• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Every time I see this thread has new replies my heart beats cuz maybe we have new leaks:(

Anyway, did the leaker say anything about gyms?

Orphalesion

Addendum to my earlier message:

Apparently there IS a sea slug that absorbs chloroplasts from the algae it consumes. It gives those (vaguely leaf shaped) flaps on its body a green colour and actually allows the animal to gain energy from photosynthesis!
That thing screams to become a Water/Grass Pokemon, either through a regional form of Gastrodon, or through a new Pokemon!

Luthor

Gastrodon in general has a nice design and concept, so I'd love to see what they come up with. Some Nudibranches look like they have leaves or flowers on their bodies (look like I know it's not, it's just looks kinda like it) so...why not a Water/Grass Gastrodon?

I don't see why they couldn't. Let's be honest there's Pokemon with much less reason to be various types. They could easily have it grow plantlife on it. One other thing I could see as an option is Grass/Ground and either take the Hisuian Quilfish approach (still live in water but have other types more prominent) or become completely terrestrial.

That reminds me of fan art I saw of a Gastrodon variant that was Water/Dragon, based off of the blue sea dragon (blue glaucus).

Its a cool idea. Water/Dragon is generally a good type after all.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Gastrodon doesn't even need a regional variant, it could just go the Basculin path and receive regular new forms, North and South Sea being the most obvious options.
(West) Gastrodon is my fav Sinnoh mon, so I would totally be in for the extra cardinal directions getting their own forms, particularly if hey get a different typing from West/East.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I feel like many of these fake leaks re based on fake leaks that are also based on fake leaks.

I really hope we get something this month. :(

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I feel like many of these fake leaks re based on fake leaks that are also based on fake leaks.

I really hope we get something this month. :(
Not if its from Khu.

Literally everything he posts has come true. Happened for gen 7, happened for the entirety of Legends Arceus' pokedex, regional forms and characters plus gimmicks/mechanics. As well as even the anime.

The solving of it could be wrong, but Khu's info is authentic.

Which now that I think of it, means if he's getting info correct about the anime as well as the games, his source is someone in the Pokemon Company itself and not Game Freak like some have thought.

janejane6178

Not if its from Khu.

Literally everything he posts has come true. Happened for gen 7, happened for the entirety of Legends Arceus' pokedex, regional forms and characters plus gimmicks/mechanics. As well as even the anime.

Which now that I think of it, means if he's getting info correct about the anime as well as the games, his source is someone in the Pokemon Company itself and not Game Freak like some have thought.
How riddles help? We can just speculate on it and not know if it’s what he meant. Like the water ground Pokemon. I looked at his recent riddle and it’s just ridiculous. I prefer leaks like the one of Ben Afflen which says black on white what we r going to get and not using riddles which are beyond recognisable

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Not if its from Khu.

Oh I know about Khu. I'm referring to those leaks that piggyback off of other leaks that many people thought to be credible (majority of which are from 4chan).

About the anime "leak", it's been floating around the net before he posted it, and the original wasn't him.

Nodame

Misty <3
This time, once GF starts the reveal season, I intend to follow only the officially released information and avoid the leaks (except the starters evo, since I find that a crucial point to know before starting the game and GF never releases those before the game is out).

I am old enough to be a Gen1-aged fan, and I always followed the leaks for every game, so this time will be the first time in 20 years I will try to avoid them (probably will fail miserably, but for now I can hope), so for once I am glad the person with access to the information is only willing to divulge them in the most possibly vague and useless way.

And since I am on this subject, the other thing I intend to do differently this time is not decide my team before starting the game. That's how I played the first 3 generations, but since Gen IV I started deciding my team before starting the game and... well... I just realized that probably takes away a lot from the fun of "exploring" the new region since experimenting the many new pokémon is a huge part of it (instead of just boxing everything that is not those 6 I decided to use).
I just noticed that probably the reason why I had so much fun with Sun (in a way I never had with a pokémon game since I was a kid) was because the team I decided to use was composed of not 6, but 11 pokémon. So in a way, even though I had a team decided beforehand, I sort of emulated the feeling of "experimenting a lot of things", so for SV I decided to go back to the basic and just pick everything I like and see what stays.
I always wanted to experience a new Gen blindly but I always fail miserably. I can’t stay away from the internet until November and I’m just too excited for leaks. :(

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So there are some rumors that the new mechanic in Scarlet/Violet will be a mechanic that alters the typing of certain Pokemon during a battle, altering the appearance of some Pokemon too.

It's unlikely to be true, but hypothetically, if it were true, how would you guys feel about this mechanic?

janejane6178

So there are some rumors that the new mechanic in Scarlet/Violet will be a mechanic that alters the typing of certain Pokemon during a battle, altering the appearance of some Pokemon too.

It's unlikely to be true, but hypothetically, if it were true, how would you guys feel about this mechanic?
It sounds boring to me
I would rather they bring back mega evo

Nodame

Misty <3

I don’t think we need such mechanic. I mean if it involves form change, then I don’t mind. Though, it will be too much like regional variants :/

Orphalesion

Honestly I don't like temporary form changes, that's why I don't like Mega Evolution. Too many Megas could have been proper evolutions instead.
My favourite gimmick so far were Z-Moves, because every Pokemon could have those and they didn't waste any time making temporary form changes instead of proper new Pokemon.
So right now I hope that if the "type change" is a thing that they just change the colour of a Pokemon (for example Pikachu turning blue if it becomes Water type). I think that's something that could be programmed to be created procedurally.

janejane6178

I honestly just want actual news, or actual leaks. Riddles are so easily misunderstood that it's just not fun...

I wonder if the leaker will say anything about gyms or new characters?...

I’m honestly sick of seeing gimmicks like mega evolution and dynamax.

I’d rather the developers spend more time in improving the battle system (more detailed battle animation, minimal turn based attacks, new moves etc), fleshing out the story more, creating actual post-game content, working on the game graphics.

3 generations of gimmicks are actually tiring. The gimmicks are the NEW fire/fighting starter and it’s getting too frustrating.

janejane6178

I’m honestly sick of seeing gimmicks like mega evolution and dynamax.

I’d rather the developers spend more time in improving the battle system (more detailed battle animation, minimal turn based attacks, new moves etc), fleshing out the story more, creating actual post-game content, working on the game graphics.

3 generations of gimmicks are actually tiring. The gimmicks are the NEW fire/fighting starter and it’s getting too frustrating.
I actually like mega evolution but the later gimmicks were just pushing it imo….
Agree with every word if excluding mega evo

treatyofversigh

I prefer dynamaxing to z-moves and mega evolution, mostly because of the lack of a required item (and because it combines both mega evolution and z-moves into one thing, kinda). I almost never used z-moves because I preferred to use other items- I did like mega evolution, though I thought it was a little too... Digimon-y? I love Digimon, don't get me wrong, but I don't play Pokemon to digivolve my party, haha. I don't think I'd mind another gimmick, especially considering I don't necessarily have to use it, but I probably wouldn't like it if there was a required item (like the mega stones or z crysals). I think the concept of a third type is really interesting but I'm a bit concerned about how well it could actually be implemented. It'd have to be a select few Pokemon, right? Implementing that for the entire dex (unless the entire regional dex was more the size of gen 1 or gen 5 and you could only do it with the regional Pokemon) seems kinda hard, unless they do what Orphalesion said and just did like, color changing to reflect type changes.

Orphalesion

Maybe it wouldn't even be a colour change, maybe they just get some sort of "aura" that's kinda like the type backgrounds in Go. Like if a Pokemon becomes water type it just has bubbles floating around it, if it becomes fire type there's little flames, electric has lighting crackling etc.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Maybe it wouldn't even be a colour change, maybe they just get some sort of "aura" that's kinda like the type backgrounds in Go. Like if a Pokemon becomes water type it just has bubbles floating around it, if it becomes fire type there's little flames, electric has lighting crackling etc.

Sounds like a really dumb gimmick, honestly.

That's basically just giving all pokemon Protean, which dilutes Protean.

Status
Not open for further replies.