• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Count me as another Violet enjoyer! (Well, tbh, I'm getting both, but Violet will be the one I play first)

Same here. Hoping to get Violet when I can.

Acer11

Predictions for Pokémon that could be returning in the DLC

Ekans
Arbok
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Lapras
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion/Hisuian Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Spinarak
Ariados
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Poochyena
Mightyena
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Unovan Samurott/Hisuian Samurott
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Golett
Golurk
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Volcanion
Marshadow
Zeraora
I've predicted on Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Mr. Rime, Miltank, Munchlax, and Snorlax.

New item names
Their description

At this point the only thing I'm waiting for are dex entries, as I haven't seen those datamined anywhere yet.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
heh, I must be one of the few fools buying both Scarlet and Violet :d

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I got both.
I used to do that too but ever since Dexit, I've lost all incentive to. Now, I simply don't bother anymore.

Now, I just get one version and trade all exclusives, legendaries included.
Pawmi is doing double duty as the Pikaclone and regional rodent, it seems.
I think it works.

Normally, the rodent evolves once (thus a 2-stage line). So...

1 Pika-clone + 1 Region Rodent/Mammanl/whatever + 1 evolution = A 3-stage line

(or a pokémon who evolves twice, if you prefer)

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I used to do that too but ever since Dexit, I've lost all incentive to. Now, I simply don't bother anymore.

Now, I just get one version and trade all exclusives, legendaries included.

I think it works.

Normally, the rodent evolves once (thus a 2-stage line). So...

1 Pika-clone + 1 Region Rodent/Mammanl/whatever + 1 evolution = A 3-stage line

(or a pokémon who evolves twice, if you prefer)

If the Goromi Fire/Electric evolution is true then it could be the redesigned idea of the old Gorochu Idea.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

kemal07

Terrible decision... but NO Elite Four rematch. You only get to challenge them once in one save...

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
Some speculation on the legendary quartet's concept. Not sure if it really counts as a story spoiler or not.
So judging by Wo-Chien's Pokédex entry it sounds like they all might actually be objectmons imbued with grudges that create artificial bodies for themselves. Ting-Lu being a vessel that creates a moose body out of stone, Chien-Pao being a sword that creates a snow leopard body out of snow, Wo-Chien being tablets that create a snail body out of leaves and compost, and Chi-Yu being beads that make a goldfish body out of fire.

ooh I really like the quartet's concept.
also, the sketch kinda solidified my choice of Scarlet. DLC's paradox looked much nicer there

New general hold items:

Booster Energy:
An item to be held by Pokémon with certain Abilities. The energy that fills this capsule boosts the strength of the Pokémon.
Ability Shield:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This cute and rather unique-looking shield protects the holder from having its Ability changed by others.
Clear Amulet:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This clear, sparkling amulet protects the holder from having its stats lowered by moves used against it or by other Pokémon’s Abilities.
Mirror Herb:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This herb will allow the holder to mirror an opponent’s stat increases to boost its own stats—but only once.
Punching Glove:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This protective glove boosts the power of the holder’s punching moves and prevents direct contact with targets.
Covert Cloak:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This hooded cloak conceals the holder, tricking the eyes of its enemies and protecting it from the additional effects of moves.
Loaded Dice:
An item to be held by a Pokémon. This loaded dice always rolls a good number, and holding one can ensure that the holder’s multistrike moves hit more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.