• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Oh no... the true villain was standardized tests all along!

Honestly I don't mind this being a school setting and having things like tests in the game, it gives us extra world building. Now we get to learn what the education system is like. I bet it'll somehow be better than the one in the real world.

Ultra Beast Lover

Man if school was combined with a Pokemon journey, think I would of gotten math down easier.
Same.

Maybe that's this world's secret, they make students care about the subjects by making it Pokemon related. Maybe the past protagonists' journeys have been a part of advanced classes, the gyms are tests, and beating the Champion is the final exam. The evil team is just extra credit.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Is Quaxly’s hidden ability going to be “Expecto Patronum?”
Lol although horse patronus’ are awesome, I’m assuming it’d have more of a connection to Zeus and his horse fish beasts

edit: i meant Poseidon, god of the sea, storms, earthquakes, and horses as the basis of a water horse power

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
or Don Quixote, since this is Poke-Spain. So it could just be a horse.
wow idk what i was thinking when i posted and i said zeus... I meant Poseidon and how he is god of horses as well

but also Don Quixote obviously works too. I just mean the summoning of the water horse in general though, not the whole character basis.

KKS-Lapras

This leaker is kidding themselves if they think blurring images is going to protect them from legal trouble. It's the reason Khu doesn't leak in this way. He may be crude and his methods frustrating, but he leaves himself just enough wiggle room to avoid legal trouble.

Orphalesion

I'm not surprised Paldea reminds people of so many works. It has a very classical Ancient Greek/Latin "shape"
And since a lot of words we use today are derived from those languages...

Kangaflora

Well either way, we are getting close to finding out the English name for the new Region. And the idea of doing exams within the game could prove useful for those taking an actual exam at the end of the year. Hopefully we customise our character, as I really want to swap out the shorts for trousers.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder what these interviews, classes, and exams will entail. Is each gym perhaps a school that you have to do an interview for? Perhaps it is appropriate that I've recently fallen in love with Spy X Family. Am I going to need to be crazy prepared and bring three different changes of clothes for the interviews?

Oh, one of the rumors mentioned three ways to get to the ending, right? What if the three ways are: beating the evil team, fighting gym leaders, and doing the classes. In that case, I hope you can do all three ways in a single playthrough, the website did say you could do stuff in any order. Because if this is the case then I'll do the school route first, then I'll go on the journey and fight the gyms and the evil team. Oh, or maybe I can roleplay a kid who went on a journey, saved the world, then decided to retire and go to school.

Of course, another way it could work is that you go to classes normally but you also have the option of going on field trips to any city with your class. In that case it's a literal example of the wake up, go to school, save the world trope.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Okay. Here's a much better leak roundup so far. Not including Blaines' misinformation.

Region/Gameplay Info
  • Region/Gameplay Info
  • Parudeya (JP) Region. Has 3 cities and 9 towns.
  • Gyms can be done in any order, but the teams/levels don't change.
  • Pokemon Gym Leader types: Bug, Grass, Water, Ice, Electric, Normal, Ghost, Psychic.
  • Gym Leaders have "important secrets".
  • Each gym can be cleared twice in the main game.
  • The ninja-like gym leader is male.
  • Rival is a red-haired female that is not like Hop.
  • There is an Elite Four.
  • One of the E4 is a kid (context unclear; leaker might be "kidding").
  • Types used by E4 does not overlap those of Gym Leaders.
  • Champion's gender depends on the game's version.
  • There are classes, interviews and exams in the game.
  • SV's story is "tear jerkingly good"
  • SV has multiple endings. There are a total of 3 routes. Finishing all 3 leads to the true ending.
  • You do not visit Kalos post-game.
  • Limited clothing options which are mostly just school uniforms, hats and glasses (from what the leaker have seen at least).
  • There is a "Time Warping" feature that only applies to Pokemon.
  • No new types, but will introduce new type combinations.
  • No National Dex.
  • No difficulty settings.
  • There is DLC.
  • No returning characters.

General Pokemon Info
  • Regional Pokedex has around 400 Pokemon
  • There is an Eevee sidequest that Eevee fans will enjoy.
  • All previous starters, Jynx, Wailord, Metagross, Milotic, Golurk, Minior, Furfrou, Aipom, Toucannon, Woobat, Applin, Beedrill are absent.
  • Garchomp Misdreavus, Sunflora, Goodra, Rotom, Komala, Teddiursa, Weezing, Houndour, Skwovet, Mimikyu, Staraptor, Magikarp are present.
  • Not all Hisuian forms are in the game.

New Pokemon Info
  • Spirgatito's evo is "so-so" in terms of cuteness, and has a broken hidden ability.
  • Fuecoco's evo looks similar to an alligator, does not look like a snake, and does not have an exposed skull in its final evo.
  • No new fossil Pokemon.
  • New flamingo, dolphin, 'notable fire-type that isnt a starter', loli waifumon that uses a hammer (also an E4's ace), Pawmi evo, Lechonk evo that differ by gender, 4 sub-legendaries.
  • There is a Pokemon that is "something like Dugtrio", type unknown.
  • Mascot Legendaries don't have 5 forms.
  • No peacock Pokemon

New Forms/Evolutions Info
  • Wooper has a new, regular, regional form.
  • Hypno has a new form (? unclear).
  • Tauros has a new form.
  • Murkrow has a new evolution.
  • Girafarig finally evolves.
  • Dunsparce finally evolves but it doesn't fly.
  • While they look the same, Amoongus and the "ancient" Amoongus does not share the same Pokedex entry. It is entirely different, even its name.
  • Jigglypuff has an "ancient form" but not a "future" one (possibly same case as above).
  • No new form for Dodrio, Lugia, Ho-oh.
  • No new evolutions for Eevee, Golduck, Sunflora, Delibird.

Gimmick Details
  • A special ball-like item given by Nemona, that can be used once per battle.
  • Can be used on all Pokemon, but reverts once recalled or fainted.
  • When used, it gives the Pokemon a crystalline aura and additional flourish (like the skull-and-bones).
  • It buffs a single type (which can be changed).

Uncertain
  • If we get 100+ new Pokemon
  • If Quaxly's evo fights with its legs
  • If Kneading is Sprigatito's signature move
  • If Forretress evolves
  • If map size is relative to PLA, SWSH
  • If 3rd Legendary is a dragon
  • If Ursaring, Stantler, or Scyther can evolve into PLA evos
  • If shiny Pokemon can be seen on the overworld

I found an organized list online and merged mine with it. Credit to the original person who did that.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Ok so you HAVE to do the three routes. I assume those are gym, evil team, school, I doubt it'll be the pokedex because I doubt Gamefreak would make story completion dex based.

In that case, I'll do the school route first. Then the gym route. Then the evil team route.

Rune Knight

I like that we're getting new type combinations.

On that note, now I'm thinking that Jigglypuff's ancient form could likely be a Normal/Poison type. Since it's not getting a future form, I'm also thinking that could go to its counterpart Clefairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.