• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So if that Dex leak is real, these will be the only Pokemon not be on the Switch.

FqYCl76WwAcyck1
Unova confirmed!

scififan21

I really wish my boy Snivy could be on a Switch game. Maybe another Legends game? I'd take anything for my favorite Gen 5 starter at this point.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Too soon for that
The lack of Unova starters in the leaked files (while all the rest of the old starters that aren't in the game yet are there) suggests that we are getting them, plus there isn't much else for them to release in 2024 unless you want them to just skip right to Gen 10.

Luthor

Why the Furfrou hate

My guess is its not so much hate as additional time to code and the fact that's there's a lot of other dog Pokemon for competition for dex places . For Furfrou it also currently needs to have a location for the grooming so it can transition to its other forms and all its other forms are then coded into the game which takes time. Most other Pokemon that have alternate forms that are purely aesthetic(e.g no battle impact) are permanent forms so they don't have to be able to change form. There are exceptions like Sawsbuck so its not definitely impossible for Furfrou to appear but it may have led to it being one of the few to not make the cut so far. It will return eventually hopefully with a slight buff.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Or… just hear me out… Unlike Vivillon, which also hails from Kalos, they have to make a new 3D model for each form instead of just having a pallet swap as per Vivillon. So it’s them just saving resources in personnel and in the game.
Models...because each form likely has one because they're all slighlty different. Textures. Animations. Integration with moves. Collision detection. All would need to updated and tested before it could be released. Plus they would have to add in the new forms that were released with Pokemon Go.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think the "Furfou hate" comment is a jest.
To be fair though, it has multiple forms, and they might want to find a way to implement them like they did for Vivillon.

Edit: Also, if that datamine is reflective of the final product (being the DLC) then we could potentially still get the other Unovan starters because those were only for Pokemon with dex entries. Recall that Hoenn starters didn't get Dex entries for Crown Tundra.

Luthor

I think the "Furfou hate" comment is a jest.
To be fair though, it has multiple forms, and they might want to find a way to implement them like they did for Vivillon.

Yeah but it was an effective segue to discuss the possible reasons Furfrou is one of the few not on the switch so I just went with it.

I really wish my boy Snivy could be on a Switch game. Maybe another Legends game? I'd take anything for my favorite Gen 5 starter at this point.

I'd like to see Serperior get some kind of variant similar to how Typhlosion got one if it ever appeared in a legends game (or a similar concept). An additional type could be very interesting for it. Given the leaks seem to indicate it isn't in the DLC this is probably the next chance after the DLC.

Last edited:

vondecayle

I mean they could avoid the other furfrou forms and just include its base form. They changed Ash-Greninja and are ignoring the costume pikachus from ORAS so it’s not out of the realm of possibility to just add a pokemon without the add-ons.

Luthor

I mean they could avoid the other furfrou forms and just include its base form. They changed Ash-Greninja and are ignoring the costume pikachus from ORAS so it’s not out of the realm of possibility to just add a pokemon without the add-ons.

True they could but Ash-Greninja is an event only form (so a lot of people don't have it) and Cosplay Pikachu is restricted to ORAS so it was a lot easier to remove those forms. Its not out the realm of possibility of course but for Furfrou which is a regular Pokemon and that's its only real gimmick so I suspect they will want to keep the forms when it returns. Plus its not like it couldn't be coded in its just probably something that means it is not prioritised.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
they could but Ash-Greninja is an event only form (so a lot of people don't have it)
No. It’s not event only. It’s only available through the Sun and Moon Special Demo. Which is still available until the 3DS eShop shuts down.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'd like to see Serperior get some kind of variant similar to how Typhlosion got one if it ever appeared in a legends game (or a similar concept). An additional type could be very interesting for it. Given the leaks seem to indicate it isn't in the DLC this is probably the next chance after the DLC.
Mild correction, but the leaks have not yet indicated whether it is in the DLC or not. The datamine comes up short from the promised "over 230" Pokemon with 223. There is a likelihood that we will get some dexless Pokemon to be in said DLC. If we threw in all the missing Pokemon, the number would be 236, which would fit. Granted, it may not be the missing Unovan Pokemon (+Furfou), but I do belive there is more that even the datamine isn't showing us. I should note the following statement for transparency:

Note: The number above includes Pokémon that you will be able to bring to your game via Pokémon HOME or receive in trades.
Though the "over 230" estimate seems to directly correlate with the DLC, given this sentence:

In Part 1: The Teal Mask and Part 2: The Indigo Disk, you will be able to encounter over 230 familiar Pokémon that have been found living in other regions but which had not appeared in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
Which probably means that you are able to bring any of these Pokemon from Home or that there is some overlap between Pokemon in DLC and Pokemon already programmed to be receivable via Home (i.e. Charizard, Typhlosion, Decidueye families).

Copley Hill Gym

Or, more likely, they have extended the number of catchable Pokemon in the game which will appear in the DLC accordingly but aren’t catchable in Paldea, just like that we saw in the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra, which had their own Pokedexes as a result.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Or, more likely, they have extended the number of catchable Pokemon in the game which will appear in the DLC accordingly but aren’t catchable in Paldea, just like that we saw in the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra, which had their own Pokedexes as a result.
Not sure you read my post correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.