• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

And really? Another Digglet form?
What do people have against this. Just like how animals have evolved in divergent ways depending on their environment, what is wrong with Pokemon doing the same.

Litleonid

What do people have against this. Just like how animals have evolved in divergent ways depending on their environment, what is wrong with Pokemon doing the same.
Honestly I don't like it when they give new forms to Pokemon that already got new forms when there's plenty that never get any attention or would be more interesting to give a new form to.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I really don't like the sound of these RFakes. And really? Another Digglet form?
Tired of this gen 1 pandering. Some even have more than one gimmick or regional forms already… :///

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Apparently, there are around 99-120 new Pokemon. This includes actual new Gen 9 Pokemon, regional variants, and the ancient/future forms.

Gen 6 introduced:
- 72 (XY) new Pokemon
- 30 (counting both Charizard & Mewtwo X/Y forms) + 18 (ORAS) Mega Evolutions

Gen 7 introduced:
- 81 (SM) + 5 (USUM) + 2 (LGPE) new Pokemon
- 18 Alolan Forms

Gen 8 introduced:
- 81 (SWSH) + 3 (IoA) + 5 (CT) + 7 (PLA) new Pokemon
- 13 (SWSH) + 2 (IoA) + 4 (CT) Galarian Forms + 17 (PLA) Hisuian Forms
- 25 (SWSH) + 7 (IoA; counting both Urshifu) Gigantamax Forms

XY had 102 new Pokemon at launch.
SM had 99 new Pokemon at launch.
SWSH had 119 new Pokemon at launch.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Apparently, there are around 99-120 new Pokemon. This includes actual new Gen 9 Pokemon, regional variants, and the ancient/future forms.

Gen 6 introduced:
- 72 (XY) new Pokemon
- 30 (counting both Charizard & Mewtwo X/Y forms) + 18 (ORAS) Mega Evolutions

Gen 7 introduced:
- 81 (SM) + 5 (USUM) + 2 (LGPE) new Pokemon
- 18 Alolan Forms

Gen 8 introduced:
- 81 (SWSH) + 3 (IoA) + 5 (CT) + 7 (PLA) new Pokemon
- 13 (SWSH) + 2 (IoA) + 4 (CT) Galarian Forms + 17 (PLA) Hisuian Forms
- 25 (SWSH) + 7 (IoA; counting both Urshifu) Gigantamax Forms

XY had 102 new Pokemon at launch.
SM had 99 new Pokemon at launch.
SWSH had 119 new Pokemon at launch.
Since it counts regional/far/whatever forms as new Pokemon then it doesn’t sound a lot at all.

Litleonid

What concerns me about the actual new Pokemon is that it sounds like Khu is saying these new forms that do count as dex numbers take up up too many dex slots. So I'm worried the actual number of new Pokemon is gonna be closer to Gen VI, with only around 70 or so, while these reskinned RFakes and Ancient Pokemon take up 30 slots. He said its like Gen 6, but if Megas took up slots. He originally said there was many cool new Pokemon, but these RFakes and Ancient Pokemon got me concerned the number of entirely original new Pokemon is gonna be very low now.

janejane6178

What concerns me about the actual new Pokemon is that it sounds like Khu is saying these new forms that do count as dex numbers take up up too many dex numbers. So I'm worried the actual number of new Pokemon is gonna be closer to Gen VI, with only around 70 or so, while these reskinned RFakes and Ancient Pokemon take up 30 slots/
Exactly. Now we don’t only have regional (=Kalos hated ) forms, but fake forms, ancient forms, future forms….. how many actually new Pokemon does it leave us with?

scififan21

I'd rather have straight new Pokemon instead of a lot of different forms, I mean I don't mind regional forms but I'd be okay without them too at this point if they take up so many slots. I feel like while I like Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash for example it could've been a completely new Pokemon with a bit of design changes to make it different though it is decently different from regular Ponyta/Rapidash for example. I am happy with the supposed 60 hours of gameplay though. :)

Litleonid

Honestly, based on what I hear about RFakes, I genuinely hate the idea and think it feels so unnecessary., especially if its taking up slots for what could be an actual new and original Pokemon. A "new" Pokemon that strongly resembles an existing Pokemon, but has no connection to it.

janejane6178

Honestly, based on what I hear about RFakes, I genuinely hate the idea and think it feels so unnecessary., especially if its taking up slots for what could be an actual new and original Pokemon. A "new" Pokemon that strongly resembles an existing Pokemon, but has no connection to it.
They really search for excuses for not creating entirely new Pokemon at this point
We have regional forms and gimmicks which already come at the expanse of new Pokemon, why make these fake, past, whatever new forms now on top of that?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They really search for excuses for not creating entirely new Pokemon at this point
We have regional forms and gimmicks which already come at the expanse of new Pokemon, why make these fake, past, whatever new forms now on top of that?
They are not making excuses. They admit that the increasing number of Pokemon every generation becomes more difficult to handle. Which is why they've decreased the new amount of Pokemon since Gen 6. But in order to continue providing new experience, they touch upon on old Pokemon.

To be fair, we don't even know how many new Pokemon we are getting. Gen 7 & 8 gave us 81 new Pokemon at launch and reception has been good. We also get new Pokemon as the generation goes along.

I have been reserving judgment because we've barely seen official info and we're all relying on a single person with questionable grammar.

Also, all I've seen you post here quite often is to complain., which barely contributes to the discussion.

Litleonid

They are not making excuses. They admit that the increasing number of Pokemon every generation becomes more difficult to handle. Which is why they've decreased the new amount of Pokemon since Gen 6. But in order to continue providing new experience, they touch upon on old Pokemon.
I never thought there was anything wrong with giving old Pokemon new forms, like variants. Touching up on an old design and turning it into a new variation with a different type has always been a concept I loved, but what we know about RFakes honestly doesn't sound that good of an idea. It feels as if we have too much of an abundance of new forms here and its going to cut into the amount of original Pokemon we get, and I personally never liked that they've been going with less than 100. I get that managing the dex is too difficult, which is why I never personally minded the national dex cuts. But stuff like RFakes, based on what we've heard from Kaka and Khu honestly doesn't sound like a good way to compensate for the lower number of new Pokemon.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I don't mind regional forms, it's a pretty clever way from Gamefreak to make new Pokemon without actually making new Pokemon. It makes it easier for them, and it gives us new Pokemon too, so it's a win-win scenario.

That being said, I am confused on what's going on.

So, are we getting...

1) actual regional forms
2) cross-evolutions
3) Rfakes
4) Future/Past versions

....all in the same game? That's kinda a lot.

Or are Rfakes and Future/Past versions the same thing?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
It's too bad about the clothes, maybe you unlock more after graduation? I suppose as long as they look nice I can deal with it, though. I hope the next trailer goes into some detail about this stuff, even if it's only about the school or the routes.
I just want more gameplay footage and look of the land tbh.

Marzbar

I don’t mind regional variants (though would still prefer brand new Pokémon). But what I think would be a lot easier and lot better than regional variants (if they won’t give us new Pokémon), is stat buffs for old Pokémon to deal with the power creep. They used to do it. It was great.

Bring back stat buffs for unloved Pokémon! I’m looking at you, Ledian and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.