• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Not a bad idea, I hadn’t thought of that one! It could even be that it’s just DLC but incorporates a color like amber into the name. I kept seeing things like “peach” and “tangerine” and “burnt orange” and, well, those just don’t really vibe.
They can call it Magenta. That’s the closest color you get when you mix scarlet and violet.
Another idea for a color they could use is Crimson, but then again maybe they want to save that color so they can pair it with Navy for future games.

I actually believe that Paldea will have more connections to Johto than it does to Kalos due to potential remakes.
You do realize that getting potential remakes for Johto doesn’t prevent them from introducing Southern Kalos as DLC right.

Heck if you look at the Paldea map Southern Kalos is pretty in the same position that Crown Thundra was in, in relation to Galar.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master

falconlord

GameFreak traditionally has an aversion to returning to previous gens in any serious way, with Gen2 and its remakes being the only real exception there.

So I wouldn't bet on Southern Kalos as DLC.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Has anyone figured out which gyms are the closest to challenge early on aside from the grass gym?

Xanhawk

Has anyone figured out which gyms are the closest to challenge early on aside from the grass gym?

Disclaimer: the Titan and Team Starboss levels are also in here:
Bug gym(14-15)
Rock titan(16)
Grass gym(16-17)
Flying titan(19)
Dark star boss(21)
Electric gym(23-24)
Fire star boss(26-27)
Steel titan(28)
Water gym(29-30)
Poison starboss(32-33)
Normal gym(35-36)
Ghost gym(41-42)
Ground titan(44)
Psychic gym(44-45)
Ice gym (47-48)
Fairy starboss(50-51)
Dragon titan(55)
Fighting starboss(55-56)
Starboss(60-61)

I had to go back but this was posted by Autobot and is the propsed order.

Lol it's already being streamed on Twitch.

People have been trying to stream it on Twitch since the Rom was distributed. The streamer is just risking their account because Twitch will ban for early streaming.

Xanhawk

Won't the previous two hearts refer to "Primal Waves" and "Iron Blade" as well?

He wasn't even talking about DLC, though. Just revisiting his old riddles to give the answers to them so he can say "See how I knew everything since months ago?"
In this case he was just referring to back when he suggested Pokémon would have a third type (the hearts placements are to refer to the two regular types above and the tera type below):

Autobot N

In case anyone is curious I think Paradox availability has been figured out (slight spoilers):
The Donphans are available as static encounters in the desert after you beat the Ground Titan. And when you get to Area Zero, Scream Tail and Flutter Mane are available to catch in Scarlet, while Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis are available to catch in Violet. The rest of them are seemingly locked until you clear the 4th story.

Copley Hill Gym

Got to be honest:

Any delusions about Kalos are just out of touch with the reality of video game development, and that of this particular series.

Kalos has barely featured in any meaningful way since 2016. It's nearly a decade since X & Y came out. Even its third legendary was repurposed for the next generation with barely a mention of where it came from.

We are now three generations up from Kalos and its only meaningful contributions to the games - mega evolutions and sky battles - have been well and truly consigned to history (Pokémon Go excepted - and I am not convinced that mega evolutions will remain there).

France & Spain =/= Kalos & Paldea. Just because they based Gen 6's and Gen 9's region on them does not mean they will make them next to each other, any more than Hoen was just off the coast of Johto, or Unova was near Hoen, or Galar to Kalos...etc etc.

Each gen and each new main series game is always its own thing, with a new story, new Pokemon, and new influences, and even new team members working on it.

Sad as it may be for some to accept it, but Kalos will only appear in a remake, if at all. We are now up to the DS titles for remakes, BDSP haven't outsold Legends Arceus together, sales for which to the end of 2022 are projected to completely outstrip these remakes.

Legends Arceus is the first new different main series game and it could be that BDSP might represent the end of the line of the remade titles - who knows. But the practically "as is" nature of the remakes was not well received and arguably only PLA has affected the development of the franchise in a positive fashion.

Kalos is not going to be a meaningful part of S/V. Deal with it. Sorry.

Autobot N

Got to be honest:

Any delusions about Kalos are just out of touch with the reality of video game development, and that of this particular series.

Kalos has barely featured in any meaningful way since 2016. It's nearly a decade since X & Y came out. Even its third legendary was repurposed for the next generation with barely a mention of where it came from.

We are now three generations up from Kalos and its only meaningful contributions to the games - mega evolutions and sky battles - have been well and truly consigned to history (Pokémon Go excepted - and I am not convinced that mega evolutions will remain there).

France & Spain =/= Kalos & Paldea. Just because they based Gen 6's and Gen 9's region on them does not mean they will make them next to each other, any more than Hoen was just off the coast of Johto, or Unova was near Hoen, or Galar to Kalos...etc etc.

Each gen and each new main series game is always its own thing, with a new story, new Pokemon, and new influences, and even new team members working on it.

Sad as it may be for some to accept it, but Kalos will only appear in a remake, if at all. We are now up to the DS titles for remakes, BDSP haven't outsold Legends Arceus together, sales for which to the end of 2022 are projected to completely outstrip these remakes.

Legends Arceus is the first new different main series game and it could be that BDSP might represent the end of the line of the remade titles - who knows. But the practically "as is" nature of the remakes was not well received and arguably only PLA has affected the development of the franchise in a positive fashion.

I agree with your overall point but BDSP did outsell Arceus according to the sales numbers Joe put on the front page recently: https://www.serebii.net/news/2022/08-November-2022.shtml

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Got to be honest:

You know, it doesn't hurt anyone to let people have some fun and think of ideas that probably won't happen. Is Kalos likely to get any presence? Probably not. Do you have to shut down anyone instantly just because they like thinking about having their favorite region possibly be represented? No.

Let people be and speculate. If you're 100% it wont happen, you are free to ignore and move on. Meanwhile others can enjoy some baseless speculation.

Red and Blue

These are the types that will remain on the unused list:

Normal/Ice
Normal/Rock
Normal/Bug
Normal/Steel
Fire/Fairy
Ground/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Dragon/Fairy
Rock/Ghost
Poison/Ice
So Fire, Ghost, Ground,Steel, and Poison are each one combo away from being paired with all of the typings. Nice that Dark, Electric, Fighting, and Grass were completed this Gen

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
In case anyone is curious I think Paradox availability has been figured out (slight spoilers):
The Donphans are available as static encounters in the desert after you beat the Ground Titan. And when you get to Area Zero, Scream Tail and Flutter Mane are available to catch in Scarlet, while Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis are available to catch in Violet. The rest of them are seemingly locked until you clear the 4th story.
Do we have encounter levels? Was curious about which level Iron Moth can be captured, since I was hoping to trade it in to have in my in-game rotating team if it was found around the same level as the Donphans.

Pokemon Power

Got to be honest:

About the remake situation. If you recall, one of the big reasons why FireRed and LeafGreen, followed by HeartGold and SoulSilver, were made in the first place was because the original Kanto and Johto games were uncompatible with Ruby and Sapphire onward, due to the revamp in the battle system in those games. FR/LG and HG/SS were made to implement the revamped battle system into those adventures, and it wouldn't be until Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal were all re-released for 3DS Virtual Console in which they figured out how to get Pokemon caught in those titles reworked into later games with the revamped battle system, beginning with Sun and Moon.

I believe there is once again a reason as to why they been starting to remake games again in the form of OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire in Gen. 6, Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee in Gen. 7, and Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl in Gen. 8: Pokemon X and Y introduced the Fairy type, and like before with the revamped battle system, I think The Pokemon Company wants to implement the new type into the early adventures. So judging from this observation, I think we're gonna get new versions of the Johto games, as well as Unova remakes, both of which will implement the Fairy type, in the coming years.

As for whether Kalos remakes will come or not, I think it will depend on whether or not they implement some new game-changing feature, similar to the revamped battle system and the Fairy-type, into the games following the theoretical Unova remakes.

tintkarma

Do we have any evidence from leaks/datamines to suggest whether traded Shiny eggs will work the same in SV as they did in SWSH?

I want to make my partner an "Advent Calendar" of Shiny eggs but I'm only going to have ~2 weeks before December 1st to get 24 Shinies, so I don't have time to make many mistakes. If I do the following:
  1. Get an egg in my copy of SV.
  2. Save.
  3. Hatch the egg and find a Shiny.
  4. Reset.
  5. Trade the egg to my partner's copy.
do we know if the egg will still be Shiny for my partner? In SWSH it would've been, but in previous games it wouldn't have been. I would assume it's most likely to work like SWSH, but since breeding in general has changed a fair bit I'm not certain.

(Also if anyone has other advice about what point I have to get to to breed, whether or not Shiny sandwiches affect eggs, and other tips for optimizing this process as I try to get 24 Shiny eggs, it'd be a massive massive help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.