• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Khu hints at:
- Eternal Floette possibly being obtainable this gen
- another GO-integrated Pokemon like Gimmighoul
- new Vivillon pattern
- new hat Pikachu

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Khu hints at:
- new Vivillon pattern
- new hat Pikachu
- Three generations late but Eternal Flower is finally a possibility. I must have.
- Catching Meltan for an hour is already tedious. We don’t need more like it.
- More Vivillon! One of the hardest to get all forms for. I’ll have to figure out how to keep the collection complete.
- Pikachu loves hats.

Sponge

Am I the only who loves Flamigo? Maybe it's because I'm from Florida, but I'm glad we finally got a proper Flamingo pokemon even though some would say it's a bit basic.

Personally it feels kind of early to give judgement on it, the icon really doesn't give much of an impression.

I feel like it's a design that may make more sense when we see it in full and animated.

If it really does have an "inflatable flamingo" vibe that's probably something we won't get until we see it animated.

Copley Hill Gym

One of the leaked screens of Miraidon is in spanish, and reads "esta tan debil que no puede ni levantarse" underneath, which translates directly to: "He is so weak that he can't even get up". Interesting, so the legendary starts the game on the beach, weakened and helpless...

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Added together with the blacked out area of the map looking like southern Kalos, I smell something Kalosian. Christmas might have come early for @janejane6178

Orphalesion

Khu hints at:
- new Vivillon pattern
- new hat Pikachu
Not a fan of those ideas.
Eternal Flotte isn't really my interest because it can't evolve into Eternal Flores, and that's just silly.
Never cared for Vivillon patterns and even less for hat Pikachus

And the worst part is that there might be another Go-linked Pokemon
I just want to play the game to get the Pokemon, not that crappy mobile app :-/

Sponge

I wonder if they're going to try to draw some kind of connection between Eternal Floette and Paradox Pokemon.

Or maybe it'll just be an event pokemon with no explanation...

Orphalesion

I agree about the pikachu hat and the crappy app part

Hey, if Eternal Floette means there will be an expansion were we go to Southern Kalos/Southern France I'm all for it.
Southern France is, in my opinion, possibly the most beautiful place in Europe (google places like Avignon, Arles, Carcassone, Aix-en-Provence and the Rhone Delta. It was a crime that GF left that region out when they made Kalos.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Good morning y'all, hope you are prepared for another day of constant wait for smart leakers

There's also the trailer that may or may not finally show paradox pokémon.
Does somebody know if I should take daylight savings into account for this one? Like the trailer will drop one hour and a half from now or two hours and a half?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This day has been frustrating. We had an actual leaker yesterday finally giving us what we wanted, and they disappeared. All we've had was constant leaks of the same cutscene with nobody else stepping forward.

'Nobody is stepping forward'? Nobody has to. Some people need a reality check. Nintendo will hunt and sue. I wouldn't leak anything if I somehow had the game early.. :p

I don't want leaks. Those are not the endgoal. I want to play the game.

- Three generations late but Eternal Flower is finally a possibility. I must have.
- Catching Meltan for an hour is already tedious. We don’t need more like it.
- More Vivillon! One of the hardest to get all forms for. I’ll have to figure out how to keep the collection complete.
- Pikachu loves hats.

1 hour of Meltan catching is tedious to you? Dunno, I thought training in Gen1 (Rhyhorn and Dratini in particular and Magikarp got dumped in the Daycare) and Gen2 was especially tedious with the levelcurve, but I still did it..

You can hypothetically catch 1 Meltan and drop 394 RareCandies on it.

In any case I hope that we don't need the '????'-coins for Gimmighoul's evolution.. as the Gold PokeStops are now a lot rarer and the drop isn't guaranteed.

Last edited:
Not a fan of those ideas.
Eternal Flotte isn't really my interest because it can't evolve into Eternal Flores, and that's just silly.
Never cared for Vivillon patterns and even less for hat Pikachus

And the worst part is that there might be another Go-linked Pokemon
I just want to play the game to get the Pokemon, not that crappy mobile app :-/
Eternal Floette is the only one I'm interested in as I've always been a fan of the design and its role in the XY story. I don't mind that it can't evolve as its BST is just 1 point lower than Florges' and it plays pretty differently. And I don't really care for Florges' design.
I quite liked Vivillon's geolocation gimmick as I found them pretty fun to hunt down(still think I'm missing like 3 patterns or so), but I feel like that gimmick was completed. I'm not particularly interested in more event patterns or tying another gimmick to Vivillon's patterns.
Hat Pickachu I never liked and the less "forced" cross-play with GO the better in my opinion.

Last edited:

Copley Hill Gym

Hey, if Eternal Floette means there will be an expansion were we go to Southern Kalos/Southern France I'm all for it.
Southern France is, in my opinion, possibly the most beautiful place in Europe (google places like Avignon, Arles, Carcassone, Aix-en-Provence and the Rhone Delta. It was a crime that GF left that region out when they made Kalos.

Totally agree, it was a bizarre design decision on GF's part to leave off about half of France, but in fairness GF has never really had an aim of "recreate the whole country" in any of the games, Galar probably coming closest to being the thing its based on (just love the yellow fronted trains and railway stations).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Khu hints at:
- new Vivillon pattern
- new hat Pikachu
The last one officially confirms that Z-Moves are coming back.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm also not expecting any references to Kalos unless they bring Mega Evolution back, which is unlikely.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I'm surely not touching pokémon go no matter what matter of connectivity they make with the main game, but I recognize that GO is a lot better than it was some years ago. I have friends and mutuals that absolutely love that app. Unfortunately it just doesn't click with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.