• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
people counting or not counting the paradox pokemon, convergent pokemon, new evolutions or regional forms as new Pokemon or not.
Oh, I see, well, honestly, I think it's weird people aren't including the convergent Pokemon since they're clearly new Pokemon...same with the new evolutions.

BCVM22

The number of new Pokémon is a palette and people use it to paint whatever picture they want. If they like the Pokémon, they count all the forms and everything in that number, and if they don't like the Pokémon, then of course the additional forms are the sole reason they didn't get the Pokémon they wanted. It's all subjective and it's often quite silly.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Can someone point me to a compilation of all the datamined stuff? I went out and only came back just now. I couldn't find it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wait, but Scovillain's base speed is 75 & Regieleki's is 200? Even with Chlorophyll how does it outspeed?
Boosts like Chlorophyll and stat boosts from moves apply to the visible stat (which includes EVs & IVs), not just to the base stat. This means it's more effective than just doubling the Pokemon's base stat. Huge Power Azumarill, for instance, only has 50 base Attack, but has an effective Attack stat just shy of what a base 150 Pokemon with a neutral nature and max IVs/EVs would have.

A positive-natured base 75 with max EVs/IVs would have 546 Speed when boosted by Chlorophyll. This is actually just shy of Regieleki's maximum base Speed (548 with a positive nature and max EVs/IVs), however Regieleki is so stupidly fast that it rarely runs a full Speed investment, so the most common sets would be outsped by a max speed Scovillain.

EDIT:

The other user is correct though; in level 50 formats like BSS, Chlorophyll Scovillain does just barely eke out Regieleki. This dynamic is flipped at level 100.

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
You can't transfer A. Rattata and A. Geodude from Gen 7 to Let's Go. The only way to transfer Pokemon is through Go Park.
A. Geodude and A. Grimer are the only Alolan lines not in SwSh. I have three shiny A. Geodude sitting in my Home account that I can't evolve because they came through the Home GTS and there is currently no game I can move them into in order to evolve them.

scififan21

A. Geodude and A. Grimer are the only Alolan lines not in SwSh. I have three shiny A. Geodude sitting in my Home account that I can't evolve because they came through the Home GTS and there is currently no game I can move them into in order to evolve them.
Same with my Alolan Grimer. Breeding for a living Dex sounds like a pain this Gen. ☹️ Have somehow avoided most pictures except for jerks with spoiler thumbnails on YT. Maybe I should avoid it entirely.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
To evolve Annihilape, faint Primeape then revive it in the same battle.
That's not as hard as I thought it would be from Khu's comment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm keeping my sixth slot open for now, but I think my Scarlet team's going to be
  • Quaquaval/Skeledirge
  • Tinkaton
  • Annihilape
  • Armarouge
  • Baxcalibur
  • ----

Contenders for the sixth slot:
  • Rockabilly
  • Baxcalibur
  • Grafaiai
  • Revaroom
  • Mabostiff