• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I still hope we will be able to fuse the paradoxes in the two trios together and get the combinations found in the sketches.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I still hope we will be able to fuse the paradoxes in the two trios together and get the combinations found in the sketches.
Although it looks like it works for the sword paradoxes, I don't see how the 3 beast paradoxes as dinosaurs somehow fuse to be an amalgamation and look alike to the actual Beast trio

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Looking at what happened with the Iron Treads and Great Tusk's drawings where there are differences between the two (ex. Iron Treads has clearly defined feet in the drawing unlike the actual Pokemon) I think the fusions will be similar. The Beasts I wouldn't be surprised if it varies the most, but the general outline will probably be the same as Walking Wake's head and cape are still very similar to Suicune's (though the tails are different) while Raging Bolt's legs are similar to Raikou's, so if Entei's Paradox forms has a similar body and spikes to Entei itself then the form can still work. Same goes for the swords as details like the animal-like eyes will likely be different if it takes exclusively from the Future Forms.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Not true. What is this based on? Only Ditto, Arceus and Silvally come to mind (and that is type changing through items, the base form is normal).
No, he is right. Normal is often treated like a placeholder type or default type. Struggle is even classified as a Normal-type attack. Also, for a lot of Pokemon, the very first non-STAB moves they tend to learn are often Normal-type attacks.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Rumours from the usual source says that Indigo Disk will have its own version of CT's Dynamax Adventures and BDSP's Ramanas Park for Legendary encounters and capturing.

Additionally it seems Ultra Beasts won't be found in it and are not returning.

Honestly I could see possibly that getting added into Area Zero or in the NW part of Paldea's map. If nothing comes from it then they really just added in another region connected Paldea that is just used there to confirm that Paldea is attached to Pokemon's what-if version of Andorra and Southern Kalos.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ramanas Park I sort of liked as a way to get Legendary Pokémon but obtaining the necessary things to summon each of them was extremely annoying. And I hated how if you inserted the thing, you were forced to enter a battle immediately and couldn’t even leave until you caught the Pokémon.

Autobot N

Rumours from the usual source says that Indigo Disk will have its own version of CT's Dynamax Adventures and BDSP's Ramanas Park for Legendary encounters and capturing.

Honestly I could see possibly that getting added into Area Zero or in the NW part of Paldea's map. If nothing comes from it then they really just added in another region connected Paldea that is just used there to confirm that Paldea is attached to Pokemon's what-if version of Andorra and Southern Kalos.
Not a surprise. I'm fine with the concept of it since it's fair to let kids be able to catch legendaries from games they don't own. I just wish they'd make more of an effort to make them feel like they "belong" there like in BW2

Not surprised at all that most legendaries will be available again, GF has been doing this since ORAS.
Personally I preferred the approach of the older generations where just a small selection of legendaries made a return but more emphasis was put on the individual encounters.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Not a surprise. I'm fine with the concept of it since it's fair to let kids be able to catch legendaries from games they don't own. I just wish they'd make more of an effort to make them feel like they "belong" there like in BW2
I act liked ORAS and USUM’s approach of using portals and vanishing and reappearing locations. They felt interesting to explore every time you had found one.

Autobot N

I act liked ORAS and USUM’s approach of using portals and vanishing and reappearing locations. They felt interesting to explore every time you had found one.
ORAS was fine since most of them had unique locations and trigger conditions. But I didn't like USUM and SWSH since they were both "go to this place and you'll get a random one"

Little Hero

ORAS was fine since most of them had unique locations and trigger conditions. But I didn't like USUM and SWSH since they were both "go to this place and you'll get a random one"
I think they tried to copy the whole "hey, explore this cave but there's this bird/artificial cat at the end that's going to kill you" experience from Red and Blue.

Acer11

I don't think that's true, especially since only 2 of the Legendary Titans, both introduced in CT, are usable in Scarlet and Violet.

Autobot N

I think they tried to copy the whole "hey, explore this cave but there's this bird/artificial cat at the end that's going to kill you" experience from Red and Blue.
There's a difference there though, all four of them have unique locations that they're always found in. What I don't like is the randomized aspect of "this one Dynamax den in Galar contains every legendary known to man and it's random which ones you find"

Scovillain

Okay who wants to hear some good news.

The days between Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra is... 128 days.

What's 128 days from when Teal Mask was released? Jan. 19.

Are we halfway there? No.

Bulbapedia for SS says 664 pokemon... So that means, after this 2nd DLC, we want S/V to far exceed 664. Bulbapedia currently says 586 pokemon for S/V.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Okay who wants to hear some good news.

The days between Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra is... 128 days.

What's 128 days from when Teal Mask was released? Jan. 19.

Are we halfway there? No.

Bulbapedia for SS says 664 pokemon... So that means, after this 2nd DLC, we want S/V to far exceed 664. Bulbapedia currently says 586 pokemon for S/V.
we already have the dex amount for returning Pokemon for Indigo disk, we just don't know pokedexless/transfer mons.

230 total with possibly 8 new Pokemon (the 4 paradoxes, Archaludon, Terapagos, possible Applin evo and the peach Pokemon)

Bringing the total count to about 824 Pokemon

Scovillain

we already have the dex amount for returning Pokemon for Indigo disk, we just don't know pokedexless/transfer mons.

230 total with possibly 8 new Pokemon (the 4 paradoxes, Archaludon, Terapagos, possible Applin evo and the peach Pokemon)

Bringing the total count to about 824 Pokemon
So going by national dex.

664/898
vs.
824/1025

73.94% and 80.39%, an increase.

If it keeps on going at a rate, should eventually hit 100%.

Little Hero

I wonder if we'll get a trailer for the so-called complete edition of the games? They're supposed to be releasing in Friday... you'll think they would be advertising it more than usual... unless they are and I'm just not seeing the ads

I feel like there is some confusion going on here. ~230 returning Pokémon is what was said across both TM and ID (These expansions bring with them over 230 familiar Pokémon that had not appeared in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet.). For ID there are 160 scraped entries that are not in either the Paldea dex or Kitakami dex, although some of these 160 are already in the game as transfers only, and there appear to be some more entry-less legendaries added.

Either way, I expect SV to end up with more Pokémon than SwSh, in total and maybe percentage-wise, but I don't think that should be taken as an indication that each generation will continue to add more Pokémon, as each generation adding more and more Pokémon is kind of why Dexit came around in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.