• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The way I see it, Home is pretty tricky to get it running without any serious bugs and glitches. Remember how regional forms started to randomly have their normal counterparts’ movesets when imported from certain games? And Spinda seems to wreck havoc in the app to the point you can’t move it in at all and Nincada from BDSP can’t even be deposited all because of their codings.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
And Spinda seems to wreck havoc in the app to the point you can’t move it in at all and Nincada from BDSP can’t even be deposited all because of their codings.
Spinda is blocked by BDSP because of incorrect coding in one of the two games causing spot patterns to change if removed or added to that game and Nincada is blocked due to duplication glitches that were heavily exploited. It’s actually BDSP—not Home—that flags them to be untransferable in this case. ILCA had some coding issues with their game for whatever reason.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
There was an update for SV today, could that be where the miscommunication came from?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There was an update for SV today, could that be where the miscommunication came from?

Good question. Maybe that's the case.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
No news for raids?
Shame on GF. Shame. They all need to do a public Dogeza... maybe have CEO to do a dogeza in front of camera.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Doubt it. There’s too much of a difference between a SV patch on 25 to a Home patch on 24.
I could maybe buy it if the tweet was info only, but it even had pictures depicting the Pokémon we’ll receive along with the Home update (included with even Home’s trainer ID in their profiles).

I find the “it was just a miscommunication” theory hard to believe when the tweet had all those pictures included that couldn’t pass as just a “wrong post”. Plus Khu, a Chinese leaker, knowing (15 before the tweet) about this 24 date that was supposedly only a miscommunication on the English side of Pokémon

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't know if the update specifically caused any form of miscommunication.
That being said, I find it highly plausible that the erroneous date was caused by a crossed wire.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The way I see it, Home is pretty tricky to get it running without any serious bugs and glitches. Remember how regional forms started to randomly have their normal counterparts’ movesets when imported from certain games? And Spinda seems to wreck havoc in the app to the point you can’t move it in at all and Nincada from BDSP can’t even be deposited all because of their codings.

You know, I have never had any issues with HOME. Like, ever.

Maybe I'm just lucky. I never knew the app had bugs.

Captain Jigglypuff

You know, I have never had any issues with HOME. Like, ever.

Maybe I'm just lucky. I never knew the app had bugs.
Neither have I but it seems that when the more serious bugs are found especially after an update, I am not really using the app because I currently do not have anything that needs transferring at the moment. I lucked out on the regional form bug because my subscription for Home premium was expired and also I had Pokémon that I had wanted to move from the 3DS games but I wasn’t going to pay for Bank’s subscription when it was going to become free six months later.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
HOME Ver. 3.0.0 contains several Pokémon renders that are just Eggs with text, which belong to the following:

• Another form of Spidops
• Tandemaus and Maushold if they were not gender unknown
• All of the ride forms of Koraidon/Miraidon

The Spidops one has me very intrigued

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
LET'S GOOOOO SPIDOPS FOR ANYTHING GOES

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
HOME Ver. 3.0.0 contains several Pokémon renders that are just Eggs with text, which belong to the following:

• Another form of Spidops
• Tandemaus and Maushold if they were not gender unknown
• All of the ride forms of Koraidon/Miraidon

The Spidops one has me very intrigued
Does it imply on whether Spidops changes its form or it naturally has a separate form like the Tandemaus or Lycanroc forms?

Captain Jigglypuff

I feel like the Tandemaus line were originally supposed to have genders hence the babies but then they realized that as more confusing than the Kangaskhan having a baby after hatching thing. Which would explain why they are the only genderless Pokémon to be programmed to have Egg Moves and actually get them.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm going to let my wild speculation go ahead here and theorize that perhaps Spidops had an alternate form that would act as a Disguise, Ice Face scenario in battle.

If we look at Tarountula he is completely covered in webbing, with Spidops signature move being Silk Trap as a personal Protect, perhaps Spidops was originally intended to enter battle in its 'Silked Form' that either negated or reducted damage for a turn. Silk Trap could possibly be originally intended to re-activate that form.

Then they decided to do away with the form and just have Silk Trap fully act as a Protect.

I could see it in a web-based ghillie suit or something comical like MGS's box disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.