• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They REALLY love gen 2 and gen 5 .......

Ultra Beast Lover

Even if I don't use the sushi dragon, I'm naming it either jelly or sandwich.

I'm curious about Past Suicune, wonder if we'll also get past Entei and Raikou

janejane6178

Better than just Gen 1 getting all the attention, but I would like seeing Gen 3 and Gen 7 getting some attention.
Its like they always has to have their favorite gens and they cant give equal love to all of their past gens...
I loved LOA cuz it gave love to all past gens.

Autobot N

Its like they always has to have their favorite gens and they cant give equal love to all of their past gens...
I loved LOA cuz it gave love to all past gens.
Part of it is that the older generations have a much larger density of neglected Pokemon, particularly weak single stages like Farfetch'd and Stantler (formerly), Girafarig, Dunsparce, and others. The later generations cut down on these kinds of Pokemon a lot, though there are some who could still use some love

ShadowForce720

Part of it is that the older generations have a much larger density of neglected Pokemon, particularly weak single stages like Farfetch'd and Stantler (formerly), Girafarig, Dunsparce, and others. The later generations cut down on these kinds of Pokemon a lot, though there are some who could still use some love
Probably another reason is because gens 6-8 are still relatively new.

Sure they are technically past and old gens but they are still more recent then gens 1-5.

It would feel odd if we got a Past Suicune but we never got a past Entei and past Raikou.

So it seems like potential DLC for Scarlet and Violet will potentially be introducing a Past Suicune, Future Virizion, and a new form of Rotom. I wonder what else could it potentially introduce through DLC.

janejane6178

Sure they are technically past and old gens but they are still more recent then gens 1-5.

It would feel odd if we got a Past Suicune but we never got a past Entei and past Raikou.

So it seems like potential DLC for Scarlet and Violet will potentially be introducing a Past Suicune, Future Virizion, and a new form of Rotom. I wonder what else could it potentially introduce through DLC.
Gen 5 was at the same age of gen 6 now when gen 8 started, and it got many regional forms and evolutions..

Ultra Beast Lover

If the flags represent enemies/opponents, then maybe they represent the evil team's hangouts. As Pokemon has done the last couple generations, this evil team will likely just be a group of thugs and not actually be the real evil team. They could be the most evil of the three fake outs though, causing true harm to people, maybe even stealing Pokemon. Perhaps they're where we either get the Legends' alternate modes or they're just going to be primarily featured there. I think this because there's at least one scene in the trailer that's not set on the beach where we can see the player and the Legend conversing.

Luthor

The other thing with gen's 1-5 compared to gen 6-8 is the size of the regional dex. One thing I think Kalos, Alola and Galar did well is the size of the regional dex and thus the coverage typewise is better. As such there's often a need to add extras to those for type coverage (especially with regional variants and new evolutions).

I could easily see scarlet having the legendary beasts and the Violet having the Swords of justice as counterpart exclusive paradox DLC legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

Past Paradox Suicune? Could it be part of a new trio that consists of the original forms of the three legendary beasts before they fell victim to the burning of the tower and revived by Ho-Oh?

Orphalesion

Well that whole "Penny loves Eeveelutions" makes it a lot more awkward that there isn't a new one, imo.
I mean yeah, there's more than enough of them to create a full team, but still with something like that it would have been cool to have a new one.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well that whole "Penny loves Eeveelutions" makes it a lot more awkward that there isn't a new one, imo.
I mean yeah, there's more than enough of them to create a full team, but still with something like that it would have been cool to have a new one.
It's like they want to make her Chloe 2.0. This seems to confirm that she's not a villain (as they wouldn't want one of the franchise's mascots to be associated with an evil character).

Status
Not open for further replies.