees as a means of returning to their own time period. What follows is a quest that, among other things, leads to the creation of the GS Ball (probably involving Lugia and Ho-Oh in some way) as part of a quest to catch Celebi and get its help to return home.

There's something there.

Luthor

Apparently Kaka relayed some info on the Dark Quartet again.

Each one has a "vessel" so a key item related to them that is apparently incorporated into their design.

Snail-Bamboo Scroll/Ofuda Talisman
Fish-Egg/Ball (so possibly like a jewel-like fish egg)
Deer-Cauldron
Snow Leopard-Sword

Interesting. Most of those I can think of a way in which they can easily be incorporated into the design but I'm really curious on how a Deer can have a cauldron incorporated. Also makes me wonder we do to find/obtain vessel as I wouldn't be surprised if there are extra prerequisites.

Status
Not open for further replies.