• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
Dawn of
~THE FINAL DAY~
-Less than 24 Hours Remain*-

Keep story-related leaks under spoilers.

*If you live in the Eastern part of the world at least.
To those who got an early copy, don't ever talk to me again.
/s
So on the 17th (preorders arrive for my friends and family) can we take off spoilers for other threads?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So on the 17th (preorders arrive for my friends and family) can we take off spoilers for other threads?
Spoilers will probably stay for at least a week (or until November ends). One can argue that the game's already been spoiled anyway so why bother? This is in consideration for those with late copies.

Of course, spoiling the game will be inevitable. So I will no longer be strict with it. The game's been officially out anyway. But if things can be spoiler-tagged as much as possible, that would be helpful.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I mean for those that managed to keep away from spoilers there outta be an embargo for a bit afterwards.
Obviously for those that were spoiled (us in this thread) will not need the spoiler warning, but others that haven't still do.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Spoilers will probably stay for at least a week (or until November ends). One can argue that the game's already been spoiled anyway so why bother? This is in consideration for those with late copies.

Of course, spoiling the game will be inevitable. So I will no longer be strict with it. The game's been officially out anyway. But if things can be spoiler-tagged as much as possible, that would be helpful.
Pokemon specific spoilers will likely happen first so I can understand being more lax about them.

I would hope that story spoiler tags would still be up. If I had it my way it would be for two weeks.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Pokemon specific spoilers will likely happen first so I can understand being more lax about them.

I would hope that story spoiler tags would still be up. If I had it my way it would be for two weeks.
Yep. The plot spoilers need to last longer.

Copley Hill Gym

You know, it doesn't hurt anyone to let people have some fun and think of ideas that probably won't happen. Is Kalos likely to get any presence? Probably not. Do you have to shut down anyone instantly just because they like thinking about having their favorite region possibly be represented? No.

Let people be and speculate. If you're 100% it wont happen, you are free to ignore and move on. Meanwhile others can enjoy some baseless speculation.

Who “instantly shut anyone down” - ?

That’s my first in depth post on the Kalos subject - period.

We’ve seen dozens of speculative Kalos posts for weeks and weeks and weeks…none of which are based on any kind of reasoned argument other than a love for Kalos, by the same people, over and over and over again.

Great and all but tiresome when you’re trying to read the leak thread on Paldea.

If anyone is getting shut down, it’s me by you, quite frankly.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
User Jamak2001 r/PokeLeaks compiled all the items you can buy from Delibird Presents and Chansey Supply (assuming you got all 8 badges).

I just love how accessible all these items are. I just need to get that Amulet Coin (from the League Rep at Medali).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
User Jamak2001 r/PokeLeaks compiled all the items you can buy from Delibird Presents and Chansey Supply (assuming you got all 8 badges).

I just love how accessible all these items are. I just need to get that Amulet Coin (from the League Rep at Medali).
While I'm fine with not having a Battle Tower equivalent in the base game , these prices right here are why not having BPs is REALLY going to be a pain. It seems like you're basically forced to have the Meowth line & Gholdengo just so you can afford stuff like vitamins, mints, & battle items (-__-)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
While I'm fine with not having a Battle Tower equivalent in the base game , these prices right here are why not having BPs is REALLY going to be a pain. It seems like you're basically forced to have the Meowth line & Gholdengo just so you can afford stuff like vitamins, mints, & battle items (-__-)
You can also use League Points (LP) to purchase these. But surely people will find a quick money farming guide on YouTube in the next few days. There's already an EXP farming guide out there.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
2 questions around the plot:
At what point we can use Koraidon/Miraidon for battle? vs Sada/Turo or earlier?
What are those 2 Nemona's Team without the Starter about?
Pawmo lv15, Nacistack lv15, Fidough lv15, Vivillon lv 18
Pamo lv 29, Brambleghast lv27, Klawf lv27, Toxtricity lv 31
Does she have some starter crisis or what?

Also the Clavell Team without the starter (and with Amoongus) is a Tournament one, right?

Olright

Aw, crap - decided to check the full Paldea dex, just to find out that my all times favorite - Golisopod, is not on the list, even though it was on the very early list :(

I do remember, that it said, that list may be 2% inaccurate, and, sadly, my bug samurai seems to be on that 2%

Well, at least, this game contains almost all of my 2nd places

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
none of which are based on any kind of reasoned argument other than a love for Kalos.
Reasoned - based on logic or good sense.

Kalos - based on France

That blanked out area of the map - looks like part of France.

Assuming that something that looks like France is supposed to look like France - using logic or good sense.

Honestly Kalos isn't my favourite region but that's part of why I want to see it, they could do so much more with it.

And yes it could be DLC based on a part of France but not be called Kalos but for the now if it's french and it's Pokémon I call it Kalos.

Who “instantly shut anyone down” - ?

You did, people were having fun speculating and you said quit having fun it's not gonna happen. Well Pokémon can break a trend as easy as follow it. Who expected no daycare or needing to talk to instigate trainer battles?

Great and all but tiresome when you’re trying to read the leak thread on Paldea.

If you think it tiresome you skip over it. I personally skip over speculation about the competitive scene because that's not how I play Pokémon.

Julia Artemis

Nah I don't think so we should be able to farm money by doing raids like in SWSH. I still have so much money in my game. Probably this won't be an issue since I can't buy clothes for some reason

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I don't really mind tbf. Now I actually have a reason to spend my money ingame. I always have loads of money after postgame that just sits there doing nothing. And there is also the Amulet Coin.

Acer11

Aw, crap - decided to check the full Paldea dex, just to find out that my all times favorite - Golisopod, is not on the list, even though it was on the very early list :(

I do remember, that it said, that list may be 2% inaccurate, and, sadly, my bug samurai seems to be on that 2%

Well, at least, this game contains almost all of my 2nd places
I thought Wulava confirmed the returning Pokemon in that list, and one member even claimed Cramorant was in.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
The reviews are out. It seems the biggest concern (if not the only one) is that the game runs poorly.

I don't think scores count much for anything besides fanboy wars, but just as a curiosity Scarlet/Violet on average scored the second lowest for a main game series, higher than BDSP only.

If compared to what people with leaked games were saying, it really shows the reviewers are not judging it as a pokémon game but from a gaming market standpoint. So Scarlet/Violet may still be the best pokémon game ever, but they are still lacking if compared to other big games in general (what doesn't really matter if you are a pokémon fan, you'll enjoy it nonetheless)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The reviews are out. It seems the biggest concern (if not the only one) is that the game runs poorly.

I don't think scores count much for anything besides fanboy wars, but just as a curiosity Scarlet/Violet on average scored the second lowest for a main game series, higher than BDSP only.

If compared to what people with leaked games were saying, it really shows the reviewers are not judging it as a pokémon game but from a gaming market standpoint. So Scarlet/Violet may still be the best pokémon game ever, but they are still lacking if compared to other big games in general (what doesn't really matter if you are a pokémon fan, you'll enjoy it nonetheless)
I’d rather have a game with old graphics like HGSS rather than 3d game with lags and frame rates

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I’d rather have a game with old graphics like HGSS rather than 3d game with lags and frame rates
I would really like a spin off series that goes back to pixel art. They could even outsource the production, seems like a good idea to me. It's unlikely they would ever do that tho, too good to be real.

I would really like a spin off series that goes back to pixel art. They could even outsource the production, seems like a good idea to me. It's unlikely they would ever do that tho, too good to be real.
I like pixel art a lot and I too prefer a more steady framerate over higher quality models if that's the trade-off, but when it comes to sprites specifically we must remember that the switch has a much larger screen than the handhelds, and also is a home console to be connected to TV's. It's much harder to make sprites look good at such resolutions.
Not to say it can't be done, Octopath Traveler is "pseudo-spirite-based", for lack of a better term, and looks good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.