• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPie

Fruity & Delicious
Do we know if theres a way not to trigger it?
I doubt it. Firstly I'm predicting it will be one of those special abilities where Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Entrainment etc will fail on it. (like Schooling, Stance Change, Shields Down, Comatose, Ice Face, Gulp Missile, etc).

Secondly, we're not sure yet when it activates? Even IF you can change the ability, the ability returns to the original ability when you switch it out. So it would probably still activate?? I'm guessing it triggers and changes form when it re-enters battle, and the ability would have returned at this stage.

Litleonid

So I saw our Gym Leaders.
-Brassius as we know is a Grass type user and a sculptor.
-Grusha as we know is the Ice type user and he is a snowboarder.
-Iono as we know is an Electric type user and she is an internet streamer known for her show "The Iono Zone"
-Katy is a Bug type user and it appears she is a baker. I believe she owns a bakery?
-Kofu is the Water type Gym Leader, though I don't know what his profession is.
-Larry...LARRY. The most random ass dude who is just a guy. He is a Normal type user and he seems to be a business executive or something? He ends up being an Elite 4 member later.
-Ryme is the Ghost type Gym Leader and she is known to be a rapper. She also uses double battles.
-Tulip is the only one we didn't have leaked, but she is a Psychic type userand she's a model.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
-Iono as we know is an Electric type user and she is an internet streamer known for her show "The Iono Zone"
-Katy is a Bug type user and it appears she is a baker. I believe she owns a bakery?
-Larry...LARRY. The most random ass dude who is just a guy. He is a Normal type user and he seems to be a business executive or something? He ends up being an Elite 4 member later.
-Ryme is the Ghost type Gym Leader and she is known to be a rapper. She also uses double battles.
-Tulip is the only one we didn't have leaked, but she is a Psychic type userand she's a model.
I assume Kofu is a fisherman based on the attire.

Correction regarding Annihilape's evolution method...
You need to faint it, revive it AND level it up on the same battle. Fixed the post above.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The game isn't even out yet and Larry is already the funniest character in the franchise

Nave

It's kind of funny hearing people complain about the designs this gen. Some are saying they're too simple, and some are saying they're too alien and complex; which is it?

Don't get me wrong, Hero Palafin is a monstrosity... but I can't wait to use it to piss off others.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Here's a compilation of some Teams people posted on 4c:
Gym Leaders:

Katy (Bug):
LV 14 Nymble
LV 14 Tarountula
LV 15 Teddiursa (Bug)

Brassius (Grass):
LV 16 Petilil
LV 16 Smoliv
LV 17 Sudowoodo (Grass)

Iono (Electric):
LV 23 Wattrel
LV 23 Bellibolt
LV 23 Luxio
LV 24 Mismagius (Electric)

Kofu (Water):
LV 29 Veluza
LV 29 Wugtrio
LV 30 Crabominable (Water)

Larry (Normal):
Lv35 Komala
Lv35 Dundunsparce
Lv36 Staraptor (Normal)

Ryme (Ghost, Double Battle):
Lv41 Mimikyu
Lv41 Banette
Lv41 Houndstone
Lv42 Toxtricity (Ghost)

Tulip (Psychic):
Lv44 Farigiraf
Lv44 Espathra
Lv44 Gardevoir
Lv45 Florges (Psychic)

Grusha (Ice):
Lv47 Frosmoth
Lv47 Beartic
Lv47 Cetitan
Lv48 Altaria (Ice)

Elite Four:

Rika (Ground):
LV 57 Whiscash
LV 57 Donphan
LV 57 Camerupt
LV 57 Dugtrio
LV 58 Clodsire (Ground)

Poppy (Steel):
LV 58 Copperajah
LV 58 Bronzong
LV 58 Corviknight
LV 58 Magnezone
LV 59 Tinkaton (Steel)

Larry (Flying this time):
LV 59 Tropius
LV 59 Staraptor
LV 59 Oricorio Pom Pom
LV 59 Altaria
LV 60 Flamigo (Flying)

Hassel (Dragon):
LV 60 Noivern
LV 60 Haxorus
LV 60 Dragalge
LV 60 Flapple (possibly Appletun in Violet)
LV 61 Baxcalibur (Dragon)

Top Champion Geeta:
LV 61 Espathra
LV 61 Kingambit
LV 61 Veluza
LV 61 Gogoat
LV 61 Avalugg
LV 62 Glimmora (Rock)

Champion Nemona:
LV 65 Midday Lycanroc
LV 65 Pawmot
LV 65 Goodra
LV 65 Orthworm
LV 65 Dudunsparce 3-Segment
LV 66 Partner Weak to Yours (Their Type Tera)

Team Star Admins

Giacomo (Dark):
LV 21 Pawniard
LV 20 Revavroom Starmobile

Mela (Fire):
LV 27 Torkoal
LV 26 Revavroom Starmobile

Atticus (Poison):
LV 32 Skuntank
LV 32 Muk
LV 33 Revavroom (yes, he uses the regular one)
LV 32 Starmobile Revavroom

Ortega (Fairy):
LV 50 Azumarill
LV 50 Wigglytuff
LV 51 Dachsbun
LV 50 Starmobile Revavroom

Eri (Fighting):
LV 55 Toxicroak
LV 55 Passimian
LV 55 Lucario
LV 56 Annihilape
LV 56 Starmobile Revavroom

Clavell (Clive/fake Cassiopeia):
“Cassiopeia”
LV 60 Oranguru
LV 60 Gyarados
LV 60 Houndoom
LV 60 Abomasnow
LV 60 Polteageist
LV 61 Partner Pokémon stronger than yours (Their Type Tera)

Penny (real Cassiopeia, at end of Starfall Street):
LV 62 Umbreon
LV 62 Vaporeon
LV 62 Jolteon
LV 62 Flareon
LV 62 Leafeon
LV 63 Sylveon (Fairy)

Arven (at end of Path of Titans):
LV 58 Greedent
LV 59 Cloyster
LV 60 Scovillain
LV 61 Toedscruel
LV 62 Garganacl
LV 63 Mabosstiff (Dark)

There’s also postgame
AI Sada:
LV 66 Slither Wing
LV 66 Brute Bonnet
LV 66 Flutter Mane
LV 66 Scream Tail
LV 66 Sandy Shocks
LV 67 Roaring Moon

Paradise Protection Protocol:
~ LV 68 Koraidon (scripted fight where you must use your own Koraidon)

Reeetard kun only fought Iono before ending it.
Iono (Electric rematch):
LV 65 Kilowattrel
LV 65 Bellibolt
LV 65 Luxray
LV 65 Electrode
LV 66 Mismagius (Electric)

Presumably this means that E4, Champions, Team Star, and possibly Titans also have rematches.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Annihilape can never be used in a Nuzlocke, god rest it’s soul.

Yeah, was going to say this as well.. at least for 'pure' Nuzlockes.. I allow myself to use Revive's and Rare Candies that I find in the overworld as tokens.

But I tend to include no items in battle in the ruleset so I'm fooked either way..

Eviolite Primeape it is then.. xD

It's kind of funny hearing people complain about the designs this gen. Some are saying they're too simple, and some are saying they're too alien and complex; which is it?

Don't get me wrong, Hero Palafin is a monstrosity... but I can't wait to use it to piss off others.

Obviously there will be exceptions and opinions are subjective.

Smoliv3 is a very clean design, while Skeledirge in my eyes has too many things going on around the head (mostly the overabundance of details in several colors) and the lower body looks too square for my tastes. Meowscarada and Quaquaval are really good designs, even if some won't like them for their more humanoid features.

Can't imagine me using the Nacli-line much. The Minecraft-style just puts me off too much.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Another one with all Pokemon in the Pokedex and Abilities.
Poor Zamazenta, suffering for his sister's success once again.

Happy to see that HArcanine got Rock Head as that will give it a niche away from its original counterpart. Same with HSamurott since it can be more offensive with Sharpness, especially since it has some good options to abuse it already in its movepool.
It seems to be a trend that all the future paradoxes become primarily grey(or iron-colored I guess) for their shiny coloration. At least that's true for Miraidon, Delibird, Tyranitar and Hydreigon.
Which is unfortunate as while it works for some like Tyranitar (the real Mecha Godzilla), others would've preferred another color scheme like Hydreigon. At the very least some variation in how it was applied would've been helpful as it would've made them stand out better.

Nave

This is the Doubles team I'm thinking of using for Pokémon Showdown. Don't have access to my Switch cause my friend who I split it has it in Regina...

Skeledirge (Typing: Fire/Ghost; Ability: Unaware)
Cyclizar (Typing: Dragon/Normal; Ability: Regenerator)
Ursaluna (Typing: Ground/Normal; Ability: Unnerve)
H. Samurott (Typing: Water/Dark; Ability: Sharpness)
Glimmora (Typing: Rock/Poison; Ability: Toxic Debris)
Rabsca (Typing: Bug/Psychic; Ability: Telepathy)

This team is built around leading with Cyclizar and Rabsca. Cyclizar uses Shed Tail to bring in Skeledirge or another mon with Substitute. Rabsca presumably can use Trick Room. I'm hoping that Ursaluna can use Earthquake (which was unavailable in Legends: Arceus) and Glimmora can use Sludge Wave, which they can abuse next to Rabsca that has Telepathy. Samurott can set Spikes using Ceaseless Edge, which is boosted by Sharpness, and Glimmora can set Toxic Spikes with Toxic Debris. Skeledirge abuses Torch Song to boost it's Sp. Atk, and Perish Song to put pressure on opponents and force switches. Ursaluna's Unnerve makes it less likely they can heal with a berry.

Salamandit

I really hope wondertrade is done better this time.

I hope they block people that trade level 100 hacked pokemon in the game, and NOT the people that receive them.
I hope they let me change the names of the pokemon I receive, I HATE it when I get a pokemon with a japanese/chinese name that I needed, and then can't change that ugly name into the English one...

Please fix this in this game!!!

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Oh shoot, you're getting
the Donphan in storymode?
This makes my teambuilding actually more difficult than I though.

Acer11

This is the Doubles team I'm thinking of using for Pokémon Showdown. Don't have access to my Switch cause my friend who I split it has it in Regina...

Skeledirge (Typing: Fire/Ghost; Ability: Unaware)
Cyclizar (Typing: Dragon/Normal; Ability: Regenerator)
Ursaluna (Typing: Ground/Normal; Ability: Unnerve)
H. Samurott (Typing: Water/Dark; Ability: Sharpness)
Glimmora (Typing: Rock/Poison; Ability: Toxic Debris)
Rabsca (Typing: Bug/Psychic; Ability: Telepathy)

This team is built around leading with Cyclizar and Rabsca. Cyclizar uses Shed Tail to bring in Skeledirge or another mon with Substitute. Rabsca presumably can use Trick Room. I'm hoping that Ursaluna can use Earthquake (which was unavailable in Legends: Arceus) and Glimmora can use Sludge Wave, which they can abuse next to Rabsca that has Telepathy. Samurott can set Spikes using Ceaseless Edge, which is boosted by Sharpness, and Glimmora can set Toxic Spikes with Toxic Debris. Skeledirge abuses Torch Song to boost it's Sp. Atk, and Perish Song to put pressure on opponents and force switches. Ursaluna's Unnerve makes it less likely they can heal with a berry.
I think I'll try the sushi and catfish Pokemon together.

Acer11

Are there any moves (not removed) and abilities with updated power, effects, and other things I should know in these games that changed?

I pretty much still have no idea what the ruin quartet is about, but it's at least nice to get some clearer images of them. Neither their shared signature move(Ruination) nor their abilities (Vessel/Sword/Tablets/Beads of Ruin) provide any more lore so here's hoping we get their dex entries soon.
I quite like all of them actually, and currently based on these images the deer is my favorite.

On a different note, shiny Hero Finizen is orca-colored. I'm actually starting to somewhat warm up to it.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Come to think about it, Metagross and Kommo-o's absence as the only pseudos not in the game might be because they'll be in the DLC?

I can see them selling an Ancient Kommo-o and a Future Metagross as additions. They also fit those paradox themes.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Status
Not open for further replies.