• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Because he's a grass type gym leader, he needs to make Sudowudo into a grass type, I suspect all gymleaders will have both an ace that is a new Pokémon/form of their type and an incorrectly typed Pokémon for their speciality that they will correct through terrastalliziation.
Kind of like the Galar gym leaders who had both Gen 8 aces & Gingantamax pokémon from the previous gens (ex-Bea with Geapploct & G-Max Machamp)

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Lore wise though, its shown that Gym Leaders choose Pokemon that match the challenging trainer's level skills. Indicating they do have a range of Pokemon teams and definitely higher leveled Pokemon to go with their title.

563GE6oOBAhWhfF8STjykvs8STOmcPEPIO29BYMt4hQ.jpg

This will even be more the case once Game Freak figures out how to level scale their gyms.
If they aren’t doing it in their first open-world game, then it’ll never happen. I don’t know why, but that’s just how it is.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If they aren’t doing it in their first open-world game, then it’ll never happen. I don’t know why, but that’s just how it is.
Well some thought they've never do 3d games or open world and that's happening. Game Freak works in big baby steps for what we consider basic gameplay mechanics.

Its not out of possibilities, just definitely not happening within the next 3 years.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Luthor

Well some thought they've never do 3d games or open world and that's happening. Game Freak works in big baby steps for what we consider basic gameplay mechanics.

Its not out of possibilities, just definitely not happening within the next 3 years.

Also I think sometimes they want to see how people react to certain changes and get feedback from it before they fully change things. They did minor scaling in the DLC and my suspicion is they could have done it for this game but wanted to see if people enjoyed the open-worldness first before they change something that's technically been unchanged for over 20 years in variable gym teams as some people prefer having a defined linear path.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Also, inb4 Iono's partner is the Tentacool/Tentacruel lookalike. I mean, one of Tentacool's dex entries states that the gems on its head resemble eyes! Plus, it's based on a jellyfish, which is soft, sluggish, expands/contracts and can shock people.

ShadowForce720

It's been stated to be a Grass/Ground type.
Not only that but lookslikes aren’t based on the same thing as the Pokémon they look like.

For example Wiglett which is a lookalike of Diglett is actually based off of a eel instead of being based on a mole(which Diglett is based off of).

So while Tentacool/Tentacruel is based off of a Jellyfish it’s lookalike is not but on a jellyfish and given what is said about it so far the Tentacool/Tentacruel lookalike is actually based off of a mushroom.

I'm confused. There's literally a new Magneton in the leak. Are we saying the "hairclips" aren't that? Do we know what that looks like or what?

Honestly, if that wasn't a new Pokemon of some kind and they just blatantly falsely advertised the best Pokemon this Gen so far, because it still is one by design, I'm not buying these games. There's so much wrong with that it's not even funny.

vondecayle

New Gym leader

The teeth in the middle is unsettling, I hadn’t noticed until someone pointed it out. Now I can’t unsee it.

Autobot N

I'm confused. There's literally a new Magneton in the leak. Are we saying the "hairclips" aren't that? Do we know what that looks like or what?

Honestly, if that wasn't a new Pokemon of some kind and they just blatantly falsely advertised the best Pokemon this Gen so far, because it still is one by design, I'm not buying these games. There's so much wrong with that it's not even funny.
I mean she literally said they were hairclips. Doesn't get much clearer than that. And Paradox Magneton isn't native to this time period, where would she find one to wear as hairclips?

Pokemon can be called hairclips if you're a self-absorbed youtuber. She says they aren't the new Pokemon she was teasing, but that's doesn't mean they aren't Pokemon at all when they are clearly Pokemon in every single way other than the one sentence she uses to say it's not the one she's currently talking about.

Now, what does this paradox form look like? Show me. If we don't know, then we definitely just saw it or a Pokemon related to it.

Edit: To be clear here's what we're dealing with right now.

Evidence these are a Pokemon:
- They are a new design for Magnemite/Magneton, a Pokemon
- They animate like Pokemon and not in any set patterns
- They are textured like Pokemon, with multiple different expressions
- Which they express like Pokemon to things happening in the video
- They have unique sound effects for when they do things, like Pokemon
- They are in the leak under Paradox Pokemon

Evidence against these being new Pokemon
- The self-absorbed streamer character called them "hairclips"

Lmfao.

Last edited:

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Do we know when this follow up video is supposed to happen btw?
My guess would be any time between tomorrow and november 18th

Jokes aside, there's no date yet, but I would imagine they would do it tomorrow as it was with the Grafaiai (iirc they started hinting him on one day, followed with some more hints on the next one and released a trailer on the following day)

But then again, it'd be weird to do it without annoucing the time sooooooo probably next week is a safer bet

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Pokemon can be called hairclips if you're a self-absorbed youtuber. She says they aren't the new Pokemon she was teasing, but that's doesn't mean they aren't Pokemon at all when they are clearly Pokemon in every single way other than the one sentence she uses to say it's not the one she's currently talking about.

Now, what does this paradox form look like? Show me. If we don't know, then we definitely just saw it or a Pokemon related to it.

Edit: To be clear here's what we're dealing with right now.

Evidence these are a Pokemon:
- They are a new design for Magnemite/Magneton, a Pokemon
- They animate like Pokemon and not in any set patterns
- They are textured like Pokemon, with multiple different expressions
- Which they express like Pokemon to things happening in the video
- They have unique sound effects for when they do things, like Pokemon
- They are in the leak under Paradox Pokemon

Evidence against these being new Pokemon
- The self-absorbed streamer character called them "hairclips"

Lmfao.
I mean Rotomi and Rotom-Dex/Phone/Bike aren't Pokemon. Just advance technology with a Pokemon in it.

The Magnemite on her head are nothing more than fancy Vtuber headgear that serve as her emoticons. Her entire room has floating furniture and she is an electric gym leader, so she probably knows something about magnetic engineering and magnetic levitation.

This is nothing more than drones that look like Magnemite.

Magneton IS getting a new form in these games but its a PARADOX FORM, and is rumoured to have rock or fire typing. These hairclips aren't that. Paradox Pokemon even have a new name for each Pokemon they are, so they wouldn't be called Magnemite anyways.

Her partner Pokemon is the leaked electric/psychic frog.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The plasma frog might have been hinted at by the thumbnail. The shape of the electric shock is the shape of the frog's head, with lightbulbs for its eyes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Khu did mention that the first stage of the plasma frog is a "lightbulb tadpole with a filament tail". Also interesting why they chose to replace the hairclips.

I mean Rotomi and Rotom-Dex/Phone/Bike aren't Pokemon. Just advance technology with a Pokemon in it.
They are Rotom, who shape-shifts. That's not at all comparable to this, a brand new version of a Pokemon's design without any in-universe explanation. And, even if it was, it'd confirm that they are, in fact, Pokemon in some form, because that's what Rotom is.
The Magnemite on her head are nothing more than fancy Vtuber headgear that serve as her emoticons. Her entire room has floating furniture and she is an electric gym leader, so she probably knows something about magnetic engineering and magnetic levitation.
Floating static objects and animated, moving, expressive, sound-making, sentient creatures on her head are two very different things as well. Magnetic levitation does not explain any of this. It would only explain if they were floating in place somewhere.
This is nothing more than drones that look like Magnemite.
I don't particularly think "drones" explains any of this well either? That could explain the flying around, although it's a very very convoluted explanation (Occam's Razor), but that's not going to explain the sounds, expressions, or why they chose to redesign a Pokemon and put all this effort in if it supposedly doesn't actually exist. "Drones" are also not what she calls them, to be clear, if we really are taking her stupid "hairclip" comment literally and not allowing them to be anything else.

They also don't "look like Magnemite". They are a complete redesign of Magnemite, with sounds, movements, animations, and expressions all made specifically for this redesign. The redesign also makes perfect sense as a redesign of said Pokemon, with colors based on polarity. Calling than "nothing more than (anything) that looks like Magnemite" is simply incorrect.
Magneton IS getting a new form in these games but its a PARADOX FORM, and is rumoured to have rock or fire typing. These hairclips aren't that. Paradox Pokemon even have a new name for each Pokemon they are, so they wouldn't be called Magnemite anyways.
I know it's a Paradox form. However, I don't see any reason to think it's the types you mention here and "I heard rumors" is not evidence for that. Do we see it in the leak? Do we have pictures? Otherwise, I'm going to take what I see from official media lol.

Magnemite and Magneton are interchangeable here, depending on if we think they are meant to be interpreted together or not. Could also be a Wiglett sort of deal and be its own thing. It's all essentially the same thing in my eyes. This distinction doesn't actually change anything about if it's a Pokemon or not.
Her partner Pokemon is the leaked electric/psychic frog.
We're not talking about her partner Pokemon. Trainers can have multiple Pokemon, assuming these are meant to be hers.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
They are Rotom, who shape-shifts. That's not at all comparable to this, a brand new version of a Pokemon's design without any in-universe explanation. And, even if it was, it'd confirm that they are, in fact, Pokemon in some form, because that's what Rotom is.

Floating static objects and animated, moving, expressive, sound-making, sentient creatures on her head are two very different things as well. Magnetic levitation does not explain any of this. It would only explain if they were floating in place somewhere.

I don't particularly think "drones" explains any of this well either? That could explain the flying around, although it's a very very convoluted explanation (Occam's Razor), but that's not going to explain the sounds, expressions, or why they chose to redesign a Pokemon and put all this effort in if it supposedly doesn't actually exist. "Drones" are also not what she calls them, to be clear, if we really are taking her stupid "hairclip" comment literally and not allowing them to be anything else.

They also don't "look like Magnemite". They are a complete redesign of Magnemite, with sounds, movements, animations, and expressions all made specifically for this redesign. The redesign also makes perfect sense as a redesign of said Pokemon, with colors based on polarity. Calling than "nothing more than (anything) that looks like Magnemite" is simply incorrect.

I know it's a Paradox form. However, I don't see any reason to think it's the types you mention here and "I heard rumors" is not evidence for that. Do we see it in the leak? Do we have pictures? Otherwise, I'm going to take what I see from official media lol.

Magnemite and Magneton are interchangeable here, depending on if we think they are meant to be interpreted together or not. Could also be a Wiglett sort of deal and be its own thing. It's all essentially the same thing in my eyes. This distinction doesn't actually change anything about if it's a Pokemon or not.

We're not talking about her partner Pokemon. Trainers can have multiple Pokemon, assuming these are meant to be hers.
Riddler Khu has stated that Paradox Magneton may have heated screws instead of magnets.

The types have also been leaked for Paradox Pokemon and it leads to Magneton keeping the electric typing but gaining rock or fire since by process of elimination those are the remaining types to be filled.

Paradox Pokemon are stated to be late game and powerful Pokemon. Pokemon that would not be commonly found on someone's head.

Keep in mind this is Pokemon. This world has AI and robots in it. Its not too out there that she designed two drones connected to her chat or stream emotions after Pokemon she likes and thematically goes with.

I get that these are moving, talking and reacting Magnemite, but they aren't alive or sentient. They're just robots unlike the living metallic organism that is Magnemite.

Autobot N

1. Basically everything rumored by Khu and Kaka has turned out to be legit, including Iono herself. I think we can safely assume it's one of the types they mentioned.

2. Paradox Pokemon come from alternate pasts or futures. Explain how this Gym Leader has a Magneton from a past that never happened and no one is questioning it.

3. If Pokemon reveals Paradoxes before launch, it's going to be it's own reveal and not as an unexplained hairclip belonging to a Gym Leader

There is no leak for a "RFake" Magneton

Riddler Khu has stated that Paradox Magneton may have heated screws instead of magnets.
"May?" Sounds like they also "may" not then, lol.
The types have also been leaked for Paradox Pokemon and it leads to Magneton keeping the electric typing but gaining rock or fire since by process of elimination those are the remaining types to be filled.
What does this mean? Are we making an assumption that each type is being used? Why?
Or is there a source for a leak that specifically says these are the types (and if it's not listed here, I assume it's a separate leak, so why should we trust it)? And why would this mean the Pokemon we see in the trailer can't be one of these type combinations?
Paradox Pokemon are stated to be late game and powerful Pokemon. Pokemon that would not be commonly found on someone's head.
Pokemon in general aren't commonly found on people's heads. And this Pokemon is only on one specific person's head. She also called them "fancy", which completely lines up with it being very intentionally abnormal.
Keep in mind this is Pokemon. This world has AI and robots in it. Its not too out there that she designed two drones connected to her chat or stream emotions after Pokemon she likes and thematically goes with.
It's far far more out there then just calling what looks, sounds, and acts like a Pokemon a Pokemon, though. Occam's Razor, again. Also, I'm not personally aware of anything in the main series games that does AI or robots that is either not explained by a Pokemon or not very very clearly robotic by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.