• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Who “instantly shut anyone down” - ?

That’s my first in depth post on the Kalos subject - period.

We’ve seen dozens of speculative Kalos posts for weeks and weeks and weeks…none of which are based on any kind of reasoned argument other than a love for Kalos, by the same people, over and over and over again.

Great and all but tiresome when you’re trying to read the leak thread on Paldea.

If anyone is getting shut down, it’s me by you, quite frankly.
I put my response in spoiler tags to not de-rail too much from the thread with a wall of text,
You made a long post that essentially boiled down to "It's not happening, move on" which is shutting people down. The "instantly" part may be wrong then if it's been talked about for weeks. I've only been in this thread and it was a brief mention among some posters, so if it's been going on longer, then fine, instantly doesn't apply. But it's still shutting people down from speculating about possible future content. Which is perfectly fine to be discussed in the leaks thread if people are drawing conclusions based on leaked content. Something they were doing.

There will be repeats of a lot of topics, it's very easy to skip the posts and move to the ones that are relevant to your interests. There really isn't a need to make a "It's not happening. Period. So stop talking about it" type of posts. At the end of the day people should be free to discuss the topics they wish to discuss. And as long as they stay relevant to the thread it should be no issue. And if it's not, I'm sur a moderator will come in to get things back on topic, as has happened earlier in this very thread.

If you want to make a counter point, that's fine. Make your points of why you believe it wont happen. Which I'm sure you can do without calling people delusional, which seems kind of rude. And, no you're not getting shut down. Feel free to discuss whatever you want. But there is a difference between discussing and just saying it's not happening, period.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
On the subject of returning moves did Gen 9 remove Surf again? or was that decision exclusive to PLA. I can't find any sources.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m playing Violet right now
The frame rate is horrible .

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
I’m pretty sure centro leaked a frame rate patch, but I wonder if it will actually come this year. Probably with home compatibly? I haven’t seen when the SWSH patch was released when SWSH was released so i’m assuming it’ll be this year?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The reviews are out. It seems the biggest concern (if not the only one) is that the game runs poorly.

I don't think scores count much for anything besides fanboy wars, but just as a curiosity Scarlet/Violet on average scored the second lowest for a main game series, higher than BDSP only.

If compared to what people with leaked games were saying, it really shows the reviewers are not judging it as a pokémon game but from a gaming market standpoint. So Scarlet/Violet may still be the best pokémon game ever, but they are still lacking if compared to other big games in general (what doesn't really matter if you are a pokémon fan, you'll enjoy it nonetheless)
Hmm. I feel like suggesting these have the potential to be the best games in the series despite the clearly mixed reviews so far, as far as this series goes at least, sidesteps some of the other criticisms these reviews are making. It’s not just that they’re getting criticized for being technically poor (frame rates) and poor executions of an open world on a system where Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade (yes, I know, not true open world) exist - they’ve been criticized for lacking vision even within the context of the series, too. I’ve seen more than one review mention Legends favorably in comparison to these. One thing I’ve seen that’s a mix of both criticism for a game within the series and without is that it feels like the game highlights the series’ rigidity. They’ll land at the top of some people’s lists and everyone will have plenty of fun, probably, but based on both critic and fan feedback so far, it doesn’t appear they’re shaping up to be especially well-regarded.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They'll probably have to put out a frame rate patch soon if that's an obvious problem.

Copley Hill Gym

I don't need to justify my view. The facts speak for themselves. GF are not going to make a side show of a new region by including an older region as DLC. They will include a new part of the same region.

I look forward to January when it's inevitably announced. In the meantime, no amount of hand wringing or complaining about complaining about complaining will change the facts.

---

On a happier note, I am settling down after a long work day to have something to eat, play a bit of Pokemon Stadium 2 and watch some of the original anime series ahead of tomorrow's early morning run to GAME in the UK to get my copies. Cannot wait.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
It’s a bummer to hear that there are performance issues, but honestly? Between a game that ran fairly well like SWSH but lacked content initially and a game that has performance issues but has more content from the sounds of things, I’d take the latter any day. Performance issues can be patched out. Content is a bit harder.

Obviously I haven’t played it yet so my stance could change but Xenoblade 3 is my Game of the Year and the frame rate dipped a ton initially and didn’t affect my enjoyment. But different strokes for different folks.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I don't need to justify my view. The facts speak for themselves. GF are not going to make a side show of a new region by including an older region as DLC. They will include a new part of the same region.
I agree. As much as I’d like to see southern Kalos as a DLC area, I don’t see it happening.

I could see a Legends Zygarde game as part of Gen9, though.

Copley Hill Gym

I looked at all the 9th gen Pokemon and I'm shocked. for the first time, all three starter's evo are disgusting, especially the water type, awful. many Pokémon are tasteless, frankly trash. If I were the gamefreak boss, I would fire the artists who has draw most of this generation's Pokémon. the worst thing here is convergent pokemon and paradoxes. the developers have run out of ideas, Pokemon do not have their own charm and personality. worst generation.

As a Brit I am reminded of the words to Three Lions - "we've seen it all before..."

The designs will grow on you, trust me.

falconlord

I never take... well, reviewers in general, but especially reviewers complaints about performance issues seriously.

One, I almost never have the issues they complain about (or encounter a ton off issues they obviously didn't play long enough to encounter) and two, variations in hardware, especially on PCs, limit their tech analysis to their machines

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I never take... well, reviewers in general, but especially reviewers complaints about performance issues seriously.

One, I almost never have the issues they complain about (or encounter a ton off issues they obviously didn't play long enough to encounter) and two, variations in hardware, especially on PCs, limit their tech analysis to their machines
Early players have largely corroborated reviewers’ accounts of performance issues with Scarlet and Violet.

janejane6178

Their complaints are very justified this time, unfortunately. The game is very laggy. I am playing on handheld to have less lags, but is is still very very noticable.

kemal07

Their complaints are very justified this time, unfortunately. The game is very laggy. I am playing on handheld to have less lags, but is is still very very noticable.
I pay alot of attention to detail and get very distracted by things like that... I am almost not that eager to receive my copy until an update to fix it comes out. Have you checked if can be updated?

falconlord

Early players have largely corroborated reviewers’ accounts of performance issues with Scarlet and Violet.

Rom hacks and pirated copies.

And even if they weren't, I would still lay money on not experiencing those issues.

After all, why would Pokémon be any different than any other game I've played over the last 25 years?

janejane6178

I pay alot of attention to detail and get very distracted by things like that... I am almost not that eager to receive my copy until an update to fix it comes out. Have you checked if can be updated?
I downloaded it from E-shop a few days ago.
I checked and its version is 1.01 and it says its the latest version.
But dont be discouraged, the game still seems very nice and immerse.
But I do hope they release some sort of patch soon..

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I looked at all the 9th gen Pokemon and I'm shocked. for the first time, all three starter's evo are disgusting, especially the water type, awful. many Pokémon are tasteless, frankly trash. If I were the gamefreak boss, I would fire the artists who has draw most of this generation's Pokémon. the worst thing here is convergent pokemon and paradoxes. the developers have run out of ideas, Pokemon do not have their own charm and personality. worst generation.
Nice bait bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.