• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Aren't we a little bit spoiled as Pokémon fans from the older gens? 'Hype Season' only seems to exist with Pokémon games it seems. With other games we usually don't have that much info that Pokémon gave.

They'l drop info when they plan to drop it. I like it better now, than with SuMo, where the whole dex was already spoiled even before the games where even out.
I'm really tired of this argument used to promote the idea that it is ok for Video Game companies, but especially Game Freak with Pokemon because of the type of game it is, to not adequately promote in advance their games. If you want to be surprised, I'm sorry, but stay off the internet, at least the places where spoilers could be present. That isn't trying to be mean, or cynical, it's just a fact. Many people like plan out their playthrough's, and talk out/about things well, in advance of the games coming out. A good intelligent marketing team should be able to keep that crowd happy without going overboard, but in recent years, the trend has been to reveal as little as possible officially, and that should not be treated or seen as acceptable, period.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm really tired of this argument used to promote the idea that it is ok for Video Game companies, but especially Game Freak with Pokemon because of the type of game it is, to not adequately promote in advance their games. If you want to be surprised, I'm sorry, but stay off the internet, at least the places where spoilers could be present. That isn't trying to be mean, or cynical, it's just a fact. Many people like plan out their playthrough's, and talk out/about things well, in advance of the games coming out. A good intelligent marketing team should be able to keep that crowd happy without going overboard, but in recent years, the trend has been to reveal as little as possible officially, and that should not be treated or seen as acceptable, period.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
You are amazing.
THIS.

Orphalesion

I prefer knowing the dex before going in.

Sun and Moon had this weird thing of making the new Pokemon have low encounter rates in the singular places they could be found. One could easily pass Komala, Bruxish, Turtonator and Dhelmise if they weren't promoted.

Agreed! And I know I say that every time a new generation comes around, but for me knowing the dex is also about roleplaying. If I was a kid living in the new region then I'd know about most of the Pokemon living there, what types they are, how they evolve and probably also where to find a good chunk of them.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
People will always ask for more and more. If it's once every 2 months, they want it each month, if it's each moth they want it each 2 weeks, . Companies know fans will buy the game regardless. We don't need monthly updates where you know about all the characters or most of the Pokédex.

I know barely nothing about God of War, but I'm hyped AF about that game. Same with Hogwarts Mysteries.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
And we know the Dex pretty much beforehand these days due to Dataminers and sites like Serebii. We don't need a marketing team publushing biweekly video's.

falconlord

Aren't we a little bit spoiled as Pokémon fans from the older gens? 'Hype Season' only seems to exist with Pokémon games it seems. With other games we usually don't have that much info that Pokémon gave.

They'l drop info when they plan to drop it. I like it better now, than with SuMo, where the whole dex was already spoiled even before the games where even out.

No. Most fandoms are like this, if not worse.

Orphalesion

And Minior
And Mareanie

Sun and Moon was kinda bad about hiding the new Pokemon.

And also, especially in newer gens there's weird or very specific evolution criteria you are unlikely to "disocover" by yourself, like Malamar or, even more so, Sirfetch'd and Runerigus.
Some of the Hisui evolutions also have weird requirements, though I guess a lot of them can be obtained "by accident"

Ultra Beast Lover

3 cities and 9 towns, that's twelve places to explore. Eight of those towns/cities are going to be where the gyms are leaving four places without a gym, if the leak is accurate. I believe this'll be the first time since XY that a town outside of the starting town didn't have a gym. I hope they're all fleshed out.

I'm not sure on Pawmi's evolution, if it's real. It looks a little too much like Pawmi.

KKS-Lapras

People will always ask for more and more. If it's once every 2 months, they want it each month, if it's each moth they want it each 2 weeks, . Companies know fans will buy the game regardless. We don't need monthly updates where you know about all the characters or most of the Pokédex.

I know barely nothing about God of War, but I'm hyped AF about that game. Same with Hogwarts Mysteries.
Comparing Pokemon to God of War, think about that for a moment. They two totally different types of game, in terms of structure,story, mechanics, playable characters, etc. Pokemon is in large part a collection game, a team building game. That's why it's promotion and advanced revealing should be different.

Autobot N

And Mareanie

Sun and Moon was kinda bad about hiding the new Pokemon.

And also, especially in newer gens there's weird or very specific evolution criteria you are unlikely to "disocover" by yourself, like Malamar or, even more so, Sirfetch'd and Runerigus.
Some of the Hisui evolutions also have weird requirements, though I guess a lot of them can be obtained "by accident"
Eh Sirfetch'd I think is reasonably obtainable, wild Farfetch'd can spawn holding the Leek and if you use a move with an increased crit ratio it auto crits, so it's not too Farfetch'd for that to happen in a battle.

Runerigus on the other hand, literally no one is discovering that without the internet

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Eh Sirfetch'd I think is reasonably obtainable, wild Farfetch'd can spawn holding the Leek and if you use a move with an increased crit ratio it auto crits, so it's not too Farfetch'd for that to happen in a battle.

Runerigus on the other hand, literally no one is discovering that without the internet
Runrigus and evolution methods like that should have little npc dialogue quests to connect the dots.

BTW wanted to bring this up again, this is apparently our actual rival. But Like Wally, Hau and Hop. With Nemona being more of this gen's Cheren, Lillie/Gladian and Marnie.

3 colored hair to represent starter types. Wonder if they'll be an insufferable know it all, which would be different

FXZTbpHWQAM4XIC

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Runrigus and evolution methods like that should have little npc dialogue quests to connect the dots.

BTW wanted to bring this up again, this is apparently our actual rival. But Like Wally, Hau and Hop. With Nemona being more of this gen's Cheren, Lillie/Gladian and Marnie.

3 colored hair to represent starter types. Wonder if they'll be an insufferable know it all, which would be different

FXZTbpHWQAM4XIC
Lol the green is part of his hair? Someone needs a makeover asap..

Orphalesion

Considering how many NPCs seem to have multi-coloured hair in this, I kinda wonder if that option will be available for the player character.

Autobot N

Lol the green is part of his hair? Someone needs a makeover asap..
I heard she's a girl but I don't remember where I saw that

Considering how many NPCs seem to have multi-coloured hair in this, I kinda wonder if that option will be available for the player character.
Even the next FE game has a multi-hair-colored protagonist if the leaks are true, seems to be popular these days

Kerhelion

The background looks like a window with curtains and I assumed the green was a plant.

Kaka indeed said she is female (and the blue haired GL male btw).

Status
Not open for further replies.