• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Honchkrow

It's funny when you consider since SWSH there's been an uproar in the community for GF to stop doing annual games, since the annual schedule would be the reason for the low quality in the games.

I wonder how the fanbase would handle having a "regular game franchise" schedule, where a game is announced and 1 year (at the absolute very least) goes by before you get any new information.
100% agree with this observation.
Like, imagine if, instead of Detective Pikachu 2 being in development limbo, it was Scarlet & Violet. I feel like a lot of fans would drive themselves insane over it, which I don't think is a healthy attitude.

Last edited:

Litleonid

So I'm still hoping we don't have to wait for much longer for SV news. A few dates to think about.

June 4th and 5th are Pokemon Go Fest
June 8th is the 2nd episode of Hisuian Snow
June 9th is Delphox's release for Unite.

4th and 5th are the weekend so veeeery unlikely, though I'm sure they'd wanna use a Presents to promote Go Fest. 8th is unlikely cause of Hisuian Snow. Hoping the 1st or 2nd.

Last edited:

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
There'll be a lot of gaming events this month, I don't think the pokémon company would like them to overlap with a pokémon presents (at least with the bigger ones)

Announced events coming in June:

June 2: PlayStation: State of Play
June 9: Summer Game Fest / Day of the Devs
June 10: Netflix Geeked Week: Games
June 10: Tribeca Games Showcase
June 12: Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase

Litleonid

There'll be a lot of gaming events this month, I don't think the pokémon company would like them to overlap with a pokémon presents (at least with the bigger ones)

Really hope none of this pushes SV news even further into June, or it means June 1st. The wait is starting to get annoying.

Autobot N

If game companies cared about overlap they wouldn't have all gone to E3 at the same time in previous years. Nintendo doesn't care what the other game companies do, especially since Pokemon is a much larger and more popular franchise than anything those companies have to offer

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

The Pokémon Company isn't worried about overlapping. They won't lose viewers, fans or income from it. The game has already been revealed, so they don't have to convince anyone. Those who are already interested will tune in, and those who are not yet convinced will find out about it eventually.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I also wonder about how they gonna handle the traditional June Nintendo Direct since there's no E3 this year, this might affect pokemon news more than any other gaming event

I don't think we ever got huge pokémon news in these directs, but who knows at this point, to me it seems unlikely to get both a direct and a pokémon presents in the same month (I can't remember that ever happening but I may be wrong)

Litleonid

I also wonder about how they gonna handle the traditional June Nintendo Direct since there's no E3 this year, this might affect pokemon news more than any other gaming event

I don't think we ever got huge pokémon news in these directs, but who knows at this point, to me it seems unlikely to get both a direct and a pokémon presents in the same month (I can't remember that ever happening but I may be wrong)
For Gen VIII, we did get news in the Directs. In the 2019 E3 Direct, they did show off Nessa and her gym. In the September 2019 Direct, they did show a couple new Pokemon and features.

The Head Honchkrow

Yeah, I don't think "overlap" is something that TPCi pays any mind to; iirc, the presentation that revealed BD/SP and Arceus also happened on the same day as one of Sony's States of Play.
Anyway, I believe these next few days should indicate something one way or the other, as I reckon the first Presents going over these games will be announced in advance. By the same token, I don't think this Presents will be a shadow-drop. If we hear nothing by Tuesday, then we should prepare ourselves to wait a bit longer.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Not that it really is important.

But some clarification about the May 26th rumour from Khu's original image riddle.

Seems the 26 was in reference to the box legendaries being the 25th and 26th legendary Pokemon (not including sub-legendaries and mythicals)

Also I had posted this but was kind of overlooked. If true, like Khu's past pokedex leak, then gen 1 and 2 make up a small amount of the dex. Giving more room to gens 3-8. With the recent focus on gen 4, I also believe they will be limited in these games.

This was done by comparing past dex leak setup and matching it to the visible portion of the leaked dex img file on Khu's desktop. Matching visible colors to types and placement to national dex numbering. The spacing is just an estimation used to figure out scale from what is originally visible.

We have seen Pikachu, Persian, Golduck, Blissey, Jumpluff, Pelipper and Altaria lines in the trailer after all as well.

But this would also mean Charizard gets a new form/special version of the new gimmick just like SWSH.
The ones with multiple lines or question marks are estimations relating to national dex placement, since both Sandslash and Dugtrio lines fit the placement between Raichu and Persian.

e5hNdJf.png

Last edited:

Autobot N

And before anyone mentions Hisuian Forms being available in the wild because they're supposedly in the Dex, it's probably just for compatibility's sake like how Persian and Cofagrigus were part of the Galar Dex despite their pre-evolved Galar forms having alternate evolutions

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
And before anyone mentions Hisuian Forms being available in the wild because they're supposedly in the Dex, it's probably just for compatibility's sake like how Persian and Cofagrigus were part of the Galar Dex despite their pre-evolved Galar forms having alternate evolutions
My thoughts exactly.

Autobot N

On that note since Hisuian Zoroark is able to be put in the game we can probably expect regular Zoroark to be a part of the Pokedex

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If Raichu is available, wouldn't that mean that you can also use Alolan Raichu in the game?
Yes, but because I believe Alolan Raichu takes the same place as Raichu it isn't placed separately on this chart.

Unlike Perrserker, Overqwil and Sneasler.

Hisuian Arcanine and Alolan Persian would also be in the game if true.

I'm pretty sure all the Pokemon needed to be able to trade in Hisuian Forms will be available in gen 9.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yes, but because I believe Alolan Raichu takes the same place as Raichu it isn't placed separately on this chart.

Unlike Perrserker, Overqwil and Sneasler.

Hisuian Arcanine and Alolan Persian would also be in the game if true.

I'm pretty sure all the Pokemon needed to be able to trade in Hisuian Forms will be available in gen 9.

From the looks of the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if most (if not all) of the Hisuian dex ends up in Scarlet & Violet.

The first half of the game footage showed only pokemon that can be obtained in Pokémon Legends (which is why I thought it was Legends DLC). I don't think that was by coincidence.

Autobot N

From the looks of the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if most (if not all) of the Hisuian dex ends up in Scarlet & Violet.

The first half of the game footage showed only pokemon that can be obtained in Pokémon Legends (which is why I thought it was Legends DLC). I don't think that was by coincidence.
It makes sense to have compatibility for the Hisuian Forms in this game, to let people be able to use them in a "regular" Pokemon game

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Besides the Hisuian forms that haven't been in a regular battle system. We have the "forbidden 60" Pokemon that haven't been in a mainline game since USUM, and we also have regular Samurott (last in USUM), and Alolan Geodude, A. Rattata, A. Grimer that haven't appear since Let's Go.

Autobot N

Besides the Hisuian forms that haven't been in a regular battle system. We have the "forbidden 60" Pokemon that haven't been in a mainline game since USUM, and we also have regular Samurott (last in USUM), and Alolan Geodude, A. Rattata, A. Grimer that haven't appear since Let's Go.
Which Pokemon are in the Forbidden 60?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Which Pokemon are in the Forbidden 60?
Listing just the base forms:
Snivy, Tepig, Patrat, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Blitzle, Sewaddle, Ducklett, Deerling, Alomamola, Tynamo, Meloetta, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabebe, Skiddo, Furfou, Hoopa, Pikipek, Yungoos, Crabrawler, Oricorio, Minior, Komala, Bruxish.

Edit: Actually, what I listed only gives 58. Let me check something...
Edit 2: Forgot Patrat. That makes 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.