• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ FIRST POST for Kaka Leaks]

Autobot N

Miraidon, transform and roll out!
I believe that all the questions about the Ultimate Weapon will finally be answered when they make a game set in a Germany-based region.
Pokemon doesn't do explicit references to other regions unless they're in other games of the current generation. We're not getting meaningful Kalos lore until the XY remakes or Legends Zygarde or whatever it turns out to be

Akashin

Pokemon doesn't do explicit references to other regions unless they're in other games of the current generation. We're not getting meaningful Kalos lore until the XY remakes or Legends Zygarde or whatever it turns out to be
Agreed, though I’m not sold on the likelihood of a Kalosian Legends game. The only really suitable subject matter for that game would be the Kalos War and, well…

Now, a Legends: Original Dragon…

Autobot N

Agreed, though I’m not sold on the likelihood of a Kalosian Legends game. The only really suitable subject matter for that game would be the Kalos War and, well…

Now, a Legends: Original Dragon…
It sucks that Pokemon doesn't do 3rd versions anymore because I'd love an upgraded Z instead of paired remakes. Zygarde never got the game it deserves

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
It sucks that Pokemon doesn't do 3rd versions anymore because I'd love an upgraded Z instead of paired remakes. Zygarde never got the game it deserves
i think you'll just have to wait after they do the gen 5 remakes as that's gen 6. probably will come out before gen 11 maybe? Honestly if they stop the remakes after gen 6, id be fine with that.

Marzbar

I

I’ve always thought it was the Desert portion of Unova where Relic Castle is located. That would explain why there is a sudden wasteland right next to a very large and heavily populated city and another large city
That’s basically based on Las Vegas. Cities that exist in the middle of a desert with sand around the city. Dubai is another example.

Luthor

I think the next big trailer will introduce the paradox pokémon. I think the Jigglypuff ancestor and Delibird descendant are the most likely to be revealed first.

Of the cross-gen evos, I think only one will be revealed before release, with maybe one more just before release. Girafarig's evolution seem most likely to be revealed first, with maybe Dunsparce's evo later on. The Primeape and Bisharp evolutions will probably remain secret until the games are released.

That would make sense to me. 1 ancestor, 1 descendant and 1 cross gen evo is enough to show off each concept at least and the rest is up to them.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What about Ursaluna?
That's why I said almost 4 gens. Since we got them Legends Arceus which is a unique game in comparison to mainline and spinoffs between gens.

Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer have pathed the way for more.

Honestly, its great having regional forms, regional evolutions and cross-gen evolutions all coinciding in the games now. Gives it variety and life I find.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That's why I said almost 4 gens. Since we got them Legends Arceus which is a unique game in comparison to mainline and spinoffs between gens.

Honestly, its great having regional forms, regional evolutions and cross-gen evolutions all coinciding in the games now. Gives it variety and life I find.
I love these concepts too. But I feel like it should give love to all gens and not just to selected few

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
There seems to be possibly a new or just unidentifiable Pokemon in the left corner screen at the 13:15 mark of the Presents trailer.

Could just be the distortion messing it up, kind of looks like Aaron. But other then that can't get a clear version of it.

FZaY3cZXkAEzZaK

Also looks like GameFreak has been making some changes to the landscapes

FZaS6p4XoAEICEU

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
I was wrong about why bicycle aren't in the games. The legendaries are transport partners including surfing, motorcycles, mountain climbing and glider-flying.

Sponge

So is it definitely the case that any Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler can evolve into those Pokemon?

I feel like regional variants/evolutions have conditioned me at this point to just assume they'd only be able to evolve into those Pokemon in Hisui. (or maybe Sinnoh)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So is it definitely the case that any Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler can evolve into those Pokemon?

I feel like regional variants/evolutions have conditioned me at this point to just assume they'd only be able to evolve into those Pokemon in Hisui. (or maybe Sinnoh)
Well, since they didn't give Stantler, Scyther, and Ursaring Hisuian forms, yes, any Scyther, Stantler, or Ursaring can become Kleavor, Wyrdeer, or Ursaluna.

ShadowForce720

To be fair, the earlier gens contain a lot of the neglected single-stage forms so obviously that's where they're gonna start
Looking at it I think so far all gen 1 standalone Pokémon aside from Ditto have received some kind of treatment in the form of a cross gen evolution, a signature Z-move, a regional variant(+ sometimes a regional evolution), a Gigantamax form, and/or a Mega Evolution.

So including information from the “leaks” the following gen 2 standalone Pokémon will have or are going to have some kind of special treatment:

Qwilfish
Heracross
Girafarig
Corsola
Dunsparce
Yanma
Aipom
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Sudowoodo
Mantine
Wobbuffet
Stantler
Sneasel
Gligar
Delibird

While the following gen 2 standalone Pokémon still have received any form of special treatment:
Shuckle
Unown
Skarmory
Miltank
Smeargle
Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

In regards to Delibird one of the paradox Pokémon is going to be a future Delibird(so basically a descendent so that could be seen as sort of giving Delibird special treatment even though they are entirely different Pokémon.

Although looking at soon or later I’m sure they will start getting around to more of the gen 3 standalone Pokémon and giving them some sort of special treatment.

Autobot N

I can't remember, was Ursaring slated to be in this game? I feel like giving a previously final stage Pokemon access to the Eviolite would be pretty strong

Akashin

Well, since they didn't give Stantler, Scyther, and Ursaring Hisuian forms, yes, any Scyther, Stantler, or Ursaring can become Kleavor, Wyrdeer, or Ursaluna.
Presuming, of course, that Black Augurite, Psyshield Bash, and Peat Block respectively are made available. That or their evolutionary requirement is altered, though if I were a betting man I'd bet that Black Augurite and Peat Block will be made into trade-while-holding evolution items, and Stantler's evolutionary requirement will be made simply knowing Psyshield Bash, bringing all three in line with the Gen IV methods.

I can't remember, was Ursaring slated to be in this game? I feel like giving a previously final stage Pokemon access to the Eviolite would be pretty strong
Not that I'm aware of, though I can't see Ursaring being particularly overpowered with Eviolite. I'd presume Ursaring will still prefer its Guts-Flame Orb combo.