• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
HOME move update

When you transfer a Pokémon from a previous gen to SV it forgets all moves and learns the moves that Pokémon would have at that level if it was found in the wild in Paldea.

Also a reminder that all generational transfers are one way only. Unless they do it differently this time, which we doubt, once you transfer a Pokémon to Scarlet/Violet it can't be transfered back to Gen 8.

Shiny Update

Paradox Pokemon and Legendary Quartet not shiny locked

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I know SwSh didn't have the capability to celebrate your birthday in game at launch. Any news about whether SV asks for your birthday?

From Centro

Game Freak has left a LOT of hints regarding the DLC in the game. It appears to be a large scale DLC, as the game already has support for multiple Pokédexes. There's also some leftover data that hints at Pokémon that will be returning in the DLC. More in the coming days.
Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this. There is a lot, especially, regarding Tera that is not explained in the base game.
It is great that the DLC will be large, but I don't like the idea of locking important story beats behind DLC. SwSh's DLC did a good job of making the DLC connected to the main story without you really missing out on any story beats if you didn't play it.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this. There is a lot, especially, regarding Tera that is not explained in the base game.
It is great that the DLC will be large, but I don't like the idea of locking important story beats behind DLC. SwSh's DLC did a good job of making the DLC connected to the main story without you really missing out on any story beats if you didn't play it.
Well, to be honest, there is just a different story for SV that is apparently quite good.

I feel like its taking the same beats of SWSH DLC, but much more connected.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just popping in because I saw something about Egg Moves. Do we know if traditional breeding is in the game or if Eggs are tied solely to the picnic feature?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Since you already played the game, I was curious on what your take on this would be because the idea I got from what people are saying is that, rather than SV having its own complete story that might be expanded in the DLC, it actually doesn't finish the main plot and that is seemingly left for the DLC.
Seems like the impression was right.

Sponge

Are there any clips of Glimmora in battle floating around?

It's a really interesting Pokemon but I'm having a hard time getting a proper idea of it, does anyone know what it's based on?

I wonder which bugs
And if they can fix graphic issues as well
Answering here as it is more appropriate.
Well to start with, there is a very obvious graphical bug with Koraidon disappearing pretty much any time you jump while climbing.
I also hope they fix camera angles, because they're pretty awful, sometimes you can't even see your own Pokémon, or your Pokémon blocks the entire screen.
The soundtrack is also supposedly not finished.

Last edited:

falconlord

Answering here as it is more appropriate.
Well to start with, there is a very obvious graphical bug with Koraidon disappearing pretty much any time you jump while climbing.
I also hope they fix camera angles, because they're pretty awful, sometimes you can't even see your own Pokémon, or your Pokémon blocks the entire scream.
The soundtrack is also supposedly not finished.

I'll put money on the Koraidon glitch being resolved, but the camera angles ignored.

Bad camera angles are, alas, a recurring problem in 3D games.

Since you already played the game, I was curious on what your take on this would be because the idea I got from what people are saying is that, rather than SV having its own complete story that might be expanded in the DLC, it actually doesn't finish the main plot and that is seemingly left for the DLC.
Seems like the impression was right.
To be honest, I haven't actually played the game, I just watched large parts of a stream where a streamer played the game to completion in one sitting(around 22 hours, god bless his soul). I don't care about story spoilers and I just wanted to see the new Pokémon as soon as possible. I plan to play Violet on release.
Anyway, to answer the question.
I think the story stands on its own legs, but there are certain parts of the end game, especially regarding how the time travel machine was made and how it works that made me want more.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
In terms of starters, you can tell who was the favorite. Meowscarda got a great variety of moves, likely to abuse Protean with but still, while Skeledirge got few options by comparison. Quaquaval got a decent amount of options though, especially Baton Pass which will be nice for passing its easily accessible stat boosts around.
I'm just happy Skeledirge got what I assume it needed most, good recovery in Slack off. Earth Power is nice too.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
There's a new move that I would find funny if Dudunsparce or Cetitan learned (But they understandably don't)
Shed Tail:
the user creates a substitute for itself using its own HP before switching places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
The substitue costs half of the user's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.