• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So guys place a bet which company is the worst: EA, Blizzards and GF/Pokemon company

EA and Blizzard.

Dislike them far more than the latter tbh.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So guys place a bet which company is the worst: EA, Blizzards and GF/Pokemon company
This is a bad REALLY take IMO. I’m mad at GF/TPC too, but they’re nowhere near as bad as EA or Blizzard

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
When will they show that they are responsible? Why not take responsibility for what you said GF/TPC?

Copley Hill Gym

Just pointing this out but blaming Gamefreak for what’s going on with Pokémon Home is completely pointless considering they are not the ones in charge of Pokémon Home as the ones in charge of Pokémon Home is ILCA. Also the home connectivity start date was not canceled as it was specifically stated that the previous date was erroneous basically meaning it was never the actual date and the actual date hasn’t been officially revealed yet.
ILCA may be in charge of home but GF/Nintendo project manage the brand. They are the ones who take the top decisions on what happens when. The bit I can’t get my head around is the “early 2023” for home connectivity, releasing a date, then backtracking on it.

S/V thematically and in terms of the gameplay before the postgame are one of the best Pokemon titles we’ve had. But issues graphically, bugs, and the tera raids being generally dreadful have really hampered the fun we normally all have with these games.

I played Pokemon Red this last week. It’s an original Japanese copy I bought. The original game still holds up beautifully even in a different language!

I couldn’t help but think a simpler time when Pokemon was for the portable console and the main console encompassed the stadium battling still feels overall more meaningful than the postgame of recent games.

Luthor

I wouldn't mind the delay for Pokemon home if it wasn't also functioning as the GTS (global trade station). A function that was at one point standard in games (while it wasn't perfect it did generally work) . Sure there are ways around it to trade in-game but personally I prefer to be able to just offer up a specific Pokemon for another Pokemon without having to interact.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just hope they at least give SOME compensation for the wait, HA starters probably isn't that much since pretty much everyone has one at this point (not that they're compensation things anyways and more of a gift for using home)
Maybe a free shiny mythical like Meloetta who hasn't been distributed in years and is transferrable to SV or reduced price for DLC
“Thank you all for your patience. To make up for the long wait, we’d like to reward you all with codes for 10 Max Revives & a set of rare berries.” -_-

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What has EA done that was on the level of Blizzard?
I'd like to also add that instead of adapting to the gambling laws of the Netherlands in regards to the EA lootboxes, they have chosen to sue the government of the Netherlands in an act of strongarming them to legalize lootboxes. This is a SLAPP suit: one that isn't designed to win, but to drag for years and years and drain the other side of money. In the meantime, per Dutch law, their lootboxes will continue to be allowed until the lawsuit ends. In other words, EA is willing to crash the economy of a developed nation to sell their lootboxes.

No other company in any industry does this, not even Disney, who is notorious for manipulating laws via lobbying. (And these lootboxes had put Disney onto bad terms with EA.) The only other organization to practice lawfare on this scale is a certain religion founded by a science fiction novelist, and they do so only to individuals and small groups, not to an entire country's government.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
okay here's how we can get the game corner back
Jokes aside I knew EA did some very anti consumer stuff but I never knew it got to the point where they sued an entire government over lootboxes, yeah I get being mad at the fact that they got the wrong date but in no way is that comparable to EA or Blizzard

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
okay here's how we can get the game corner back
Jokes aside I knew EA did some very anti consumer stuff but I never knew it got to the point where they sued an entire government over lootboxes, yeah I get being mad at the fact that they got the wrong date but in no way is that comparable to EA or Blizzard
I agree. People make mistakes and the mixup with Home isn’t worth getting so mad that you compare GF/TPC with a developer that has bought several studios that made successful games and then shut down said studios and canceling all games that they were working on. And SV was the first time GF worked on an open world game of this size. I know Legends Arceus is technically the first open world game in the series but its world map is smaller and has a lot less to generate on screen.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
PLA was open zone like Monster Hunter
I honestly would have liked a new gen like that before the jump to open world

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Well,

1. Game Freak and The Pokémon Company are two separate companies, ran by two separate groups of people. While Game Freak owns TPC, they do not operate it.
2. Game Freak's only real crime is not taking enough time to develop its projects. That doesn't necessarily make them a bad company, especially if fans still enjoy the games.
3. Electronic Arts. The answer is Electronic Arts.

Xanhawk

The bit I can’t get my head around is the “early 2023” for home connectivity, releasing a date, then backtracking on it.
HOME connectivity was never stated to be in "Early 2023". That was being able to view the battle ranking for SV, which we did get. HOME connectivity has always been Spring 2023, of which we still have ~30 days.

This update to Pokémon HOME’s Battle Data feature—slated for early 2023—will let you check out handy battle data and enjoy Pokémon battles in these titles even more.

Compatibility between Pokémon Scarlet, Pokémon Violet, and Pokémon HOME is slated for spring 2023.

ebevan91

HOME connectivity was never stated to be in "Early 2023". That was being able to view the battle ranking for SV, which we did get. HOME connectivity has always been Spring 2023, of which we still have ~30 days.

This update to Pokémon HOME’s Battle Data feature—slated for early 2023—will let you check out handy battle data and enjoy Pokémon battles in these titles even more.

Compatibility between Pokémon Scarlet, Pokémon Violet, and Pokémon HOME is slated for spring 2023.

Yes it was.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP BEING GF/TPC FANBOYS NOW.
They don't have ANY EXCUSES whatsoever on this.

Copley Hill Gym

I know the difference between spring 2023 and early 2023. The Nintendo advertising on this has been pretty explicit despite being somewhat vague (!!!)

Fact is, summer is next week. Spring is nearing a distant memory.

I’m not so annoyed about the home connectivity as I am about the events this weekend. It’s sad I know, but despite disliking the Tera raids I have enjoyed catching the different strong ‘mons that come with them. Getting online with people and battling is more fun than always solo’ing it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP BEING GF/TPC FANBOYS NOW.
They don't have ANY EXCUSES whatsoever on this.

Worse things have happened than TPC getting a date mixed up. In fact, nothing has been worse than Dexit.

If we can get passed that, we can get passed anything.

I know the difference between spring 2023 and early 2023. The Nintendo advertising on this has been pretty explicit despite being somewhat vague (!!!)

Fact is, summer is next week. Spring is nearing a distant memory.

Technically, summer starts June 21, at the start of the Solstice.

"Early 2023" can be anywhere between now and the third week of June.

Xanhawk

"Early 2023" can be anywhere between now and the third week of June.
Yeah, this is one of my more hated business calendar lingo.

The vagueness of "Early" is annoying enough as it's left to individual determination, like if you are supposed to arrive somewhere by 8 pm and get there exactly at 7:59:59 pm you are still technically early. Same with ordering an early copy. You can wait until the last possible second to get the item and still be considered early so long as you finalize the second before it ends.

While I tend to agree that June 20th would not be "early", it still qualifies through technicality of semantics of the definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.