• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

falconlord

Oddly enough, I've watched five other people randomly and none have had any FPS issues like this.

So far the only "big" issue I've seen was draw distance rendering (character appearing out of render distance and suddenly gaining proper rendering when they get close enough) and Shiny Pokemon spawning OOB.
Yeah, I've watched a few livestreams, even of the hacked versions, and none of them had serious issues.

Most of the players were totally incompetent but you know. Different issue.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Oh, it seems that Ability Patch will now change HA abilities into the first normal ability as well as its normal effect.
This is perfect. I have an HA Teddiursa from Crystal that I evolved into Ursaluna, so once we get Home connectivity I can switch its ability to Guts & turn it into a full-on behemoth!

Xanhawk

A lot of people I'm starting to see report severe FPS drops were older consoles running in the handheld mode and a lot of the issues seem to alleviate in docked mode.

Other than that, I'm seeing claims that it is being caused because the game is rendering the ENTIRE region at all times. Which is kinda bad if true.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I watched portions of a livestream last week and the framerate would definitely become abysmal in some points, but it seems to be mostly a problem at the school and big cities. It is still absurd they greenlit this, but I seems is something you won't have to deal with when you are on the field exploring (which should be most of the gameplay).

Still, funny to think that we know about this problem and how bad it was for one month already, when the early reviewers mentioned how terrible the performance was, and yet the very fanbase tried to shut the complaints by making up a completely baseless excuse of "they didn't got the final version, it was an old build of the game". The Nintendo Life reviewer dedicated a huge portion of his video to detail the performance problems, but instead of making a big deal of it, we made up a complete lie to cover it.
When the consumer base tries to shut its own complaints, it's no surprise GF doesn't have to worry about poorly finished product - they won't even have to make excuses for themselves, just trust the fanbase to make those for them.

falconlord

I watched portions of a livestream last week and the framerate would definitely become abysmal in some points, but it seems to be mostly a problem at the school and big cities. It is still absurd they greenlit this, but I seems is something you won't have to deal with when you are on the field exploring (which should be most of the gameplay).

Still, funny to think that we know about this problem and how bad it was for one month already, when the early reviewers mentioned how terrible the performance was, and yet the very fanbase tried to shut the complaints by making up a completely baseless excuse of "they didn't got the final version, it was an old build of the game". The Nintendo Life reviewer dedicated a huge portion of his video to detail the performance problems, but instead of making a huge deal of it, we made up a complete lie to cover it.
When the fanbase tries to shut its own complaints, it's no surprise GF doesn't have to worry about poorly finished product - they won't even have to make excuses for themselves, just trust the fanbase to make those for them.

You have got this so backwards it isn't even funny.

There are a handful of reports of performance issues. The overwhelming evidence, available to anyone with an internet connection and willingness to watch idiot YouTubers display their amazing incompetence, is that the game runs fine.

A small portion of the fanbase has latched on to these reports because they chose to hate this gen a lot time ago and are searching out anything, anything at all, that justifies their own stupidity.

Orphalesion

I'm getting Violet tomorrow and I still don't know which starter to pick.

On one hand Fuecoco is the cutest 1st stage and it's final evolution is pretty cool.
On the other hand Sprigatito's final evolution is a masked crescent moon magician harlequin.
And on the third hand (yes there is a third hand, what...you don't have one?) there aren't any good new water pokemon other than Quaquaval.

falconlord

I'm hoping there's the chance to get them all at some point.

One of the things that I loved about Yellow was the ability to get all starters.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher

There are a handful of reports of performance issues. The overwhelming evidence, available to anyone with an internet connection and willingness to watch idiot YouTubers display their amazing incompetence, is that the game runs fine.

A small portion of the fanbase has latched on to these reports because they chose to hate this gen a lot time ago and are searching out anything, anything at all, that justifies their own stupidity.
You are not on 4chan or Youtube comment session, you can tone it down a few notches. If you can't deal with criticism without having to resort to veiled and overt insults and dismissive commentaries, maybe you shouldn't be on a discussion board right now.
It's not my or anybody's here problem if you decided to spend the day getting riled up watching Youtubers tear down the game and now will lash out at any sign of criticism.

LordSerperior

Can you stop dismissing every complaint people are having, a lot of them from personally playing the game. Everyone reporting it is not trying to trash the game.

falconlord

You are not on 4chan or Youtube comment session, you can tone it down a few notches. If you can't deal with criticism without having to resort to veiled and overt insults and dismissive commentaries, maybe you shouldn't be on a discussion board right now.
It's not my or anybody's here problem if you decided to spend the day getting riled up watching Youtubers tear down the game and now will lash out at any sign of criticism.
Lol, what?

My comments are about how YouTubers do things like fight Pawniard and never once use a fighting move, not about any criticism they may or may not have.

In fact, I was using Youtube footage as a counter to your baseless criticism.

I say it again: the overwhelming evidence, available to anybody with the patience to watch a livestream, is that the game runs just fine.

Apologies to those having different experiences, but your luck is just bad.

Xanhawk

On one hand Fuecoco is the cutest 1st stage and it's final evolution is pretty cool.
On the other hand Sprigatito's final evolution is a masked crescent moon magician harlequin.
And on the third hand (yes there is a third hand, what...you don't have one?) there aren't any good new water pokemon other than Quaquaval.
Tatsugiri + Dondozo is pretty good, Dondozo seems to be gaining some popularity by itself. Tatsugiri kinda needs Dondozo because of the gimmick.

Palafin if you can stomach it's Hero form.

Wiglett/Wugtrio are surprisingly ok.

Veluza is really good from what I have heard from a handful of people.
Palafin erasure

I mean...I generally like goofy Pokemon...but Palafin...Yeah...

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

the catfish doesn't seem too bad, but it might be late game

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I hadn't noticed how few new water types there are.

Palafin has the problem that you need to switch it out and in if you want to use its ability. In PVP matches that something that occurs naturally, but on in-game battles you would probably have to go out of your way to force it every time.
If you exclude it and Quaxly, you are left with only the Dondozo/Tatsugiri duo.

falconlord

Can you stop dismissing every complaint people are having, a lot of them from personally playing the game. Everyone reporting it is not trying to trash the game.
When I can see with my own two eyes that they're full of it? No.

Copley Hill Gym

A lot of people I'm starting to see report severe FPS drops were older consoles running in the handheld mode and a lot of the issues seem to alleviate in docked mode.

Other than that, I'm seeing claims that it is being caused because the game is rendering the ENTIRE region at all times. Which is kinda bad if true.

That sort of marries up with what I’ve seen. I didn’t realise the game generates the whole region all the time though.

Does BOTW work like this? PLA didn’t, as it was segmented more, but it also had a few lagging issues.

Julia Artemis

I think Water Tauros seems interesting especially if you use Water Terra on it. Having Close Combat and Wave Crash, which is now water Flare Blitz sounds awesome. So I'm leaning towards using it especially since I have barely used Tauros while playing Pokemon. But from what i gather it was one of the best Pokemon from gen 1 but it had a steep decline since than. But also it has Intimidate

Status
Not open for further replies.