• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
What i don't understand is, doesn't the company test play their finished master copy before getting them processed?
They do, yes - this is what they deemed good enough ship at release and sell to their consumers. This is up to Game Freak’s standards.

Autobot N

I looked at all the 9th gen Pokemon and I'm shocked. for the first time, all three starter's evo are disgusting, especially the water type, awful. many Pokémon are tasteless, frankly trash. If I were the gamefreak boss, I would fire the artists who has draw most of this generation's Pokémon. the worst thing here is convergent pokemon and paradoxes. the developers have run out of ideas, Pokemon do not have their own charm and personality. worst generation.
Ok

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I looked at all the 9th gen Pokemon and I'm shocked. for the first time, all three starter's evo are disgusting, especially the water type, awful. many Pokémon are tasteless, frankly trash. If I were the gamefreak boss, I would fire the artists who has draw most of this generation's Pokémon. the worst thing here is convergent pokemon and paradoxes. the developers have run out of ideas, Pokemon do not have their own charm and personality. worst generation.
Ok?! And this is relevant to me how? All of the designs for Gen 9 Pokémon look amazing.

IcySealeo

Really don't like most of the Pokemon, they doesn't look Pokemon-ish to me.
It feels like we have too many birds Pokemon, that even look similiar, and many bugs as well.
Dudunsparce - we've been waiting for a Dunsparce evolution for 20 years and this is what we get?
Spidops, Lokix - look too childish and not complete, maybe this is just the artwork that we have so far.
Tandemaus and Maushold - couldn't make a simplier Pokemon, so lame.
Tatsugiri - dragon type? Really?
Pawmi line - it's like all three looks the same.
Flamigo - looks too real and not Pokemon-like.
Nacli line - Nacli is okay, the others...
Bramblin line - what is this? Some kind of a Dhelmise?
Gholdengo - looks like a character of a 90's game.
Ting-Lu - those horns with this bowl are so useless.
Chi-Yu - Bahhh
Also, really don't like the names of all those four legendaries.
Future and Past Pokemon are a lame idea, even more those lame names.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It should be noted that per last time I checked, the positive to mixed ratio of Pokemon reviews on Metacritic is 7 to 3 (75 is the lowest "positive" score on MC), which isn't terrible. The performance is definitely the weakest link here, but many have stated the games ambition was good. There is also a more than zero percent probability that we get another stability patch somewhere down the line.

Edit: Meant more, not less.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Their complaints are very justified this time, unfortunately. The game is very laggy. I am playing on handheld to have less lags, but is is still very very noticable.
Who most is it compared to the own pokemon games on SWITCH. I wound say Legends Arceus was by far they snowing game.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
It’s a bummer to hear that there are performance issues, but honestly? Between a game that ran fairly well like SWSH but lacked content initially and a game that has performance issues but has more content from the sounds of things, I’d take the latter any day. Performance issues can be patched out. Content is a bit harder.

Obviously I haven’t played it yet so my stance could change but Xenoblade 3 is my Game of the Year and the frame rate dipped a ton initially and didn’t affect my enjoyment. But different strokes for different folks.
For me the issue is that the games don't even look good enough to justify the performance issues. Xenoblade 3 looks amazing so I get why the switch might suffer to run the game, but for pokémon they already working bellow what the switch can do. (I know it's unfortunately due to time constraints in the development, but still makes me disappointed)

This is... Very subjective. I really don't like the starters final evos but so many people liked them, same thing with some of the other new pokémon.
Good thing is, pokémon from all gens are still available. So if you don't like them this time, just use the old ones and hope for the best for next gen.

falconlord

I'd rather choke on glass than pay attention to Metacritic.

As for the third legendary, I've seen a lot of rumours but nothing concrete. Though there was a reddit post(?) a while back that described it. Maybe once my headache goes down a bit I'll go looking for it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I am just abit shocked that they gave green light to release the game at this state. The lags and frame rates are just... very bad.
I thought that the reviewers were too harsh but when I started playing I noticed it my self ;;

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I am just abit shocked that they gave green light to release the game at this state. The lags and frame rates are just... very bad.
I thought that the reviewers were too harsh but when I started playing I noticed it my self ;;
Just how slow is it?

Missingno.Fan

After looking through the list of new Pokémon, one thing really stood out to me: what is up with the numbering in this generation? Why are a bunch of “normal” Pokémon after the paradox pokemon/legendaries? Why is the pseudo-legendary in the middle of the Dex? Gimmighoul should have been #999.

Xanhawk

After looking through the list of new Pokémon, one thing really stood out to me: what is up with the numbering in this generation? Why are a bunch of “normal” Pokémon after the paradox pokemon/legendaries? Why is the pseudo-legendary in the middle of the Dex? Gimmighoul should have been #999.
Its using internal ordering which may or may not be official ordering.

There are two other versions that claim is the NatDex order with the two nearly being identicle with like the Convergent/Generation Evolution being in different spots iirc.

Until Home Updates, I don't know if we'll gat the actual NatDex order.

ShadowForce720

And you can get the Patches in raids, apparently.

That's such a lifesaver. I hated grinding for them in SWSH
It’s also nice that it works both ways now because back in Sword&Shield once you used a ability patch to switch a Pokémon’s ability to its Hidden Ability there was no way to switch it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.