• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
There seems to be possibly a new or just unidentifiable Pokemon in the left corner screen at the 13:15 mark of the Presents trailer.

Could just be the distortion messing it up, kind of looks like Aaron. But other then that can't get a clear version of it.

FZaY3cZXkAEzZaK

Also looks like GameFreak has been making some changes to the landscapes

FZaS6p4XoAEICEU

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I was wrong about why bicycle aren't in the games. The legendaries are transport partners including surfing, motorcycles, mountain climbing and glider-flying.

Sponge

That's why I said almost 4 gens. Since we got them Legends Arceus which is a unique game in comparison to mainline and spinoffs between gens.

Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer have pathed the way for more.

Honestly, its great having regional forms, regional evolutions and cross-gen evolutions all coinciding in the games now. Gives it variety and life I find.

So is it definitely the case that any Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler can evolve into those Pokemon?

I feel like regional variants/evolutions have conditioned me at this point to just assume they'd only be able to evolve into those Pokemon in Hisui. (or maybe Sinnoh)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So is it definitely the case that any Ursaring, Scyther and Stantler can evolve into those Pokemon?

I feel like regional variants/evolutions have conditioned me at this point to just assume they'd only be able to evolve into those Pokemon in Hisui. (or maybe Sinnoh)
Well, since they didn't give Stantler, Scyther, and Ursaring Hisuian forms, yes, any Scyther, Stantler, or Ursaring can become Kleavor, Wyrdeer, or Ursaluna.

ShadowForce720

To be fair, the earlier gens contain a lot of the neglected single-stage forms so obviously that's where they're gonna start
Looking at it I think so far all gen 1 standalone Pokémon aside from Ditto have received some kind of treatment in the form of a cross gen evolution, a signature Z-move, a regional variant(+ sometimes a regional evolution), a Gigantamax form, and/or a Mega Evolution.

So including information from the “leaks” the following gen 2 standalone Pokémon will have or are going to have some kind of special treatment:

Qwilfish
Heracross
Girafarig
Corsola
Dunsparce
Yanma
Aipom
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Sudowoodo
Mantine
Wobbuffet
Stantler
Sneasel
Gligar
Delibird

While the following gen 2 standalone Pokémon still have received any form of special treatment:
Shuckle
Unown
Skarmory
Miltank
Smeargle
Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

In regards to Delibird one of the paradox Pokémon is going to be a future Delibird(so basically a descendent so that could be seen as sort of giving Delibird special treatment even though they are entirely different Pokémon.

Although looking at soon or later I’m sure they will start getting around to more of the gen 3 standalone Pokémon and giving them some sort of special treatment.

Autobot N

I can't remember, was Ursaring slated to be in this game? I feel like giving a previously final stage Pokemon access to the Eviolite would be pretty strong

Akashin

Well, since they didn't give Stantler, Scyther, and Ursaring Hisuian forms, yes, any Scyther, Stantler, or Ursaring can become Kleavor, Wyrdeer, or Ursaluna.
Presuming, of course, that Black Augurite, Psyshield Bash, and Peat Block respectively are made available. That or their evolutionary requirement is altered, though if I were a betting man I'd bet that Black Augurite and Peat Block will be made into trade-while-holding evolution items, and Stantler's evolutionary requirement will be made simply knowing Psyshield Bash, bringing all three in line with the Gen IV methods.

I can't remember, was Ursaring slated to be in this game? I feel like giving a previously final stage Pokemon access to the Eviolite would be pretty strong
Not that I'm aware of, though I can't see Ursaring being particularly overpowered with Eviolite. I'd presume Ursaring will still prefer its Guts-Flame Orb combo.

Autobot N

Presuming, of course, that Black Augurite, Psyshield Bash, and Peat Block respectively are made available. That or their evolutionary requirement is altered, though if I were a betting man I'd bet that Black Augurite and Peat Block will be made into trade-while-holding evolution items, and Stantler's evolutionary requirement will be made simply knowing Psyshield Bash, bringing all three in line with the Gen IV methods.

Not that I'm aware of, though I can't see Ursaring being particularly overpowered with Eviolite. I'd presume Ursaring will still prefer its Guts-Flame Orb combo.
They better not introduce more trade evolutions into the game. Honestly I really hope they get rid of them outright and keep the Arceus methods of evolution. Trade evos are really irritating to get

Akashin

They better not introduce more trade evolutions into the game. Honestly I really hope they get rid of them outright and keep the Arceus methods of evolution. Trade evos are really irritating to get

With one of the biggest emphases of this game being co-op? There's no way they're doing away with trading mechanics, and changing the new ones to bring them in line with how similar Pokemon work makes sense.

ShadowForce720

With one of the biggest emphases of this game being co-op? There's no way they're doing away with trading mechanics, and changing the new ones to bring them in line with how similar Pokemon work makes sense.
In all honesty if you look at how gens 7 & 8 handled trade evolutions they seem to be moving away. Sure trading will likely alway stay around however trade evolutions as a sole requirement to evolve a particular Pokémon not so much.

Kingudora

My favourite
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Ursaring opting out of the Guts-Flame Orb combo, unless you go for a build that runs Unnerve with Eviolite or something.

Eviolite Bisharp on the other hand...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

Considering that they've never removed evolutionary held items I expect Black Augurite and the Peat Block to remain obtainable, while I expect Psyshield Bash to stick around as well.

Akashin

Considering that they've never removed evolutionary held items I expect Black Augurite and the Peat Block to remain obtainable, while I expect Psyshield Bash to stick around as well.
To be clear, so do I. We know Scyther is in Scarlet and Violet, so I optimistically expect to see Black Augurite in some variety; and the same goes for Peat Block if Ursaring makes the cut, and for Psyshield Bash being a part of Stantler's moveset if its in. But it remains possible for them to, for whatever reason, simply not put those items in Scarlet and Violet, or cut Psyshield Bash from Stantler's moveset.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
To be clear, so do I. We know Scyther is in Scarlet and Violet, so I optimistically expect to see Black Augurite in some variety; and the same goes for Peat Block if Ursaring makes the cut, and for Psyshield Bash being a part of Stantler's moveset if its in. But it remains possible for them to, for whatever reason, simply not put those items in Scarlet and Violet, or cut Psyshield Bash from Stantler's moveset.
It would be weird to cut evolutions out altogether. If they were going to do that they would have created Hisuian forms for Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Rumours going around the rumoured gen 2 Pokemon that gets both ancient and future paradox forms along with Volcarona is Donphan.

Can't find the original source though.

Apparently too even though Salamence is in Violet and Tyranitar is in Scarlet, their forms really are in the opposite game.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Rumours going around the rumoured gen 2 Pokemon that gets both ancient and future paradox forms along with Volcarona is Donphan.

Can't find the original source though.

Apparently too even though Salamence is in Violet and Tyranitar is in Scarlet, their forms really are in the opposite game.
that's interesting. Also donphan is a tire elephant mix basically, and both the legendaries have to do with tires, so I think that would make sense. Could the motor be a future donphan?! I doubt it, but it's cool to speculate.

Julia Artemis

I personally think it's going to be Murkrow because Misdreavus and Murkrow tend to be in opposite games so I think it's very probable we are getting Future Murkrow

ShadowForce720

I personally think it's going to be Murkrow because Misdreavus and Murkrow tend to be in opposite games so I think it's very probable we are getting Future Murkrow
That’s not a safe assumption to make because don’t forget the fact that when Beedrill got a Mega Evolution the same wasn’t true for Butterfree, and Vice Versa when Butterfree got a Gigantamax form the same wasn’t true for Beedrill.

Also when Sandshrew got a regional variant the same wasn’t true for Ekans. So basically just because Misdreavus is getting an ancestor in the form of “Ancient Misdreavus” doesn’t automatically mean that Murkrow will get a descendant in the form of “Future Murkrow”.

Status
Not open for further replies.