• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Floragata's Dex information

1ndyx47l8zy91.jpg

Put this thing next to Thwackey, Quilladin or Dartrix. My god, this is the best middle stage Grass-starter since Grovyle.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Judging from the starters' designs, stats, and HAs, I think I'm going to use Meowscarada and Skeledirge the most.
Meowscarada has joined Rillaboom, Decidueye, Venusaur, and Serperior as my favourite Grass starters. I'm a bit surprised it's a physical attacker, as I was sure it would be a special attacker. Protean is a boon. Can't wait to see how it moves and operates in battle.
Skeledirge is growing on me, and I love its stats and HA. It's one of the bulkiest starters we've ever had, and still hits hard. I think a lot of people are underrating Unaware. It's the perfect ability to counter someone setting up, or for a wallbreaker. We've never had Unaware on a Pokémon with such good stats before. I predict it'll get Perish Song.

Stats are where?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Yet another Fuecoco player, just want somebody to show us the full Quaquaval picture. The fire croc is too appealing for the early folks, I guess .
I was about to say the same thing, I know Fuecoco is the breakout fan favourite, but I wish people would shake things up a bit. The Charcadet leaker is going to end up with three Fire-types if they stick with that team.

Orphalesion

Eh, it seems like every generations there's heaps of people who just pick the fire starter, because it's fire typed, so I'm not surprised.
Though Fuecoco is very cute, so that probably plays a part too.

Niormon

I know in my case I was orginally gonna go Fuecoco if Armorouge was gonna be a late pokemon but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore so I'm gonna go for the duck.

kemal07

It is interesting that Centro hasn't posted the 'leaked' tumbleweed or the ice dragon Pokemon. I'm assuming that this means that both were fake?
I would be extremely happy if that is the case.

Nave

I'm pissed that Contrary, Defiant, and Competitive have been nerfed into oblivion. They were doing such a good job of nerfing Intimidate, without nerfing the ability itself, by providing counters. Now there's no reason to use Lurantis, Serperior, or Malamar.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Supposedly they now only work once.
I don't know if it has been clarified if the "once" effect is "per battle", or "per switch in", though. If it refreshes once the pokemon switches out, it's not such a big nerf, particularly considering the competitive meta have both players switching in and out non-stop.

Nave

Supposedly they now only work once.
I don't know if it has been clarified if the "once" effect is "per battle", or "per switch in", though. If it refreshes once the pokemon switches out, it's not such a big nerf, particularly considering the competitive meta have both players switching in and out non-stop.
Yeah I think it's per switch in. Once per battle is just stupid. I guess they want to prevent it from snowballing, but it's pretty fun when that happens.

Orphalesion

It is interesting that Centro hasn't posted the 'leaked' tumbleweed or the ice dragon Pokemon. I'm assuming that this means that both were fake?
I would be extremely happy if that is the case.
Awww the tumbleweed is fake? I really liked that one!

Not sad about the dragon, though.

Copley Hill Gym

So by my calcs, Skeledirge if he gets a decent recovery of some form could be quite a bulky Fire/Ghost type. That HP/Sp.attack set of stats is pretty good, overall he will take hits better than the other two where his defences are concerned, that's for certain. 100/75 for defence and sp.defence?

It's if Feraligtr was a special attacker, actually, with more HP and slightly less speed.

I really like that spread of stats - 104/75/100/110/75/66 (total 530). He's faster than Swampert, Empoleon, Emboar (by one point!), Chesnaught (by two points), Incineroar and Primarina (by six points), but with the overall bulk that makes him a bit more hard to hit than all of these. My worry is that special defence matched with the high HP still isn't enough to not OHKO him from ghost or water special attackers, but at least he only has double weaknesses and nothing quadrupled like Charizard's rock weakness or Swampert's grass weakness.

I think he's likely to have a niche once we see his movesets. I don't think he's intended for outpacing anything but being faster than the above starters does give him something of an edge, for sure.

Nave

So by my calcs, Skeledirge if he gets a decent recovery of some form could be quite a bulky Fire/Ghost type. That HP/Sp.attack set of stats is pretty good, overall he will take hits better than the other two where his defences are concerned, that's for certain. 100/75 for defence and sp.defence?

It's if Feraligtr was a special attacker, actually, with more HP and slightly less speed.

I really like that spread of stats - 104/75/100/110/75/66 (total 530). He's faster than Swampert, Empoleon, Emboar (by one point!), Chesnaught (by two points), Incineroar and Primarina (by six points), but with the overall bulk that makes him a bit more hard to hit than all of these. My worry is that special defence matched with the high HP still isn't enough to not OHKO him from ghost or water special attackers, but at least he only has double weaknesses and nothing quadrupled like Charizard's rock weakness or Swampert's grass weakness.

I think he's likely to have a niche once we see his movesets. I don't think he's intended for outpacing anything but being faster than the above starters does give him something of an edge, for sure.
I really like the idea of using it in a Trick Room team with Ursaluna switching into opposing Ghost moves.
I also like the idea of using Shed Tail with Cyclizar to set up Substitute for Skeledirge... Skeledirge behind a sub could be scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.