• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Was it laggy?
A bit, but it was fine for the majority of the time. At least from my POV.

And I’m just gonna assume the lag is due to the game being played as a rom and not the physical copy.

Tin-Tin-Alt

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but there are a lot of new sandstorm users:
Charizard, Hisuian Growlithe, Galarian Slowbro, Magnemite Line, Grimer Line, Dunsparce Line, Torkoal, Heatran, Tornadus, Hisuian Goodra, Klefki, Hisuian Avalugg, Hoopa, Cufant Line, Zamazenta, Kleavor, and probaly others.

Not having a battle tower or third legendary seems remarkably mean spirited, and yet we get a good dozen paradox forms and a legendary quartet (is this a first, having a quartet up front, if we exclude the swords of justice plus the fourth one?) so it's not as if we are under served, but a third legendary has been a staple of the games since R/S at least.

There also seems to be no mythical equivalent either (mew/celebi/jirachi/etc) so are we short changed again, or is it better to have the ones we have in the game?
We had a quartet in Gen VII with the Tapus.

I don't really mind there not being any mythical in the base game as unless there is one distributed at release they're often distributed a while later so if they're included in the DLC update like Zarude was that's fine by me. However I am skeptical about the lack of the third legendary in the base game.

Autobot N

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but there are a lot of new sandstorm users:
Charizard, Hisuian Growlithe, Galarian Slowbro, Magnemite Line, Grimer Line, Dunsparce Line, Torkoal, Heatran, Tornadus, Hisuian Goodra, Klefki, Hisuian Avalugg, Hoopa, Cufant Line, Zamazenta, Kleavor, and probaly others.
Some of those seem kind of weird, but then Talonflame gets Rain Dance for some reason

Acer11

My advice would be to not limit yourself to the 6 slots.
These EXP Share forced games are fully designed around the idea that you won't stick with the same 6 pokémon throughout the entire thing, but instead will use everything you like, so having a bigger team of rotating pokémon is pretty much a necessity if you don't want to get seriously overleveled (or having to constantly worry about micromanaging your team to avoid that). I kept a team of 6 in Sword and I had to micromanage so much that it ruined the immersion.

I fully intend to have a big team this time. My only problem is the fact you can't rematch the League, and it really doesn't sit well with me the idea that not every member of my team will be a "Champion".
I actually like the idea of actual tournaments for Leagues, similar to Sword and Shield.

Acer11

We had a quartet in Gen VII with the Tapus.

I don't really mind there not being any mythical in the base game as unless there is one distributed at release they're often distributed a while later so if they're included in the DLC update like Zarude was that's fine by me. However I am skeptical about the lack of the third legendary in the base game.
There's a possibility of a Mythical being obtained in-game in DLC, similar to Keldeo in Sword/Shield.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I hope the games won’t lag. I hate lags :(
Everyone hates that. But it's actually mostly on the internet. Cartridge games would be very unlikely to lag since they don't get scratch damage or damaged easily and most of them have a steady framerate... unless it's due to additional online activity like pokemon online battling depending on connection.

Civatin

Has any info been released on how Hisuian forms will work in this game? I really want to use a Hisuian Goodra; if I evolve a Goomy, is there a way to affect which form it evolves into?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Has any info been released on how Hisuian forms will work in this game? I really want to use a Hisuian Goodra; if I evolve a Goomy, is there a way to affect which form it evolves into?
Most Hisiuian Forms apparently need to be transffered in, there are no new evolution methods.

Stantler doesn't know Psyshield Bash
Qwilfish knows Barb Barrage but can't evovle.
Starters will evolve into their normal forms.
Same with other Pokemon

Items for evolution aren't in the game, so no natural evolution for Ursaluna or Kleavor

Phillies

On the whole, some interesting Pokedex entries! The Paradox ones are kinda lame though, was hoping for more theories on where they came from / what they are than just "oh this thing appeared in a book/magazine found". Some have weird concepts of dates which is cool, but I was hoping for more. Lots of friendly / loyal Pokemon this generation which is nice!
This kind of makes them sound like they are the Pokemon equivalent of cryptids. It would also explain the weird names since a lot of cryptids are named for features or by location and don't have scientific names.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Goomy found in Paldea will only evolve to regular Goodra.

If you want a Hisuian variation, you’ll have to transfer it from PLA, which will only be possible in 2023 after HOME becomes compatible with the games.
Once you get a hisuian parent into the game, you should be able to breed (picnic?) new ones by giving the parent an Everstone.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
Just asking, I saw wiglett’s offical typing being water, but the dex someone i forgot the name on on this thread gave me with leaked pokemon, it said it was poison rock.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Most Hisuian Forms apparently need to be transferred in, there are no new evolution methods.

Stantler doesn't know Psyshield Bash
Qwilfish knows Barb Barrage but can't evolve.
Starters will evolve into their normal forms.
Same with other Pokemon

Items for evolution aren't in the game, so no natural evolution for Ursaluna or Kleavor

I wonder what abilities they will be given to give them viability. Most likely Cursed Body or Pressure for Zoroark.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Man, I can't find any gameplay of Violet, just Scarlet lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.