• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

What does the range mean? Are they saying it's 300 at launch and 500 with DLC? Are they estimating? A range of values for a regional dex doesn't make much sense, it's a concrete value that doesn't change aside from when they add extra content.
And if it is a range, it's broad to the point of being useless. We can safely assume that the Regional Dex will fall within those numbers regardless, as that's within the parameters we've been dealing with since X and Y.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
What does the range mean? Are they saying it's 300 at launch and 500 with DLC? Are they estimating? A range of values for a regional dex doesn't make much sense, it's a concrete value that doesn't change aside from when they add extra content.
Heard something about a "regional dex" or something like that like in BDSP. Guess there are about 250 Pokemon aviable until post-game and then more Pokemon appear in the overworld and additional areas and he guess its somewhere between 300 and 500 in total.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It was not elaborated so I don't know.

Who could have possibly expected this
Considering Parudeya was next to Kalos, some assumed that we might get to visit at least Southern Kalos.

Autobot N

It was not elaborated so I don't know.

Considering Parudeya was next to Kalos, some assumed that we might get to visit at least Southern Kalos.
It was never a realistic assumption, only twice have we ever been able to visit another region in a main series game, and one of them was a remake of the first so they obviously weren't going to remove that. People speculated just a few years ago that we were totally gonna get to visit Kalos in the SWSH postgame because England and France are close and share a bunch of history, and it didn't happen. Barring another Johto remake I'm never expecting to have 2 regions in a game again

KKS-Lapras

If the leaks are legit, and if as they say there's no new Eeveelution, that is very disappointing.

Litleonid

If the leaks are legit, and if as they say there's no new Eeveelution, that is very disappointing.
I don't understand why they've been avoiding new ones. Its an easy marketable Pokemon and Eevee is meant to be a secondary mascot. They know how beloved the Eeveelutions are.

KKS-Lapras

I don't understand why they've been avoiding new ones. Its an easy marketable Pokemon and Eevee is meant to be a secondary mascot. They know how beloved the Eeveelutions are.
And it's long over due. The people saying they'll never been new Eeveelutions are kidding themselves, Gamefreak knows how marketable they are. It's just a shame this Gen would have been the perfect time, it's been 9 years since Sylveon was introduced, it would have been the 9th Eeveelution, it's the 9th generation, the region is literally the neighbor of Kalos where Sylveon was introduced.

Litleonid

Also, I'm hearing two things right now. We've heard the rumors of SV having a trailer shadow dropped tomorrow, but what concerns me is I'm ALSO hearing rumors of Bayonetta 3 news from someone who might possibly be credible. It kinda concerns me that we won't get it cause...Would they really have both in one day?

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
so, a masquerade motif for Sprigatito's evos? that could be interesting. the leaked image seems plausible to me, the body looks like it still has a greenish tint to it and I don't think the pink flower is a jarring addition, Sprigatito's eyes are pink after all.

maybe they will reference la Vijanera with this line? it's one of the oldest carnivals in Europe (and the first to happen each year), we know GF likes to nod to that sort of thing... and some of the traditional masks they use have that upturned-V shape we can see in the leak. I can't really see how that would relate with the final evo's dark-type, tho.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
  • Region name is PARUDEYA (JP). Has 3 cities, 9 towns

Since the 'ru' in Japanese phonetics usually translates to a 'lu' in English, the English name could be Paludeya.

In Spanish, the word palude refers to a lagoon or pond, particularly one in marshland. In Portugese, palude literally means 'marsh.' Maybe this is the major environment of the region?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Since the 'ru' in Japanese phonetics usually translates to a 'lu' in English, the English name could be Paludeya.

In Spanish, the word palude refers to a lagoon or pond, particularly one in marshland. In Portugese, palude literally means 'marsh.' Maybe this is the major environment of the region?
Some are thinking it'll be a corruption of the word Paideia for the english reveal.

Which is greek for learning, education as well as the educational system.

Makes sense for the prominent school themes as well.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Some are thinking it'll be a corruption of the word Paideia for the english reveal.

Which is greek for learning, education as well as the educational system.

Makes sense for the prominent school themes as well.

Have we received any confirmation that these are schools? I'm just not sure if we did.

KAKA is back and says that some pokemon are hidden. So this probably means DLC which I think we all expected

Where is the account? I think I went to the wrong one. It disappears so often. lol

Marzbar

Potentially unpopular opinion: Murkrow’s current evolution Honchkrow is a badass and competitive enough, Murkrow doesn’t need a different evolution.

If the dolphin Pokémon is true, finally all is right in the Pokémon world. Apart from Sunflora not getting a fire/grass evolution, and Kangaskhan not having a pre-evolution. They are the other bucket list Pokémon demands I’m waiting for.

Rune Knight

My few predictions based on the leaks:

Pawmi Evo - Electric/Fighting
Lechonk Evo - Normal/Rock
Flower Looking Pokémon - Psychic/Grass
Dolphin Pokémon - Water/Fairy (would be the version counterpart to the Flamingo Pokémon)
Flamingo Pokémon - Flying/Fairy (would be the version counterpart to the Dolphin Pokémon)
Girafarig Evo - Psychic/Dark
Dunsparce Evo - Normal/Dragon
Murkrow Evo - Ghost/Flying

New Igglypuff Line Form - Poison/Fairy
New Amoongus Form - Pure Grass (honestly, I have no idea what this thing could be)

Nave

Here's another leak roundup. Spoilered because of long text:

• Region name is PARUDEYA (JP). Has 3 cities, 9 towns
  • Time Warping, only applies to Pokemon (I guess it works like space-time distortion)
  • SV story is "tear jerkingly good"
  • Pokemon Gym Leader types: Bug, Grass, Water, Ice, Electric, Normal, Ghost, Psychic
  • Gym Leaders have "important secrets"
  • The ninja gym leader is male
  • 1 Rival (female), not like Hop
  • 2 Champions(?), both genders
  • No National Dex (it should be obvious by now, seriously)
  • Regional Dex includes 300-500 Pokemon
  • New Pokemon: Pawmi evo, Lechonk evo, flower-looking thing & its evo (via crystal gimmick?), dolphin, flamingo, 4 sub-legendaries, 3rd mascot legendary
  • Absent Pokemon lines: All starters, Milotic, Jynx, Wailord, Metagross, Golurk, Woobat, Toucannon, Aipom, Furfrou
  • Present Pokemon lines: Garchomp, Skwovet, Teddiursa, Houndour, Koffing, Komala, Goodra, Sunflora, Misdreavus
  • New evos for Girafarig, Dunsparce (doesn't fly), Murkrow
  • New forms for Igglybuff(?), Amoonguss
  • No new form for Dodrio, Lugia, Ho-oh
  • No new evolutions for Eevee, Golduck, Sunflora, Delibird
  • Mascot Legends don't have 5 forms
  • No peacock Pokemon
  • No new fossil Pokemon
  • No new types, but will introduce new type combinations
  • There's an Eevee sidequest that Eevee fans will enjoy
  • Gimmick can be used by all Pokemon, and requires a ball-like item given by Nemona
  • You do not visit Kalos post-game
  • Sprigatito's evolution is just "so-so"
  • Fuecoco's evolution does not look like a snake, and does not have an exposed skull in its final evo design
  • Nintendo was seen filming a spot for Pokemon SV at Plaza Del Vino, Girona, Spain
  • Uncertain:
    • If we get 100+ new Pokemon
    • If Quaxly's evo fights with its legs
    • If Kneading is Sprigatito's signature move
    • If Forretress evolves
    • If map size is relative to PLA, SWSH
    • If 3rd Legendary is a dragon
    • If Ursaring, Stantler, or Scyther can evolve into PLA evos
I like the region name. Between that and the story being "tear jerkingly good," we may have the makings of a great generation.
Stoked that we could finally have a dolphin Pokémon, and I'm looking forward to seeing a clearer image of the Lechonk evo.
I'm disappointed that previous starters are apparently not available. I have been dying to use Serperior on a Grassy Terrain team for the first time since Gen 6 when it seemed like I was the only one running terrain. I guess the Serperior - Rillaboom tandem dream is dead.
Surprised that there are no fossil Pokémon. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to introduce some.
Concerned that Sprigatito's final evolution is just "so-so." That was my favourite starter of Gen 9 when they were introduced. I liked all of the base forms, and I guess I naively thought I'd like all of the final evos. But. maybe I'm getting ahead of myself--I still need to seem them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Where is the account? I think I went to the wrong one. It disappears so often. lol
The account is currently deactivated. If someone else is currently posting stuff, then it's not him. I can't post the twitter handle to respect said person's request.

KAKA is back and says that some pokemon are hidden. So this probably means DLC which I think we all expected
See above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.