• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do hope to see this continue also. Of the 16 Hisuian variants, only 4 were Kanto Pokemon, compared to how only Kanto Pokemon got variants in Alola. I do hope to see only a small percentage of Pokemon from Kanto getting regional variants. I do hope that Johto, Hoenn, and Alola get some variants.
Gen 5 has also been getting a lot of love recently. It has the most representation in the Galar dex, 4 Galar forms and 1 Galarian evolution, 1 G-Max form (notably the only Pokemon to receive a G-Max form that isn't from either Kanto or Galar), 5 Hisuian forms, 1 Hisuian evolution, and a new member for one of their legendary groups.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
This time, once GF starts the reveal season, I intend to follow only the officially released information and avoid the leaks (except the starters evo, since I find that a crucial point to know before starting the game and GF never releases those before the game is out).

I am old enough to be a Gen1-aged fan, and I always followed the leaks for every game, so this time will be the first time in 20 years I will try to avoid them (probably will fail miserably, but for now I can hope), so for once I am glad the person with access to the information is only willing to divulge them in the most possibly vague and useless way.

And since I am on this subject, the other thing I intend to do differently this time is not decide my team before starting the game. That's how I played the first 3 generations, but since Gen IV I started deciding my team before starting the game and... well... I just realized that probably takes away a lot from the fun of "exploring" the new region since experimenting the many new pokémon is a huge part of it (instead of just boxing everything that is not those 6 I decided to use).
I just noticed that probably the reason why I had so much fun with Sun (in a way I never had with a pokémon game since I was a kid) was because the team I decided to use was composed of not 6, but 11 pokémon. So in a way, even though I had a team decided beforehand, I sort of emulated the feeling of "experimenting a lot of things", so for SV I decided to go back to the basic and just pick everything I like and see what stays.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Centro is giving an update on Home. Chances are the info is being taken from another source, but here it is
Notice also that Centro hasn't been sharing Khu's tweets? One of the things Khu threw a fit over? Notice that Khu continues these petty insults, despite Centro not even doing anything currently.
As someone who hasn't started Legends: Arceus yet... those Mystery Gifts look awfully tempting for my first playthrough! It's basically a repeat of the SwSh HOME update where they gave out the Galar starters with their Hidden Abilities - maybe the Sinnoh starters will have theirs too? Not sure whether it's possible to get HA Sinnoh starters in the Grand Underground, if so then it's kind-of an unexciting reward since at least the Galar starters weren't accessible with their Hidden Abilities until this point? Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Also the whole concept of there being drama in the Pokemon game leaking community is hilarious - you're leaking parts of a Pokemon game but getting pissy someone else is sharing what you found? Wild.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
As someone who hasn't started Legends: Arceus yet... those Mystery Gifts look awfully tempting for my first playthrough! It's basically a repeat of the SwSh HOME update where they gave out the Galar starters with their Hidden Abilities - maybe the Sinnoh starters will have theirs too? Not sure whether it's possible to get HA Sinnoh starters in the Grand Underground, if so then it's kind-of an unexciting reward since at least the Galar starters weren't accessible with their Hidden Abilities until this point? Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Also the whole concept of there being drama in the Pokemon game leaking community is hilarious - you're leaking parts of a Pokemon game but getting pissy someone else is sharing what you found? Wild.
The starters in the Grand Underground only have their regular abilities. It’s definitely intended from the get-go to save the hidden abilities for an event-only distribution.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The starters in the Grand Underground only have their regular abilities. It’s definitely intended from the get-go to save the hidden abilities for an event-only distribution.
They intend for us to grind through the Battle Tower getting 3 BP per 7 trainers and save up the 200 BP to change them to their HA. It’s actually quite the daunting task.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
They intend for us to grind through the Battle Tower getting 3 BP per 7 trainers and save up the 200 BP to change them to their HA. It’s actually quite the daunting task.
Ah, well then this is definitely a repeat of the HA Galar starters distribution to go alongside HOME! I'm happy they're continuing that theme and granting us easier access to them. I've still not yet beaten BDSP so the Battle Tower isn't anywhere near my to-do list just yet, but it does seem daunting so good that this'll make things simpler.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
With current rumours from Khu still proving he's legit (he also just got the Masters 8 right for the anime just now) these are the the two most recent ones.

There will be a regional variant of at least one of the bovine Pokemon, like Tauros, Miltank or Bouffalant. Due to a picture of a bullfight with the bull pasted 3 times over and being listed as a hint for a regional variant.

The other one was a series of numbers and it seemed someone cracked it.

zcwilxr4tsx81.png

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
With current rumours from Khu still proving he's legit (he also just got the Masters 8 right for the anime just now) these are the the two most recent ones.

There will be a regional variant of at least one of the bovine Pokemon, like Tauros, Miltank or Bouffalant. Due to a picture of a bullfight with the bull pasted 3 times over and being listed as a hint for a regional variant.

The other one was a series of numbers and it seemed someone cracked it.

zcwilxr4tsx81.png
Are these leaks from that creditable leaker? Or is it just random leaks with a leaker unknown?

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd want Quagsire to get a regional variant because Wooper is so cute and happy but I wouldn't hate Whishcash or Palpitoad getting something

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Are these leaks from that creditable leaker? Or is it just random leaks with a leaker unknown?
Its from Khu, however its someone else solving his riddle.

Although many people are coming to the same conclusion that the numbers posted on the right from Khu translate to water/ground type.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Its from Khu, however its someone else solving his riddle.

Although many people are coming to the same conclusion that the numbers posted on the right from Khu translate to water/ground type.
Ic
Well if it’s true then it’s not so exciting to me..
I wonder if he will post new leaks soon if at all..:(
I wi want to hear more about new Pokemon or characters
Or if we will have gyms ?..

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Ic
Well if it’s true then it’s not so exciting to me..
I wonder if he will post new leaks soon if at all..:(
I wi want to hear more about new Pokemon or characters
Or if we will have gyms ?..
I don’t expect much until June at least. That’s why I’m playing safe with the legendary mascots and region name as they tend to be among the first things revealed other than starters.

Luthor

I'd want Quagsire to get a regional variant because Wooper is so cute and happy but I wouldn't hate Whishcash or Palpitoad getting something

Any of those I think would be excellent choices all are Pokemon which I think would be a lot more fun to use with a regional form. One additional one I could see is Gastrodon its also water/ground type and while ordinarily I'd assume a Pokemon with 2 forms already is less likely to get a regional form, however Gastrodon has odd pokedex entries in both sun and moon both for east sea.
"A team of researchers is scouring the oceans of the world in search of a Gastrodon in a color never seen before" Sun
"Experiments are being conducted to discover what happens when a Gastrodon is raised in a location other than the sea where it was born"Moon

Those two pokedex entries are ones I've always thought seemed odd and these two were done the same gen that regional forms came in. I've just always wondered if it might be a hint to a later form they were planning. Its probably unconnected but seems like fair speculation until we have something more concrete.

Orphalesion

Gastrodon in general has a nice design and concept, so I'd love to see what they come up with. Some Nudibranches look like they have leaves or flowers on their bodies (look like I know it's not, it's just looks kinda like it) so...why not a Water/Grass Gastrodon?

Dragon Pulse

Gastrodon in general has a nice design and concept, so I'd love to see what they come up with. Some Nudibranches look like they have leaves or flowers on their bodies (look like I know it's not, it's just looks kinda like it) so...why not a Water/Grass Gastrodon?
That reminds me of fan art I saw of a Gastrodon variant that was Water/Dragon, based off of the blue sea dragon (blue glaucus).

Status
Not open for further replies.