• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Are there any leaks from a leaks from was right in the past? o.o

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Are there any leaks from a leaks from was right in the past? o.o
Literally everything Riddler Khu posted on twitter for Legends Arceus

Before that it was the Affleck leak and Centro parroting info from a dataminer before they showed the entire dex

Uncle, a leaker from China leaked info on Enamorus

Riddler Khu is still posting riddles and currently there is also Uncle who has posted his own rumor saying that Khu is right but added more.

The current rumors that are plausible are these, due to coming from Khu or Uncle:

-Starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water/Fighting
-Legendaries are Fighting/Dragon, Electric/Dragon and Dark/Dragon
-Tauros gets a regional form and regional evolution that will look like a minotaur
-Khu leaked today an image of a bullfight labled with 1? 2? 5? on it, Tauros in Kalos dex is 125, but also could hint at Gen 1's Tauros, Gen 2's Miltank and Gen 5's Bouffalant getting something to? A prevo? All 3 get evolutions? Its just to relate that its about a bull Pokemon?
-There is a Pokemon based off the Spanish Tooth Fairy myth, which much like France's is a mouse, its speculated that Dedenne also is getting a regional form due to being based of that myth as well. However it could also be any mouse pokemon or a new one if real.
-SV will be pulling heavily from old and scrapped ideas, the game concept has been gestating for a while in contrast to what the 2022 release date would lead you to believe.
-New gimmick is described as "similar to job changing from Final Fantasy but with types"
-Storyline has vague similarities to BW, involves two fueding families who rule the region with one of the two (this number is conjecture on my part as they were compared to Cheren and Bianca) rivals getting the opposite mascot legend
-SV will have one of the largest new Pokemon selections in a very long time, around the ballpark of Gens 1/3/5

Ultra Beast Lover

I wish it wasn't Riddler Khu we had to get leaks from, he gets so obnoxious about Centro reposting things.

Anyways, two feuding families would be interesting and the castle in the city does back up the idea that someone rules the region

janejane6178

Literally everything Riddler Khu posted on twitter for Legends Arceus

Before that it was the Affleck leak and Centro parroting info from a dataminer before they showed the entire dex

Uncle, a leaker from China leaked info on Enamorus

Riddler Khu is still posting riddles and currently there is also Uncle who has posted his own rumor saying that Khu is right but added more.

The current rumors that are plausible are these, due to coming from Khu or Uncle:

-Tauros gets a regional form and regional evolution that will look like a minotaur
-Khu leaked today an image of a bullfight labled with 1? 2? 5? on it, Tauros in Kalos dex is 125, but also could hint at Gen 1's Tauros, Gen 2's Miltank and Gen 5's Bouffalant getting something to? A prevo? All 3 get evolutions? Its just to relate that its about a bull Pokemon?
-There is a Pokemon based off the Spanish Tooth Fairy myth, which much like France's is a mouse, its speculated that Dedenne also is getting a regional form due to being based of that myth as well. However it could also be any mouse pokemon or a new one if real.
-SV will be pulling heavily from old and scrapped ideas, the game concept has been gestating for a while in contrast to what the 2022 release date would lead you to believe.
-New gimmick is described as "similar to job changing from Final Fantasy but with types"
-Storyline has vague similarities to BW, involves two fueding families who rule the region with one of the two (this number is conjecture on my part as they were compared to Cheren and Bianca) rivals getting the opposite mascot legend
-SV will have one of the largest new Pokemon selections in a very long time, around the ballpark of Gens 1/3/5
Are there other things he leaked?
Can u elaborate about the new gimmick? I never played Final Fabtasy so I didn’t understand it hehe

Fairy King

I'm not in favor of the starters getting the same final typings as PLA just a little remixed. I don't mind any of those typings alone ending up in the mix but not a complete rehash. I would also be surprised if we got a large amount of new Pokemon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Are there other things he leaked?
Can u elaborate about the new gimmick? I never played Final Fabtasy so I didn’t understand it hehe
Riddler Khu leaked every new regional variant, evolution and warden and noble Pokemon with his riddles for Legends Arceus
He also leaked stuff from the Chinese Riddler who ended up leaking most of the gen 7 dex.
He says this is where he gets his sources from.

Uncle is relatively new, although he has only really leaked enamorus, he seems to be collaborating Khu's riddles as well.
Since it seems Tauros regional form or the like may be indeed true since that is what Khu is riddling about now.

From my understanding its like classes in rpgs, party members can take on a role to gain certain buffs, debuffs and skills which you can level up. So its possible with Khu's current riddle about "3" which may mean three types; Pokemon can gain a third type to buff them up in some manner, possibly like Dhelmise. However its currently unknown if this is actually true or not or even what they mean.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Assuming this "third type" is a thing, it's probably just a temporary buff from a held item. Wouldn't be surprised if there's only 1 item for each type (much like the Z-Crystals), and is limited to 3 rounds (much like Dynamax).

Also, keeping it as a held item allows GF to completely discard this mechanic in future gens. Much like every other gimmick since Mega evolution.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Assuming this "third type" is a thing, it's probably just a temporary buff from a held item. Wouldn't be surprised if there's only 1 item for each type (much like the Z-Crystals), and is limited to 3 rounds (much like Dynamax).

Also, keeping it as a held item allows GF to completely discard this mechanic in future gens. Much like every other gimmick since Mega evolution.
Agreed, ita probably the crystal we see in the Japanese logo as well as on the mosaic walls of the larger town we saw in the trailer.

Of course I think some Pokemon will get specific forms that take advantage of this gimmick if real.

janejane6178

Agreed, ita probably the crystal we see in the Japanese logo as well as on the mosaic walls of the larger town we saw in the trailer.

Of course I think some Pokemon will get specific forms that take advantage of this gimmick if real.
Mega evo was the best ep in my opinion.. should have kept it and add more megas :(

Btw, if the leak is true and we will have a big batch of new Pokemon this time, I wonder if we will have regional forms/evo this time..... if so then we will have tons of new Pokemon/forms (including the new Pokemon them selves)

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I don’t like the possible idea of the starters reusing the same secondary types as the Hisuian starters. Having a second straight Fire/Ghost would scream repetitiveness (remember the fandom being tired of Fire/Fighting?) and making Sprigatito’s evolution have the dreaded 7 weaknesses will instantly ruin its reputation like how a shallow movepool ruined Meganium and Serperior (at least until Contrary existed).

Orphalesion

Mega evo was the best ep in my opinion.. should have kept it and add more megas :(

Btw, if the leak is true and we will have a big batch of new Pokemon this time, I wonder if we will have regional forms/evo this time..... if so then we will have tons of new Pokemon/forms (including the new Pokemon them selves)

Honestly I really disliked Mega Evolution, it was just a temporary form change, it prevented pokemon like Absol from getting a real evolution, it favoured "popular" Pokemon in the distribution of mega evos rather than those who needed a power-up, and I'm fairly certain Gen 6 is the smallest because they had to create models for all those Mega Evos.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only way I would ever see a big batch of new Pokemon ever happening again is if the game reverted back to the use of 2D sprites, which we know isn't gonna happen with this game.

Orphalesion

The only way I would ever see a big batch of new Pokemon ever happening again is if the game reverted back to the use of 2D sprites, which we know isn't gonna happen with this game.

Still the number of Gen 6 Pokemon (without Megas) was smaller than Gen 7 or 8.

santiagus

Nothing personal Kid, just business.
Let me add the POV from a person of Spain to see what we can clear things up or draw more questions....

No problem with that but we recently had a combination of those 6 types as starters recently.

About the animals they are going to be designed I guess Knight Iberian Lynx, Ghost Cocodrille and Admiral duck

I never seen a Cocodrile in Spain but I guess they never seen a Ninja Frog in france...

The returns of Dragon legendaries was due, wonder what they represent or what they are masters of. Truth, Ideals, Life Death, Royalty? I don't know.

Off course there are going to be bull Pokemon I hope they do not end like... I'm joking, I hoped that Pokespain (Let's call this region like this for now) could have his own bull Pokemon since bulls are the national species of this country alongside maybe the Imperial Eagle (Despite beeing asociated with the dictatorship we had 50 years ago.)

But a regional mon Tauros more like it cause Bouffalant is well... a Buffalo... about the Minotaur, well makes sense that the evolution is two legged Tauros, it will make more sense in a Greek region but oh well...

I'ts called "Ratoncito Perez" and it's our Toothfairy, that greedy rat only gave me 1€ when any of my tooth fell. It's a really good idea for a mon. But I don't see him beeing the Pikaclone of this gen.

I like Final Fantasy III gamestyle. So no problem with me, but how would you apply this in Pokemon? we are going to have more than 1000 Pokemon this Gen. I guess only some will have this power. I hope they do not complicate things more.

Royal families make sense cause Scarlet and Violet are royal colors. And well Spain has his share of Royal Families.

Will be fighting against one of them depending on the Version we choose?

Let's say 100-120 or so. I hope Regional forms and evolutions are included in this number but not the new "forms" we are going to get, it's confirmed that we are not going to have a BW situation where, the main game was exclusive for Unovian Pokemon. But Gen 5 had 151 new Pokemon...

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

Justice for Ash’s Totodile and all other Totodile!
Let me add the POV from a person of Spain to see what we can clear things up or draw more questions....

No problem with that but we recently had a combination of those 6 types as starters recently.

About the animals they are going to be designed I guess Knight Iberian Lynx, Ghost Cocodrille and Admiral duck

I never seen a Cocodrile in Spain but I guess they never seen a Ninja Frog in france...

The returns of Dragon legendaries was due, wonder what they represent or what they are masters of. Truth, Ideals, Life Death, Royalty? I don't know.

Off course there are going to be bull Pokemon I hope they do not end like... I'm joking, I hoped that Pokespain (Let's call this region like this for now) could have his own bull Pokemon since bulls are the national species of this country alongside maybe the Imperial Eagle (Despite beeing asociated with the dictatorship we had 50 years ago.)

But a regional mon Tauros more like it cause Bouffalant is well... a Buffalo... about the Minotaur, well makes sense that the evolution is two legged Tauros, it will make more sense in a Greek region but oh well...

I'ts called "Ratoncito Perez" and it's our Toothfairy, that greedy rat only gave me 1€ when any of my tooth fell. It's a really good idea for a mon. But I don't see him beeing the Pikaclone of this gen.

I like Final Fantasy III gamestyle. So no problem with me, but how would you apply this in Pokemon? we are going to have more than 1000 Pokemon this Gen. I guess only some will have this power. I hope they do not complicate things more.

Royal families make sense cause Scarlet and Violet are royal colors. And well Spain has his share of Royal Families.

Will be fighting against one of them depending on the Version we choose?

Let's say 100-120 or so. I hope Regional forms and evolutions are included in this number but not the new "forms" we are going to get, it's confirmed that we are not going to have a BW situation where, the main game was exclusive for Unovian Pokemon. But Gen 5 had 151 new Pokemon...
Gen 5 had 156 new Pokémon, not 151, but it’s still close enough.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I have to say I'm not really on board with the Uncle leak. Whenever people ask for the source the person who provided it gets dodgy, and it also doesn't help that the board that it was supposedly posted on also can't locate it. I think it's more questionable then it's given credit for, but we're heading into May so it's not like we'll be in the dark on it for too long.

As for the actual details, I'm not particularly fond of the idea of another Dragon trio and one of them being a repeat typing at that definitely doesn't help their case for me. It could pull something off that still makes it unique, but I do think with all of the different typing combinations they can do making their first repeat is a little disappointing. Same with Fire/Ghost potentially being reused, but that one's more questionable since the only source of it is the Uncle leak currently whereas the Dragon trio bit has Khu also hinting at it.