• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I just calmed Noble Electrode last night. I have a week to finish PLA before SV!

Also the main page says preloading starts today. My payment hasn't been taken yet though. Anyone had their payment for the digital version taken yet?
Nope. I haven't seen the payment hit yet.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So apparently this whole Paradox Pokemon stuff isn't legitimate time travel, but something different? Wild stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I haven't read any story spoilers, so I don't know if someone talked about it yet, but I'm curious about the term paradox pokémon, is it official now? If not, how are they called in-game?

ebevan91

I haven't read any story spoilers, so I don't know if someone talked about it yet, but I'm curious about the term paradox pokémon, is it official now? If not, how are they called in-game?

Story spoilers is the one thing I've managed to avoid (intentionally) so far. I'm fine with seeing new Pokemon, gameplay features, moves, etc.

Xanhawk

An item pastebin should be up sometime tonight or tomorrow. Person who was doin all the pastebins I had been posting really needs sleep.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Do we have any info about possible pastebin anytime soon?

Copley Hill Gym

This will make catching a little less tedious:

There appears to be a small square of land to the east of the central town where you could potentially find Frigibax early doors. If so, I am heading there and looking for it right at the start of my journey, that's too good an opportunity to pass up having a pseudo on the team right near the start of the game!

Xanhawk

Does anyone know if they leaked the movesets for the final evo of starters?

Do we have any info about possible pastebin anytime soon?
Check my posts in this thread. I have been posting various pastebins as they come up.

The only things I don't think we have are the stats for Moves and Items.

I'll try to get all of the ones I posted into this posts as soon as I can, but I'm at work so there will be interrupts.

EDIT: Pokemon Egg Groups and Pokemon Stats/Ability/Level Moves/TMs/ Egg Moves and some hints on evolution (added the ability pastebins)

https://pastebin.com/ENYtUbNW Egg Groups
https://pastebin.com/6cYuSv92 (Bulba to Meloetta)
https://pastebin.com/wKuA8ZRj (Chespin to Annilape)
https://pastebin.com/FF8rV13X Ability Names
https://pastebin.com/Gvd3f4Dv Ability effects (use both in tandem with one another)
https://pastebin.com/nmzpbZQP Move names and effects combinded No other stats.

EDIT2: I need to say, someone is reporting the Pastebins as the part one for the Pokemon info was deleted and the owner doesn't know why it was. Keep a copy if you want the info.

EDIT3: I think I got all the ones still up that aren't doubling up on Pastebins that were updated for convenience.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Part 1 seems to be missing.

I was looking at the Paradoxes and there's some odd omissions here and there. They share the general moveset of their original counterparts, but cases like neither of the Volcaronas learning Quiver Dance or Future Hydreigon not getting Nasty Plot is strange considering those moves are very useful for the originals and would be for them.

In terms of starters, you can tell who was the favorite. Meowscarda got a great variety of moves, likely to abuse Protean with but still, while Skeledirge got few options by comparison. Quaquaval got a decent amount of options though, especially Baton Pass which will be nice for passing its easily accessible stat boosts around.

Finally, I find it funny the two defensive legendaries of the new Quartet didn't get Recover while the physical sweeper did.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Xanhawk

Part 1 seems to be missing.

I was looking at the Paradoxes and there's some odd omissions here and there. They share the general moveset of their original counterparts, but cases like neither of the Volcaronas learning Quiver Dance or Future Hydreigon not getting Nasty Plot is strange considering those moves are very useful for the originals and would be for them.

In terms of starters, you can tell who was the favorite. Meowscarda got a great variety of moves, likely to abuse Protean with but still, while Skeledirge got few options by comparison. Quaquaval got a decent amount of options though, especially Baton Pass which will be nice for passing its easily accessible stat boosts around.

Finally, I find it funny the two defensive legendaries of the new Quartet didn't get Recover while the physical sweeper did.
Yeah, someone seems to have reported it do it was deleted. A new copy is in the list I have above.

Wanna also mention, Protean got nerfed. It can be used once per switch in. So unless you are juggling the cat, they'll get locked into that one type until they are taken out.

What type is Trailblaze?

Still pissed off my boy Chesnaught can't learn neither Leaf Blade nor Solar Blade. Give the knight his sword, you nerf-thirst cowards

Looks like Grass.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Can any form of Gimmighoul Evolve or only the Chest form?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I don’t know if it is ok for me to get hyped and excited for SV? I don’t wanna get let down like I was with swsh cuz the main story and the region were so short and narrow:(
My feelings exactly.

It’s easy to get super excited here, where we are focusing solely on which Pokémon are new, and forget those Pokémon actually come in a game (and the game might not be anywhere as exciting). The critic reviews should be out in a couple days and if it is anything like the SwSh reception I will probably push back at least until I can buy a used copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.