• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPie

Fruity & Delicious
Not a fan of those ideas.
Eternal Flotte isn't really my interest because it can't evolve into Eternal Flores, and that's just silly.
Never cared for Vivillon patterns and even less for hat Pikachus

And the worst part is that there might be another Go-linked Pokemon
I just want to play the game to get the Pokemon, not that crappy mobile app :-/
I fully understand pikachu hats and Go related content. Floette is meh. I only care about it because we were supposed to have something and GameFreak denied us. Therefore I want it. Kinda like why people still latch onto Gen 2 beta designs.

But Vivillon… Vivillon is epic! The more forms the better. Fun to collect, cool designs, even fun competitively with some decent moves and abilities.
Personally I’d like a skull and cross bones black and white Vivillon pattern. Spain has some big pirate history, so it’s possible!

Orphalesion

Totally agree, it was a bizarre design decision on GF's part to leave off about half of France, but in fairness GF has never really had an aim of "recreate the whole country" in any of the games, Galar probably coming closest to being the thing its based on (just love the yellow fronted trains and railway stations).

The reason I'm miffed about Southern France being left off is because it's one of my favourite places in the world. I have many friends there, I go there and visit them as often as I can. I love the landscape, the architecture, the food, the culture (which is *very* different from Northern France and Paris), Avignon is basically my second home by now.
And altogether there is just so much beautiful and awesome stuff there that I just would love it being reflected in Pokemon. As far as I'm concerned they could make a whole region out of it (it's still large enough, imo), with Corsica as an expansion region.
And well, since it's so beautiful there it was doubly weird that they left it out, since the "theme" of Kalos was beauty.
Also if we ever visit "Southern Kalos" they have to either introduce an additonal Flabebe/Floette/Florges form with purple flowers, or introduce a new Lavender-themed Pokemon (maybe grass/fairy? Could see a regional Aromatisse with that typing and instead of feathers it has lavender blossoms) and maybe a regional form of Ninjask (since it's the cicada Pokemon)

Last edited:

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I wonder if Paldea will be an empty open world like the wild areas and LOA areas
I don't think so, the wild area was highly experimental and LOA was supposed to be like that due to ambience reasons

With SV we will have sidequests, trainer battles, races, picnic spots, team star settlements, more cities, etc. I can't be sure it'll be satisfying but it'll have a better feeling than the other open areas in previous games.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There is only four PokeStops in my area. I am not driving over an hour just to try and find a gold one for a Pokémon form especially since my phone eats up data rates rather quickly and then I can’t make any phone calls for an entire month.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm surely not touching pokémon go no matter what matter of connectivity they make with the main game, but I recognize that GO is a lot better than it was some years ago. I have friends and mutuals that absolutely love that app. Unfortunately it just doesn't click with me.

Yeah, walking outside in the fresh air, getting to know new locations by informative pins on a map is like.. the worst..

I'm not going to spend money on their shams though.. Shiny Noibat behind eggs. 1/68 chance of hatching a shiny Noibat and at best an 1/5 chance at normal Noibat.. soo.. yeah 1/340 "increased" odds.. >.>

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Shiny Deoxys is still only available in Go raids. I want one...

Orphalesion

Yeah, walking outside in the fresh air, getting to know new locations by informative pins on a map is like.. the worst..
:rolleyes: Yes, if somebody doesn't want to play a very repetitive mobile app it must automatically mean that they are sun-shy basement dwellers, uh?
It couldn't possibly mean that they just don't enjoy PoGo, nah! That would be silly!

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
:rolleyes: Yes, if somebody doesn't want to play a very repetitive mobile app it must automatically mean that they are sun-shy basement dwellers, uh?
It couldn't possibly mean that they just don't enjoy PoGo, nah! That would be silly!
I have ADHD so it's actually kinda soothing for me to do the old school grinding of leveling up my characters. I have a low end phone that barely runs Pokemon Home, so I will have to wait until I upgrade to play Go again.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have ADHD so it's actually kinda soothing for me to do the old school grinding of leveling up my characters. I have a low end phone that barely runs Pokemon Home, so I will have to wait until I upgrade to play Go again.
I haven’t been able to play Go for the past ten months because it needs to be updated with the latest version but it won’t update no matter how many times I try. After a month of failing, I just gave up.

Sarefan

Hylden General.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The reason I'm miffed about Southern France being left off is because it's one of my favourite places in the world. I have many friends there, I go there and visit them as often as I can. I love the landscape, the architecture, the food, the culture (which is *very* different from Northern France and Paris), Avignon is basically my second home by now.
And altogether there is just so much beautiful and awesome stuff there that I just would love it being reflected in Pokemon. As far as I'm concerned they could make a whole region out of it (it's still large enough, imo), with Corsica as an expansion region.
And well, since it's so beautiful there it was doubly weird that they left it out, since the "theme" of Kalos was beauty.
Also if we ever visit "Southern Kalos" they have to either introduce an additonal Flabebe/Floette/Florges form with purple flowers, or introduce a new Lavender-themed Pokemon (maybe grass/fairy? Could see a regional Aromatisse with that typing and instead of feathers it has lavender blossoms) and maybe a regional form of Ninjask (since it's the cicada Pokemon)
I can relate to this. the portion of England where I live was left out of the Galar Region entirely. There's a bit of the map vaguely shaped like it but you can't go there because it's east of Postwick and Wedgehurst and above the Crown Tundra.
Going to Kalos in Scarlet and Violet's post game or Expansion Pass would be great, but I can't see it happening, even if it's just a previously unseen portion of Kalos. I'll be amazed if we see the Kalos region again any earlier than the X and Y remakes.

Orphalesion

Just to be clear, I was defending who don't want to play Go for whatever reason. Personally I just found it Ost it's appeal after the novelty wore off.

The person ai replied to was (if I understood correctly) that people who dislike Pogo do so because you have to go outside to play it and I made a sarcastic reply indicating that there's a bunch of reason not to like it, including my opinion that it's just a boring game/app.

Status
Not open for further replies.