• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I expect their aces to stay as well, but personally I got to say that I don't really feel like Sinistcha fits Carmine at all. It feels like it was only made into her ace because it was the only new regular Pokémon together with Dipplin(which went to Kieran).
Sinistcha is a very "old-tradition-linked" sort of pokemon, which I'd say fits well Carmine's intense respect for Kitakami's culture. Sinistcha are also noted for a vindictive side if offended, much like what Carmine has (indeed much of her team reflects different parts of her personality).

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
My guess is Normal/Dragon, the former due to it being associated with type changing and the latter to be consistent with Koraidon/Miraidon.
What if the Dipplin Evo is a 670 BST part Dragon Paradox and the true counterpart to Koraidon and Miraidon playing the Giratina role. And Tarapagos is the Arceus here?

Luthor

Sinistcha is a very "old-tradition-linked" sort of pokemon, which I'd say fits well Carmine's intense respect for Kitakami's culture. Sinistcha are also noted for a vindictive side if offended, much like what Carmine has (indeed much of her team reflects different parts of her personality).

A valid point. Plus I suppose she does show us some "hospitality" as she is a local.

Also as Kieran is most likely the Champion do you think we will learn who was the prior one?
I'm wondering if he will be the champion already when we arrive or during the story (similar to Blue in RBY).

My guess is they won't reveal Keiran is the champion straight away and keep him away from a lot of the main story. So it at least seems like a bigger deal when he re-appears. I don't think the previous champion will impact the story.

Luthor

I've never seen a dark side of Carmine though.

"You better not be lying! If I find out you blabbed, I'm gonna make you swallow a Koffing whole" possible quote of Carmine.
She's not evil but she's certainly got a a bit of a temper. Though after the events of the teal mask I expect her to be slightly more friendly in the Indigo disk.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
"You better not be lying! If I find out you blabbed, I'm gonna make you swallow a Koffing whole" possible quote of Carmine.
She's not evil but she's certainly got a a bit of a temper. Though after the events of the teal mask I expect her to be slightly more friendly in the Indigo disk.
You can kind of see it in her team since all of Carmine's pokemon are softies/caring pokemon either with vicious/stubborn sides or try to act tough at some point in their evolutionary lines (Poochyena, Leavanny, Ninetails, Morpeko, Poltchageist)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A valid point. Plus I suppose she does show us some "hospitality" as she is a local.

My guess is they won't reveal Keiran is the champion straight away and keep him away from a lot of the main story. So it at least seems like a bigger deal when he re-appears. I don't think the previous champion will impact the story.
Maybe Cyrano is stated as the Champion for most of the story?

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
What if the Dipplin Evo is a 670 BST part Dragon Paradox and the true counterpart to Koraidon and Miraidon playing the Giratina role. And Tarapagos is the Arceus here?
Tripplin seems like an evolution rather than a Paradox if the evolite being functional when held by Dipplin is any evidence.

Copley Hill Gym

Thanks to smogon’s forum for leaks etc, I went down a rabbit hole:

There are three complete dinosaurs, the following from Fracterra, a user on Smogon:

These could be also based on these three dinosaurs in the Fukui Prefectural Museum
Here is the Wikipedia page for it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukui_Prefectural_Dinosaur_Museum
And here is the display:
IMG_1063.jpeg

It’s also quote, “near the Kitadani Dinosaur Quarry”
Kitadani, more like Kitakami
The dinosaurs are Fukuiraptor (Walking Wake), Fukuititan (Raging Bolt), and Fukuisaurus (Past Entei?), which is similar in build to Iguanadon
Here are the Dino’s pages
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuisaurus
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuiraptor
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuititan

So there’s also this fourth dinosaur…Fukuivenator paradoxus, a raptor type.

Literally named Paradoxus

The type species Fukuivenator paradoxus was named and described in 2016 by Yoichi Azuma, Xu Xing, Masateru Shibata, Soichiro Kawabe, Kazunori Miyata and Takuya Imai. The generic name combines a reference to the Fukui prefecture with Latin venator, "hunter". The specific name refers to the paradoxical combination of traits shown by the species.

The Johto trio seem to be based on this collection of fossils,I think Fracterra is onto something big here.

The paradoxical traits…really hits home when you think about their dinosaur looks matched with their origins. Paradoxical, indeed!

So with that in mind, I reckon Fracterra is right when they pointed to the fukuisaurus as entei’s possible paradox basis.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think any type is more or less associated with terastalizing than the others
Normal is heavily associated with the very concept of type changing in general, and that’s what Terastal basically is.

Not true. What is this based on? Only Ditto, Arceus and Silvally come to mind (and that is type changing through items, the base form is normal).
You also have Tera Blast, which is Normal unless Terastalized.
I can buy the justification, in addition to Tera Blast the moves Hidden Power, Judgement, Multi-Attack, Natural Gift, Revelation Dance, Techno Blast, Raging Bull, Terrain Pulse and Weather Ball are all Normal. That's 10/12 of the moves that can change typing.

I do think there is a point that can be made about Normal often acting as a "default" type when type changes are in play. But I personally don't feel like I know enough about Terapagos to know how applicable it is in this case.

Last edited:

Acer11

Thanks to smogon’s forum for leaks etc, I went down a rabbit hole:

There are three complete dinosaurs, the following from Fracterra, a user on Smogon:

So there’s also this fourth dinosaur…Fukuivenator paradoxus, a raptor type.

Literally named Paradoxus

The Johto trio seem to be based on this collection of fossils,I think Fracterra is onto something big here.

The paradoxical traits…really hits home when you think about their dinosaur looks matched with their origins. Paradoxical, indeed!

So with that in mind, I reckon Fracterra is right when they pointed to the fukuisaurus as entei’s possible paradox basis.
What about a guess on Paradox Terrakion's name?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Moving both of these posts to the leaks thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.