• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Two different Pokemon

That is the Evolution of the two stage Steel/Poison typed Engine Pokemon line. Apparently Team Star modifies that line to use for their vehicles, it will look different as an actual catchable Pokemon.

What we have just seen today is the prevo or default form of a Pokemon line where you have to collect a bunch of these Pokemon like Zygarde Cells or Spiritomb Wisps to evolve it into a large golden humanoid statue that is apparently Ghost/Steel.

UPDATE: Coding in GO hints that this is the 2nd form of this Pokemon, so it will have a form difference of some kind too before evolving,
do you think it'll be form changes like, search-mode and then battle-mode?

Sponge

So it's at 39 now, my assumption is that something will happen when it hits 100, or another special number. How fast has it been moving?

People have been looking at the code on the website so we already know when each update will come. The next one will come in just under:

three hours from now

The max number is actually 999. I'm guessing the next time it updates after that either the Pokemon itself will appear or it'll link to a trailer.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
According to the people who looked at the website data we should get the reveal at 2pm CET tomorrow.

Until then it seems it's set to jump up by a set number every 4 hours or so approximately.
Seems they also found that the fourth stage is a video file. So definitely a reveal trailer.

Sponge

Seems they also found that the fourth stage is a video file. So definitely a reveal trailer.

Is the video file encrypted? Or is it just a link to a video that hasn't been made public yet? (or does it just reference the video in the code maybe)

I'm guessing it would have to be something like that or it would have been shared everywhere by now.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny

ShadowForce720

They r
Because they didn’t say how long till the box is opened nor at which count down .
It’s the same thing
That’s not really the same thing. Because with the 24hr live stream they didn’t specifically clarify when it was going on that there wasn’t going to be something new throughout the live stream.

So you had people staying for the whole 24hr live stream expecting to see new stuff throughout the stream not realizing that they didn’t have to stick around for the stream.

However in the case with the chest it’s pretty obvious that you don’t need to be constantly watching it worried that you will miss something if you look away.

So no it’s not the same situation.

kemal07

Is is no doubt about the coin carrier. I do wonder if we start seeing coins filling up in the chest as a build up towards it's evolved form I.e. gold statue. But I doubt we would be seeing both.

I personally feel like it would be an official reveal of the coin carrier itself.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
And it's clear that they're only doing this for another Pokemon GO promotional event.

I'm one of maybe two in my PoGo-Community that seems to play the MSG and follows the release of SV-closely. None of the people were really all that excited about the Dratini Community Day aside for the stardust and were literally just confused about Golden PokeStops as the 'coins' drop at a rate at about 1/10.. and nobody is going to spin a 1000 pokestops when it's dinnertime. xD

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Is that Central Eastern Time or Central European Time?
European time, which means 10pm japan time

I find it weird that in japan they usually break new trailers and such at night, since the main audience for the game is supposed to be young children. But then again, the buzz on social media is probably generated by the older audience, that might be the reason the usually do this at this time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
European time, which means 10pm japan time

I find it weird that in japan they usually break new trailers and such at night, since the main audience for the game is supposed to be young children. But then again, the buzz on social media is probably generated by the older audience, that might be the reason the usually do this at this time.
In Asia, kids often stay up until 10 PM.

Sponge

I was just thinking about this new reveal, I'm wondering if maybe the Pokemon is actually the black "sash" around the chest and not the chest itself. With the silver coin being its face.

Sort of like a Dhelmise situation.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It still feel so surreal for me that in less than 2 weeks we will get all the new Pokemon+Trainer Teams etc.

Do you think SV is the most unexpected New Gen reveal ever? Or we had the same with Alola?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I think it had the most boring and bare and not existing reveals
The lack of leaks and datamines are really getting to us that's for sure.
It actually says something when you think about it, how hungry we are for more stuff to be revealed be it officially or not. I used to HATE datamines and avoided them like the plague back in gen 6 and up. Now as long as it's just the pokemon that are leaked for me I literally don't care. Since technically if the story isn't exposed it's still going in blind.

Like, seriously I just want the starter evos. I understand Gamefreak keeping a tight lip on their game now but still it's painful waiting. ;;;.;;;

Orphalesion

The lack of leaks and datamines are really getting to us that's for sure.
It actually says something when you think about it, how hungry we are for more stuff to be revealed be it officially or not. I used to HATE datamines and avoided them like the plague back in gen 6 and up. Now as long as it's just the pokemon that are leaked for me I literally don't care. Since technically if the story isn't exposed it's still going in blind.

Like, seriously I just want the starter evos. I understand Gamefreak keeping a tight lip on their game now but still it's painful waiting. ;;;.;;;

I just don't understand it with the starter Pokemon evolutions. In Gen 1 they were literally both on the box art (two of them anyway) and in the instruction manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.