• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

If this rumor turns out to be true, then things are going to get outrageous!

Hydrappl: The most bizarre of the rumor. Not only would it be the first Bug/Dragon type, and it evolves from one of Applin's branched evolutions, But also potentially a Triple-typed Pokemon thanks to one of it's potential abilities. And with 600 BST, it would be a unique pseudo-legendary. Overall, the appearance would be based on apple worms, hydras, and the "Poison Apple" from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".

And that is why i think the rumor is fake... since one of Hydrappls abilities makes it permanent Poison apparently, so then whats the point in changing it to Bug/Dragon in the first place.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And that is why i think the rumor is fake... since one of Hydrappls abilities makes it permanent Poison apparently, so then whats the point in changing it to Bug/Dragon in the first place.
I see it as a buffed version of Dhelmise's signature ability Steelworker, but for the Poison-type. It would essentially be treated as a Bug/Dragon/Poison type, with it gaining all of the Poison type's weaknesses and resistances on top of getting STAB on Poison type moves. So, it would lose its weakness to Fairy, at the cost of now being weak to Psychic (which was already weak to it) and losing its Ground resistance.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
hope its fake because i really just want a normal ass grass/dragon apple tree dino

one reason i think its fake is actually the nineteenth tera type name, Jewel Type.

the actual crowns we wear when terastilzing are called jewels, so what the last one is called the jewel jewel/jewel-typed tera jewel?

Red and Blue

I could believe Dipplin's evolution having an ability or move that let's it temporarily change it's typing to Poison.
But having it be a permanent change makes no sense and just seems implausible.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I really can't isee Hydrappl being a real name. It's not like we are in the Game Boy days anymore when you had to cut some letters and, voilà, meet Feraligatr.
Also, the "leak" is waaaaaaay too informed. They know every pokémon name, type and stats, the entire list of new abilities with names and description, all the new attacks with Attack Power, accuracy, description AND distribution, including also the Spanish names for all that.
Why would someone working on translation and website articles have info on the distribution of moves? Why would anyone know the exact stats of any pokémon species (something that you only have access by looking at the game code)?

They know not only too much from too many different aspects of the game, but it's also incredibly precise information which makes no sense to anyone who is just working on lateral stuff to have any access to.
Pokémon stats specifically is one thing that always give fake leaks away. Fake leakers love to reveal pokémon stats as if those were information that one could just stumble on, but it really isn't. I doubt anyone beside the game developers know stuff like a pokémon stat distribution (without datamining the games).

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I really can't isee Hydrappl being a real name. It's not like we are in the Game Boy days anymore when you had to cut some letters and, voilà, meet Feraligatr.
And don’t forget Victreebel. I remember hearing how some Christian parents tried using its name as proof of the games being demonic because it had “Bel” the idol mentioned a few times in the Old Testament. I thought that was an extremely stupid reason to say that Pokémon was evil.

Red and Blue

Anyway, wonder what the evolution method will be for Dipplin? I doubt it will be as simple as giving it another apple.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Anyway, wonder what the evolution method will be for Dipplin? I doubt it will be as simple as giving it another apple.
i really think it is going to be that simple, just that the item itself may be harder to come by.

Supposedly some internal data from Indigo disk has the names of the new Pokemon in alphabetical order. Which if true would also disprove that 4chan leak (shocker) since Entei's name seems to start with "gou-," maybe some variant of Gouging Flame or something like that
here's the data, it all comes from the actual Chinese Leaker, Uncle.

from the sounds of it from what people are translating we have:

1013 Dipplin evo - “Hydrapplin” possibly
1017 Entei paradox -Gouging something (Sear/Flame/Blaze)
1018 Raging Bolt
1019 Iron Crown
1020 Terrakion paradox - Iron something (Brace/Power/Boulder)
1021 Terapagos
1022 Peachy Keen pun name
1023 Archuladon

We also got static legend encounters datamined too, method is unknown beyond possibly being the new Dynamax Adventures mechanic but with Tera Raids.

Legendary birds, Legendary Beasts, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Swords of Justice, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Kubfu, SpectrierㄝGlastrier.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Supposedly some internal data from Indigo disk has the names of the new Pokemon in alphabetical order. Which if true would also disprove that 4chan leak (shocker) since Entei's name seems to start with "gou-," maybe some variant of Gouging Flame or something like that

Things to note:
1018 is Raging Bolt
1019 is Iron Crown
1021 is Terapagos
1023 is Archaludon (though not labelled)

1020 is another future Paradox Pokemon (in German, it's name is between Iron Moth and Iron Jugilus)
-Likely the future Terrakion
-Iron A/B

The rest of the Pokemon are:
Hu/Hw/Hy (I see Hydrappl mentioned, but I haven't seen a definitive datamine that gave out that name.*)
Got/Gou (People are thinking Gouging (suffix) for Entei)
Pa/Pe (People are guessing Peachykeen for that one "hidden" Pokemon among the Loyal Three)

*I don't care what the clout chasers said about this, lol.

Pokemon Power

Hey, has anyone tried datamining Pokemon Home for the Blueberry Academy Dex yet? Because that's what they did for the Kitakami Dex, and it happened less than two weeks before the release of the Teal Mask, which is exactly the point we're at right now for the Indigo Disk.

Acer11

Things to note:
1018 is Raging Bolt
1019 is Iron Crown
1021 is Terapagos
1023 is Archaludon (though not labelled)

1020 is another future Paradox Pokemon (in German, it's name is between Iron Moth and Iron Jugilus)
-Likely the future Terrakion
-Iron A/B

The rest of the Pokemon are:
Hu/Hw/Hy (I see Hydrappl mentioned, but I haven't seen a definitive datamine that gave out that name.*)
Got/Gou (People are thinking Gouging (suffix) for Entei)
Pa/Pe (People are guessing Peachykeen for that one "hidden" Pokemon among the Loyal Three)

*I don't care what the clout chasers said about this, lol.

Those numbers are index numbers

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Hey, has anyone tried datamining Pokemon Home for the Blueberry Academy Dex yet? Because that's what they did for the Kitakami Dex, and it happened less than two weeks before the release of the Teal Mask, which is exactly the point we're at right now for the Indigo Disk.
Home gets updated on the 4th, most likely dataminers will strike then.

Captain Jigglypuff

I completely forgot Keldeo was a mythical.
Keldeo never really felt like a Mythical imo. I group it with a few other Mythicals that I question if they really should be even considered to be in the grouping for one reason or another and those Pokémon are Meltan (given you can literally get hundreds of them using the Mysterious Box and need 400 to evolve it), Deoxys (ORAS reasons), Magearna (QR code makes it extremely easy to obtain), and Zarude (said to live in groups of its own kind in the jungle and may be more common than previously thought since humans rarely see them in the wild since they mostly keep to themselves). Phione is just some strange offspring of Manaphy that no one knows which category of Pokémon it belongs in and the fact that you can get literally hundreds more with a Ditto definitely makes it unlikely to be a Mythical Pokémon but not quite a Legendary either considering how easy it is to get more than a dozen of them in any game that has breeding.

Acer11

Keldeo never really felt like a Mythical imo. I group it with a few other Mythicals that I question if they really should be even considered to be in the grouping for one reason or another and those Pokémon are Meltan (given you can literally get hundreds of them using the Mysterious Box and need 400 to evolve it), Deoxys (ORAS reasons), Magearna (QR code makes it extremely easy to obtain), and Zarude (said to live in groups of its own kind in the jungle and may be more common than previously thought since humans rarely see them in the wild since they mostly keep to themselves). Phione is just some strange offspring of Manaphy that no one knows which category of Pokémon it belongs in and the fact that you can get literally hundreds more with a Ditto definitely makes it unlikely to be a Mythical Pokémon but not quite a Legendary either considering how easy it is to get more than a dozen of them in any game that has breeding.
At least players are able to get it in Sword and Shield without a distribution.

Captain Jigglypuff

At least players are able to get it in Sword and Shield without a distribution.
Which is why I don’t consider Keldeo to be a Mythical anymore. Arceus being able to be caught in BDSP still counts as a Mythical given the necessary steps to get the Azure Flute and is basically a very special in game event similar to the Manaphy Eggs from the Pokémon Ranger games. Keldeo you really don’t need to do anything that special besides catching the other Swords of Justice and making curry at that one site. That sidequest just feels like any other quest that you must do to get a Legendary Pokémon. It just feels like how Deoxys is captured in ORAS in that it’s just part of the post game and happens through normal gameplay whereas Darkrai and Shaymin in BDSP required Mystery Gift items and Arceus requires you to complete the Hisuian PokéDex and battle and catch it before you can get it in BDSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.