• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobot N

“Real” is subjective, I suppose. I’m not sure they previously existed as “real” Pokémon, but if some version of my guess is close to the truth, they “manifested” and now they exist like any “real” Pokémon.

Though that does provide a very easy out as to why we would never see them roaming natively around any future regions.
And that's why they're Paradoxes, because they're not supposed to exist. Pokemon from pasts that didn't happen or futures that will never come to pass.

Orphalesion

Seems Khu is confirming the DLC, posted 3 hearts, a red one, purple one and a orange one.

Scarlet, Violet and Orange? But since Scarlet is already orange themed, perhaps some other shade.
OMG, we'll be visiting the Orange Islands! After all these years, they'll finally make them canon!
(joking of course)
Though isn't it a bit early to think about the DLC? The game isn't even out yet.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They would only really need to include Mega Evolutions if we were going to visit the main part of the Kalos Region.

However if we’re only visiting Southern Kalos(which would be the southern part of France that hasn’t been adapted yet) then they wouldn’t necessarily have to include Mega Evolutions.

Also looking at the map of the Paldea region it is pretty likely that one of the DLC is going to introduce Southern Kalos(or whatever they will want to call it) as it’s in a very similar situation that the Crown Thundra in relation to Galar was in.

Plus if they really felt that they had to bring back Mega Evolution in Southern Kalos then they can just reintroduced through DLC when Southern Kalos is introduced.

Which they could use that and even introduce a few new Mega Evolutions to further entice people to get the DLC.

Of course I’m not saying that I think the DLC will be bringing back Mega Evolution right now. But Mega Evolution is not this taboo that they have to ignore part of a region just because it happened to be connected to a upper part that had Mega Evolution.
I actually believe that Paldea will have more connections to Johto than it does to Kalos due to potential remakes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Is this even a riddle? 3 hearts… wow. Very informative

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Welp! I told you that he’s the worst starter! Looks like I was right again! And yet I’m the one getting hate for “telling the truth”

If you're getting any hate, it's probably because you're stating a subjective opinion like it is a fact. That would be my guess. Personally, Quaquaval is by far my favourite of the bunch. I love the dancer inspiration and I love that they actually gave him the animations for it aswell. Wasn't sure what direction Quaxly was going to go, but I'm quite happy with it. He's joining my other favourite water starters with Primarina and Greninja.

Overall, I really love the pokemon designs this generation. I've been constantly going back to my "planned" teams and switching some things around. I ended up with so many pokemon I wanted to use that I made a third team with Skeledirge for the inevitable third playthrough. And even then, I still had to sideline some pokemon, may use them as alternates for some teams if the different story paths are long enough to warrant it.

Last edited:

Jeppo

The new psudo looks so underwhelming to me.. Very plain and dull..
It's surprising cuz I liked all the the ones in the previous gens and thought they all had a very unique and fun design
Funny, he's the only one I rate from this gen, because it's nothing too fancy or over done, just like back in the days. All others don't do it for me.

(Yes, I'm what people nowadays call a 'genwunner'. I'm getting old.)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Seems Khu is confirming the DLC, posted 3 hearts, a red one, purple one and a orange one.

Scarlet, Violet and Orange? But since Scarlet is already orange themed, perhaps some other shade.
Orange seems a little too simple compared to how Scarlet and Violet are more specific shades, but I’m struggling to think of what an appropriate shade would be. Plus it seems a little odd that they’d name DLC after a color like a third version - very mysterious!

Though isn't it a bit early to think about the DLC? The game isn't even out yet.
The leaks indicate that the base game itself hints at DLC content, so I think it’s fair game. Plus there’s a good chance that it’s all stuff that should have been base game content anyway! But that’s if the Game Freak development cycle was quality-focused, of course.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Orange seems a little too simple compared to how Scarlet and Violet are more specific shades, but I’m struggling to think of what an appropriate shade would be. Plus it seems a little odd that they’d name DLC after a color like a third version - very mysterious!

The leaks indicate that the base game itself hints at DLC content, so I think it’s fair game. Plus there’s a good chance that it’s all stuff that should have been base game content anyway! But that’s if the Game Freak development cycle was quality-focused, of course.
Maybe the 3rd version will be Amber?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Maybe the 3rd version will be Amber?
Not a bad idea, I hadn’t thought of that one! It could even be that it’s just DLC but incorporates a color like amber into the name. I kept seeing things like “peach” and “tangerine” and “burnt orange” and, well, those just don’t really vibe.

Xanhawk

Man, these last few days is murder. I want to get my hands on my game and play myself into a Pokecoma. The more time I have the more I keep thinkin about who I wanna put on my team.

Autobot N

Also with the leaked sketch we've seen of what the third legendary could be I think amber make a whole lot of sense. Guessing either Fairy/Dragon or Psychic/Dragon and has an ability that sets Psychic or Misty terrain.
Could also be one of the Room effects if they want to continue the theme of the Legendaries’ field effects being able to coexist with each other

They can call it Magenta. That’s the closest color you get when you mix scarlet and violet.

Pokemon Power

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
OMG, we'll be visiting the Orange Islands! After all these years, they'll finally make them canon!
(joking of course)

It is absolutely too early to start talking about the DLC, but khu needs attention and now that the base games leaked he's not getting much of it lol
(Edit: Ops, He wasn't talking about DLC, sorry Khu)

Just from a design standpoint I'm ranking the starters Meowscarda, Skeledirge than Quaquaval.

Unsure how each three will be when they get their hidden ability and actually play with them but guessing Quaquaval, Meowscarda and Skeledirge. Quaq spamming Aqua Step with Moxie is going to be really annoying and while Protean was nerfed I think changing Meows typing to Fairy will be really good and get rid of it's biggest weakness. Meanwhile Skele has great bulk so it might be able to take hits and having Slackoff is great but it's still pretty slow and it has loads of weaknesses, could be great in singles but no so much in doubles.
I honestly did not like any of the last evolutions design-wise, and since I usually don't think too much about the competitiveness of my pokémon to go trough the main story I'm having a hard time choosing my starter. At the moment I'm thinking about picking sprigatito and leave it as Floragato instead of evolving (I reaaaaaally love Floragato)

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
It is absolutely too early to start talking about the DLC, but khu needs attention and now that the base games leaked he's not getting much of it lol
He wasn't even talking about DLC, though. Just revisiting his old riddles to give the answers to them so he can say "See how I knew everything since months ago?"
In this case he was just referring to back when he suggested Pokémon would have a third type (the hearts placements are to refer to the two regular types above and the tera type below):

Status
Not open for further replies.