• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So many of the new Pokemon this gen are so derpy looking… too many of them imo

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

treatyofversigh

I'm so conflicted... I really like mecha Volcarona and mecha Tyrannitar, and I love Miraidon, but the rest are kind of a miss for me (though I do think "Pokémon but make them robots" is a fun idea). I prefer Scarlet's paradoxes, mostly. I hope the rest of the version exclusives are leaked soon so I can hopefully feel a little better about wanting to play Violet.

Copley Hill Gym

I think there's something for everyone with that selection of Paradox Pokémon, for both games. I think GF are onto a winner this gen, I did think it might be unimaginative for new Pokémon based on existing ones but what they've actually done is produce some stellar takes on each to a specific theme.

Like, I could have cared less about the Ultra Beasts, to be honest. These though hark back to several different eras within Pokemon, from different generations and do something new with them. Absolutely love them. Well done GF.

And, for the record, I love the Feral Jigglypuff. Monstrous idea executed beautifully. Not too far from the original but enough away to look iconic in its own right.

Now I understand that Magneton actually walks on legs, it makes a huge amount more sense and I like it a lot more.

This is frankly going to be a stellar game. Even my doubts about the lack of the QoL improvements from PLA have faded away. I am psyched for a main series game again. So happy!

Copley Hill Gym

I definitely prefer Scarlet although someone's going to have to explain the Magneton to me and why it's got one magnet all ****ed up lol.

It's quadrupedal. It walks on the lower magnets, the still image is literally of it walking. Which is a mad concept given we're so used to it floating...!!!

janejane6178

I dont really care about gimmicks that only include gen 1-5 Pokemon so I am ok with choosing Violet cuz of the color

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Still don't know what version I'll pick though. Since the Paradox forms are not really usable before postgame. It all depends on the other version exclusives.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Personally, I'm going to give the Paradox forms to Scarlet. Future Forms have some great ones like Gallade/Gardevoir, but I feel the aesthetic kind of blends together more with them and a couple of them really feel too similar to their original counterpart, to the point that it took a minute for me to see what was different between them. I feel they could've done more than they did with this aesthetic. Past Forms I feel the idea and theme is more realized with them. There's a general primal feel to most of them, but they way they exhibit it stands out more to me and lend to more memorable designs.

Granted, all of this is being said without animations as I feel some of these will benefit from proper movement, but going off of the snapshots we're given this is pretty much how I feel about them.

Olright

Yep, violet just won me over

When I first saw future donphan I thought that if all other future paradoxes will look robot-like it will be kinda lame, now I see I was wrong

Quite surprised how much I like robo-hariyama, cause I never really was into it's original form. May be my most favorite paradox form

And mecha donphan should be, like, super-easy to catch, becuase it will never be able to see pokeball coming because of this huge trunk in front of it's eyes

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Both the worm and the pepper look okay, but nothing I would use so far.
Amazed how we have all the paradox forms and those two new pokemon and STILL no proper picture of Quaquaval! I want to see the duck!

On topic of the paradox pokemon: Scarlet definitely has the better selection. Lots of cool designs (Scream Tail being my favourite!) BUT! Violet has Iron Valient and it's so damn good even if I don't like most of the others! I'm a sucker for anything to do with Gardevoir. In any case, I'm getting both regardless, so it doesn't matter much in the end.

ChavaWM

Wait, Magneton from the past had legs? How? Lol Where did these human made magnets come from, in the past? Interested in how they lost those legs

ChavaWM

Omg ppl in the past didn't have Kalos Pokemon and Kalos pokemon r going to be annihilated :(
I'm not huge on Kalos because I feel like it got skipped over so quick that I didn't give myself time to really get attached. But recently I've noticed there are some amazing designs. Best fossil Pokémon of all time. I wish Heliolisk evolved 1 more time. Dragalge is royalty.

janejane6178

I'm not huge on Kalos because I feel like it got skipped over so quick that I didn't give myself time to really get attached. But recently I've noticed there are some amazing designs. Best fossil Pokémon of all time. I wish Heliolisk evolved 1 more time. Dragalge is royalty.
At least someone likes them .. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.