• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The teaser have too many elements that can relate to multiple themes. We have:
- maps and globes pointing at cartography;
- many books and a typewriter hinting at literature perhaps;
- a chest full with chalices, golden coins, jewelry and gold bars;
- at least five clocks and a hourglass;
- different types of stones in exhibition,
5 themes just in those I listed and I am sure I missed many elements in the trailer (there's also a telescope, a weird silver object I have no idea what is supposed to be...).

Rather than trying to guess what is relevant and what is flourish, I am more curious about the elements that are obvious references to things in the game like the symbol thrown over a chair, the other one that is framed and, of course, the orange and grape coat-of-arms that are clearly also the embroideries in the main character uniforms (which makes me optimistic the rival schools theory will be right).
A collage in case someone missed those:
nRnB3Iz.png

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Theme is Past vs Future. Reveal trailer with the guy walking in a high tech building and then through a door into a rustical and old looking room with old stuff mixed with new stuff (like the old stereo with the nearby futuristic headphones).

Logos are the same. Scarlet one looks old, the Violet one futuristic. So I asume the Legends are the Past Pokemon who can change the past and the Future Pokemon who can determite everything what will happen in the future.

Now you can argue about Dialga being the Time Pokemon and that time is already done in earlier gamed but Celebi and time plot already existed before DP so...

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The leaker is not nice. He isn’t sharing much if at all. I wonder if the games will be good

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Theme is Past vs Future. Reveal trailer with the guy walking in a high tech building and then through a door into a rustical and old looking room with old stuff mixed with new stuff (like the old stereo with the nearby futuristic headphones).

Logos are the same. Scarlet one looks old, the Violet one futuristic. So I asume the Legends are the Past Pokemon who can change the past and the Future Pokemon who can determite everything what will happen in the future.

Now you can argue about Dialga being the Time Pokemon and that time is already done in earlier gamed but Celebi and time plot already existed before DP so...
I think that theme would be better suited for a region based on the U.S. state of California.

Bus

That was done before on a smaller scale in Black 2 & White 2. I forget the name of the town, but in Black, it was a more futuristic/modern looking town and in White it was more rustic & nature oriented. You think they'd reuse that theme and apply it to an entire game? That seems really hard to pull off only a few years after Sword & Shield; its an incredibly big undertaking, even if it were just near endgame temporarily, to change an entire region's aesthetic & design enough to accurately reflect a huge shift in time period.

I mean, unless it was limited to pocket areas like in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (certain worlds had areas that were distorted by time; random bits of level clearly stuck in the past; some areas constantly shifting between past & present to create/destroy platforming opportunities, etc). It would be amazing if they would pull this off, but I kinda doubt it. I mean, I love Pokemon, I always have fun playing it, but they have never really implemented something that huge to a part of the game that wasn't the battle system before. The only major changes pokemon have ever really gotten all had to do with the pokemon and battling itself (adding 'abilities', 'Hidden Abilities', the Physical/Special Split, adding Dark, Steel, & Fairy types, Regional Variants, Regional Evolutions, Mega Evolutions, Z moves, Dyna/Gigamaxing). As much as I'd love to see it, I dont see them really focusing that heavily on an aspect of the game that isn't directly tied to the core mechanic of the game (Catching, Collecting, Battling). Even the current rumor of this game's 'gimmick' is centered totally on the battle aspect of the game.

As far as Dialga & Celebi go, they are actually different; they don't both manage over time. Dialga does, of course, but Celebi is the 'forest protector' like Lugia is of the seas and can travel through time; it doesn't necessarily 'control' time & oversee it like Dialga. Small distinction, I know (maybe even a nitpick) but it does actually make it different from Dialga (probably why most people don't really question it).

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
As far as Dialga & Celebi go, they are actually different; they don't both manage over time. Dialga does, of course, but Celebi is the 'forest protector' like Lugia is of the seas and can travel through time; it doesn't necessarily 'control' time & oversee it like Dialga. Small distinction, I know (maybe even a nitpick) but it does actually make it different from Dialga (probably why most people don't really question it).
Ye, Celebi is just a time traveling forest guardian.

Meanwhile Dialga is the embodiment of time and can control it as such around itself and travel through it as well by controlling it.

Remember though, just because we see clocks doesn't mean the legendaries will have time powers, they just could be related to an aspect of time.

Perhaps one legendary destroys things that are old, while another destroys things that are new? Both trying to preserve the opposite? Maybe they are tied to two contrasting seasons of the region's years? Maybe they just emerge at a specific time every couple of decades to either wreck havoc or bless the land?

Or maybe it has nothing to do with clocks at all, we'll have to see.

Ultra Beast Lover

Well, in the trailer the security guard vanishes. Maybe one is able to show/bring people to the future while the other rewinds things and sends them to the past. The treasures could represent exploring, the spider web design on the shirt could be the evil team...

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The leaker is not nice. He isn’t sharing much if at all. I wonder if the games will be good

I would not relate anything from the amount that has been 'leaked/rumoured' from Khu to the quality of the games.

The guy just doesn't have much because apparently his source doesn't have much until June.

Putting too much emphasis on it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Ye, Celebi is just a time traveling forest guardian.

Meanwhile Dialga is the embodiment of time and can control it as such around itself and travel through it as well by controlling it.

Remember though, just because we see clocks doesn't mean the legendaries will have time powers, they just could be related to an aspect of time.

Perhaps one legendary destroys things that are old, while another destroys things that are new? Both trying to preserve the opposite? Maybe they are tied to two contrasting seasons of the region's years? Maybe they just emerge at a specific time every couple of decades to either wreck havoc or bless the land?

Or maybe it has nothing to do with clocks at all, we'll have to see.
That pretty much is the difference between Dialga and Celebi. Dialga has complete control over time and can choose to stop or rewind it if it wanted to. Celebi is only a time traveling being that can move freely in time but it can’t stop or restart time itself. It’s sort of like Dr Who where it can be anywhere at any given time and go forward or backwards in time and maybe alter some future events by affecting the past but it can’t change any events that has already happened in any timeline’s version of the present or future without needing to go back in time even further to prevent it. Celebi can’t restore the Burned Tower from its present state by rewinding time in the very same location. Only Dialga could do that

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Seems a random 4chan "leaker' called today's Pokemon Go news for Ultra Beasts update and people are now thinking there will be a Presents on the 26th because he also said that would happen. His "leak" was posted yesterday.

Says it show the starters and some random Pokemon he couldn't bother to remember, region is called Trianta.

I'd take this with the tiniest grain of salt.

Meanwhile Khu commented on a Masters update which shows Cynthia & Kommo-O with N & Zekrom, stating that Masters just showed the box legendaries.

Going back to that the legendary duo will be Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric.

The Head Honchkrow

If there was really gonna be a Presents on Thursday they would have announced it by now
The 26th is Friday, so I guess they could confirm it tomorrow, but I have my doubts.
The first presentation for Sw/Sh was announced a week prior, so the more likely event is that we'll get a confirmation of a Pokémon Presents anytime from Friday to Monday, with the actual presentation happening the following week.

Last edited:

Autobot N

I remember some trailers without any announcment back in SM and SwSh era
Yeah but those were trailers, this is (supposedly) a full Presents livestream. Which IIRC, we've never had a Presents announced less than 2 days before it came out. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

The 26th is Friday, so I guess they could confirm it tomorrow, but I have my doubts.
The first presentation for Sw/Sh was announced a week prior, so the more likely event is that we'll get a confirmation of a Pokémon Presents anytime from Friday to Monday, with the actual presentation happening the following week.
Today is Tuesday the 24th. 2 days from now is Thursday the 26th

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope we get a trailer on the 26th, that's my birthday, but I won't hold my breath
Today's the 24th

The Head Honchkrow

Yeah but those were trailers, this is (supposedly) a full Presents livestream. Which IIRC, we've never had a Presents announced less than 2 days before it came out. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Nvm then I'm dumb lol.
In any case, there is the possibility they could announce it tomorrow, but as I said, I have my doubts.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

There were few announced a day before based on Bulbapedia:

June 6 2017
February 27 2019
June 17 2020

Most interesting was 30 May 2018:
The Pokémon 2018 Video Game Press Conference (Japanese: ポケモン新作発表会 Pokémon New Work Announcement) was was a live press conference announced and held on May 30, 2018, announcing the spin-off game Pokémon Quest for the Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, the core series title Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! for Nintendo Switch, as well as a future core series title for 2019.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The 26th is Thursday in Japan. Due to different time zones, Japan is usually a day ahead of the USA.

Autobot N

There were few announced a day before based on Bulbapedia:

June 6 2017
February 27 2019
June 17 2020

Most interesting was 30 May 2018:
The Pokémon 2018 Video Game Press Conference (Japanese: ポケモン新作発表会 Pokémon New Work Announcement) was was a live press conference announced and held on May 30, 2018, announcing the spin-off game Pokémon Quest for the Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, the core series title Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! for Nintendo Switch, as well as a future core series title for 2019.
Cool, I stand corrected. I still don't think anything comes of this though

Status
Not open for further replies.