• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

kemal07

Two points I would like to mention.

1- As most of you guessed, the Pokémon that she is referring to is most possibly the plasma frog Pokémon. But it is interesting how they did this quiz because it seems the directors of the trailer/quiz wanted the viewers to guess out of the leaked Pokémon. It is the first time they did something like this where we had to guess a Pokémon in a quiz type trailer. The vibe I got was that they definitely know about the leaks and how they want the viewers to guess the correct one out of the newly leaked electric type Pokémon.

2- Alot of people are confused on how her hair clips work like that and move on their own. My theory is that..
She is also an android character! Similar to how Sada, Toro and Geeta are hinted as androids. I also remember the leak which stated that Gym Leaders have their secrets... maybe this is hers.

It makes sense that if she is an electronic android, it is easily explainable how her hair clips move around like that. I also made this prediction by paying attention to the details in her eyes... they seem very 'digital'. She is also an electric gym leader and androids are pretty much... well, electric.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

1- As most of you guessed, the Pokémon that she is referring to is most possibly the plasma frog Pokémon. But it is interesting how they did this quiz because it seems the directors of the trailer/quiz wanted the viewers to guess out of the leaked Pokémon. It is the first time they did something like this where we had to guess a Pokémon in a quiz type trailer. The vibe I got was that they definitely know about the leaks and how they want the viewers to guess the correct one out of the newly leaked electric type Pokémon.

2- Alot of people are confused on how her hair clips work like that and move on their own. My theory is that..
She is also an android character! Similar to how Sada, Toro and Geeta are hinted as androids. I also remember the leak which stated that Gym Leaders have their secrets... maybe this is hers.

It makes sense that if she is an electronic android, it is easily explainable how her hair clips move around like that. I also made this prediction by paying attention to the details in her eyes... they seem very 'digital'. She is also an electric gym leader and androids are pretty much... well, electric.
The eyes could just be contacts. Remember that Valerie had really odd eyes in XY yet she was just a regular human that seems to wear special contacts to make her eyes look bigger than usual. The customization option also allows players to have designs in their eyes.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

This is definitely not made with leaks in mind.

The quiz was specifically made to tease an unknown and unrevealed Pokemon.

If it wasn't for leaks or us already knowing about it because we've followed them. We would all be trying to guess what she was talking about.

Syther

Y not?
Some of you need to accept that its just not gonna happen. We aren't gonna see a full dex. Its time to move on.
We'll move on when they cut stop cutting even well known pokemon like Bulbasaur from the games, and gets FULLY undone. I mean seriously did you see how bad the connectivity was in Gen 8? Normally a remake and spinoff where you play as a trainer could connect to the first game of the generation to battle and trade. Thanks to the cut SWSH, BDSP, and Legends all can't connect to each other!

Not to mention we have pokemon who STILL have no game to be transfered in to, breaking a promice gamefreak made about not making trainers' pokemon feel useless.

Last edited:

kemal07

This is definitely not made with leaks in mind.

The quiz was specifically made to tease an unknown and unrevealed Pokemon.

If it wasn't for leaks or us already knowing about it because we've followed them. We would all be trying to guess what she was talking about.
I think it is both actually. A quiz usually has hosts ask questions with answers already known to the world with the main aim of having the person competing using their knowledge to answer correctly. I get that it comes across as a tease, but I really feel like this trailer in particular was thought and put together after leaks got out. I'm sure in mind, the people who put this quiz trailer together had the mindset that people would look into the list of leaked electric Pokémon to work out and imagine which leaked Pokémon Iono is hinting at.

keithpetrosky

I like the voice, 10x better than reading text. I wish everybody talked in game.
I think the partner Pokémon is Chinchou.
As for the colored magnemites Magneboi and Magnegurl.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
As a big fan of vtubers myself, I watched the whole thing with a smile on my face

not even gonna complain about the lack of information, you go girl! give us nothing!
Her stream was better than most RW Poketubers…

Marzbar

I really hope she’s talking about the plasma frog final evolution and not the tadpole/pre evolution. Especially since she states it’s her “partner pokemon”.

I’m so sick of stupid, naive, delusional, underpowered gym leaders with no idea what they’re doing. “Oh yeah, I’m the region’s best grass trainer! You won’t beat me! Here’s a level 12 Bellsprout or Oddish or some crap”

No. You’re s**t at Pokémon. Get better. Be better.

No excuse for “type experts” not to have final evolutions on their team. I’m looking at you Hulbury from SwSh with your Goldeen and Arrokuda. You’re pathetic.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I really hope she’s talking about the plasma frog final evolution and not the tadpole/pre evolution. Especially since she states it’s her “partner pokemon”.

I’m so sick of stupid, naive, delusional, underpowered gym leaders with no idea what they’re doing. “Oh yeah, I’m the region’s best grass trainer! You won’t beat me! Here’s a level 12 Bellsprout or Oddish or some crap”

No excuse for “type experts” not to have final evolutions on their team. I’m looking at you Hulbury from SwSh with your Goldeen and Arrokuda. You’re pathetic.
I believe Iona was stated by Kaka to be considered either the 3rd or 4th gym leader.

Kaka said the best way to do the gyms is around:

Bug
Grass
Water
Electric
Ice
Normal
Ghost
Psychic

or paired up for your own choice since these gyms are around the same level group.

Bug/Grass
Water/Electric
Normal/Ice
Ghost/Psychic

Sarefan

Hylden General.
It was a nice little video. Little bit bummed that no new pokémon was shown, but oh well.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Usually when that happens, they come at you later with a fully-evolved team (which is probably their REAL team), so I don’t see why the early Gym Leaders using weaker Pokemon to accommodate weaker Trainers is indicative of them sucking at Pokemon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
We'll move on when they cut stop cutting even well known pokemon like Bulbasaur from the games, and gets FULLY undone. I mean seriously did you see how bad the connectivity was in Gen 8? Normally a remake and spinoff where you play as a trainer could connect to the first game of the generation to battle and trade. Thanks to the cut SWSH, BDSP, and Legends all can't connect to each other!

Not to mention we have pokemon who STILL have no game to be transfered in to, breaking a promice gamefreak made about not making trainers' pokemon feel useless.
Home is free and connects all the games

27 Pokemon not found on a switch title outside of now almost 1000 Pokemon and without DLC dex known, is not bad.

scififan21

Home is only free for one box correct? I mean I've tried saving stuff without the paid subscription it is a nightmare. XD I have a subscription to Home now though. I mean as long as we have a good amount in the Dex in the base games I'm okay, with DLC being a thing I'm not pissed like I was about it with SwSh, but I didn't know DLC/Free Update was coming at the time. Hence why I didn't buy it on release like all previous titles.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Home is only free for one box correct? I mean I've tried saving stuff without the paid subscription it is a nightmare. XD I have a subscription to Home now though. I mean as long as we have a good amount in the Dex in the base games I'm okay, with DLC being a thing I'm not pissed like I was about it with SwSh, but I didn't know DLC/Free Update was coming at the time. Hence why I didn't buy it on release like all previous titles.
Yes, more than enough room for transfering Pokemon to and from a game. Which is my point.

And yes DLC seems to be likely, so its even possible the remaining 27 Pokemon can find their way in it.

445 base game Pokedex including transfer exclusive Pokemon is not a bad dex either.

Marzbar

Usually when that happens, they come at you later with a fully-evolved team (which is probably their REAL team), so I don’t see why the early Gym Leaders using weaker Pokemon to accommodate weaker Trainers is indicative of them sucking at Pokemon.
To be fair, weaker trainers shouldn’t be able to challenge gym leaders at all. Doesn’t even make sense when you think about it, as the challenge in the whole region is to collect all the gym badges, and if that was the case, not every trainer would start their adventure in the exact same town with the same low level Pokémon in the first route. People are born in other towns. The design just isn’t logical. Gym leaders should instead all be really strong trainers/difficult battles that you can’t challenge until later in a certain point in the game / storyline. I’ve hated the current format since the Red/Blue days. You battle Brock, and then the next route you battle a Hiker who’s got better Rock Pokémon than the gym leader…

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
To be fair, weaker trainers shouldn’t be able to challenge gym leaders at all. Doesn’t even make sense when you think about it, as the challenge in the whole region is to collect all the gym badges, and if that was the case, not every trainer would start their adventure in the exact same town with the same low level Pokémon in the first route. People are born in other towns. The design just isn’t logical. Gym leaders should instead all be really strong trainers/difficult battles that you can’t challenge until later in a certain point in the game / storyline. I’ve hated the current format since the Red/Blue days. You battle Brock, and then the next route you battle a Hiker who’s got better Rock Pokémon than the gym leader…
Lore wise though, its shown that Gym Leaders choose Pokemon that match the challenging trainer's level skills. Indicating they do have a range of Pokemon teams and definitely higher leveled Pokemon to go with their title.

563GE6oOBAhWhfF8STjykvs8STOmcPEPIO29BYMt4hQ.jpg

This will even be more the case once Game Freak figures out how to level scale their gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.