• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
@janejane6178 are you playing a digital copy with the game downloaded onto the SD card? I've heard that something with it could be causing the framerate issues
I’m playing the digital copy and yes it’s on the SD card.
And it lags when saves on system memory as well

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I can't believe it's finally here, I booted the game today before coming to work but I was too sleepy to actually play it lol

Gotta buy some energy drinks tonight on my way home so I can play it all night long. Annnd I'm still not sure which starter to pick.

Copley Hill Gym

3 hours of play today, and my overall impression is of a very epic (in size) game, with great ambition, but the overall quality is just not as polished as SW/SH or PLA. There's so much to like about it though and I currently have no badges, have encountered no titans, but I have caught 45 Pokémon so far...!!! That's 45 registered in the Pokedex.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I was a bit worried after allthe reports of gamebreaking performance issues. Luckily, after playing all day, there really haven't been any big issues. Sure some animations for things happening in the background could have been animated in more than 3 frames (looking at the kids swinging their legs beneath the desk) and there was a funny t-pose for a split second before the screen went black to fade out of the cutscene. It could definately be better performance-wise, for sure. Not trying to downplay it.

But no real gamebreaking issues for me, no lag either so far. Overall I've been very happy, there are things that need to be improved for sure (like giving pokemon a speedboost while following), but there is a lot of good in the game as well.

Civatin

I was a bit worried after allthe reports of gamebreaking performance issues. Luckily, after playing all day, there really haven't been any big issues. Sure some animations for things happening in the background could have been animated in more than 3 frames (looking at the kids swinging their legs beneath the desk) and there was a funny t-pose for a split second before the screen went black to fade out of the cutscene. It could definately be better performance-wise, for sure. Not trying to downplay it.

But no real gamebreaking issues for me, no lag either so far. Overall I've been very happy, there are things that need to be improved for sure (like giving pokemon a speedboost while following), but there is a lot of good in the game as well.
Yeah, I'm playing on an OLED switch (digital download onto SD card), and my main issue is that everything takes maybe half a second more than it should (menus opening up, transition from buildings to outer world, etc.). It's not gamebreaking, but definitely noticeable and an bit annoying.

Copley Hill Gym

3 hours of play today, and my overall impression is of a very epic (in size) game, with great ambition, but the overall quality is just not as polished as SW/SH or PLA. There's so much to like about it though and I currently have no badges, have encountered no titans, but I have caught 45 Pokémon so far...!!! That's 45 registered in the Pokedex.

Now 5 hours of play. Most of the issues are entirely graphical, I have not had anything near game breaking yet. So much I like - the auto battler is a brilliant addition (the lets go feature), battling/capturing doesn't feel as polished as PLA.

Overall there's so much to like about this game, but I can't help but feel a larger dev team with one more year's worth of work on it would have made it something spectacular.

Mind, I still have no badges and am barely out of the southern area of the map. It is astonishing how genuinely big Paldea is.

Status
Not open for further replies.