• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

The website says “In order to tackle the Elite Trial set by Amarys, your Legendary Pokémon—Koraidon or Miraidon—can take a supplement that will grant it the power to fly! It seems this power is only temporary, but perhaps someday this hidden potential will be fully unleashed...

Seems they’re implying you’ll eventually unlock flying permanently
Sounds like "score x points on the minigame to get permanent flying"

Or they are simply trying to make people enticed to try the minigame

copium-cat.gif

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wonder how useful the flight feature will even be in SV. The soaring mechanic in ORAS allowed you to find portals and sky high Pokemon.
I could see it being a fun joy ride, but nothing too pratical, unless they add something in the skies like in the aforementioned ORAS.

Other than that, I saw GoNintendo's Indigo Disk preview and they had this to say: "Lastly, The Indigo Disk does boast a few new Pokémon designs and regional variants, my favorite of which being Archaludon." Are there actually new regional variants? I wonder what we are in for.

Luthor

I wonder how useful the flight feature will even be in SV. The soaring mechanic in ORAS allowed you to find portals and sky high Pokemon.
I could see it being a fun joy ride, but nothing too pratical, unless they add something in the skies like in the aforementioned ORAS.

Other than that, I saw GoNintendo's Indigo Disk preview and they had this to say: "Lastly, The Indigo Disk does boast a few new Pokémon designs and regional variants, my favorite of which being Archaludon." Are there actually new regional variants? I wonder what we are in for.

I could see them add something into the game to access with it. Whether that'll be as good as oras's we'll have to see.

As for the regional variants it'll be interesting if they do. While it's possible the worded it wrong and mean something new as in returning regional variants from other games the way its worded now makes it seem like they mean new regional forms. Would these be Unovan forms?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
As for the regional variants it'll be interesting if they do. While it's possible the worded it wrong and mean something new as in returning regional variants from other games the way its worded now makes it seem like they mean new regional forms. Would these be Unovan forms?
That's very possible. It could just be bad wording on their part. I guess we'll see.

Also, in general, to whom this may concern, I don't care what the clout goblins have to say about this.

Autobot N

Probably bad wording

Baggie_Saiyan

That's very possible. It could just be bad wording on their part. I guess we'll see.

Also, in general, to whom this may concern, I don't care what the clout goblins have to say about this.
I think Joe said there was some stuff he couldn't talk about? Unannounced regional forms I imagine would fit that category?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

I could see that as just being bad wording or mistaking what they saw.

Though my mind does go back to an old Khu post about Lacey (a fairy type user) having possibly Chimecho or Excadrill on her team. However that could just be a terrastilizing thing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder how useful the flight feature will even be in SV.
For me it'd be useful.

I usually like to go to the next raid spot simply by going the routes (not using the fast-travel thingie) but sometimes, the shortest path is crossing Area Zero. So I have to end up circling around the place which can get a bit tiring/annoying at times. Fly over the thing would be the best thing.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If there are regional variants, I’m hoping that Chimecho gets something new and a regional form for Luvdisc. That thing definitely needs something to make it useful as Heart Scales are no longer as valuable in the games as they once were.

Luthor

Maybe they could finally connect Luvdisc to Alomomola.

I'd be completely ok with them doing so but my suspicion is they probably won't given they were both the main Paldea Dex and they could have made that change at the start of gen 9. The only way I could see it make sense is if the evolution method is something that is discovered at BB academy. But my guess is they will not.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If there are regional forms, there is the strange scenario of them being found within a enclosed artificial biome in another region.

So would they be regional forms because they are from adapting to Unova or adapting to this isolated environment?

Since Unovan forms will probably be saved for Gen 5 if they are kept around, I could see simply any regional forms being called Terrarium/ian Forms.

But with how leaks have been I don't think there's any room for regional forms surprising us upon release.

Scovillain

Let's not make things into an argument. Let's get back on topic and not continue this line of discussion. Thanks.
I'll reiterate, why is it your imperative to enforce something exceeds the "possibility" that someone can apologize to someone. Remember, I always give people a chance to defend themselves.

Last edited:

Luthor

If there are regional forms, there is the strange scenario of them being found within a enclosed artificial biome in another region.

So would they be regional forms because they are from adapting to Unova or adapting to this isolated environment?

Since Unovan forms will probably be saved for Gen 5 if they are kept around, I could see simply any regional forms being called Terrarium/ian Forms.

But with how leaks have been I don't think there's any room for regional forms surprising us upon release.

You make an interesting point. If the forms are ones that are possible outside the Terarium Dome then it would make sense for them to be Unovan. But if these are exclusive to within the artificial environment Terarium forms makes the most sense in that circumstance. Admittedly it's quite plausible there are no new regional forms (given the original quote could easily be poor wording) but an interesting conjecture nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.