• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Won’t that just make it so the beginning in really hard and the end super easy.
Yeah, that's why Breath of the Wild is not a good comparison. Pokemon has levels meaning the ones lower leveled than you, unless it's Legends or Xenoblade, are easier to beat. The higher your level, the more you can sweep through.

This'll be more like for instance, because this is my only point of reference for such a thing, Tales of Symphonia. In that game you can choose to ignore directions and go to this other location, triggering a temporary hard mode. Well, I say hard mode but all it really entails is that you grind to I think about level eighteen, beat the bosses there, then when you get back to what should've been the required route everything quickly dies to your blade, then "hard mode" is over. The only reason to do it there is for the special character interactions when you get back to the required route which, since the only "travel companions" you'll have are technically your Pokemon, you probably won't get here.

Dragon Pulse

The artwork actually makes the head/face look better than it did on the model. On the model it looked kinda unfinished up there, but in the artwork it looks fine.
And even thought the rose petal skirt already looked great on the model, the artwork makes it look even better as well.

Not sure on the tail though...I reckon that element should have been removed or have it be a little tail that's tucked under the skirt.
The tail definitely gives off Braixen/Delphox vibes lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oh, well, it was good while it lasted. Congrats to whoever did that animation.

wYqi6px.png

To be honest, I don't believe him.

He's been quite upset about the recent leak bomb, as it took a lot of his thunder. He could very easily be throwing folks off out of pettiness.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
He's been quite upset about the recent leak bomb, as it took a lot of his thunder. He could very easily be throwing folks off out of pettiness.
He has no reason to lie, it would only hurt his credibility, especially if it's only a matter of time before the final evolution is confirmed.

Dragon Pulse

He has no reason to lie, it would only hurt his credibility, especially if it's only a matter of time before the final evolution is confirmed.
At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he's lied about at least one thing to throw people off/annoy them. Yeah, when something he said turns out to be a lie people will start doubting his credibility, but then others may flock because they will see this as a "guessing game" and try and get him to share actual things he knows and dissect which ones are true and which ones are not, but then I think that's also a bit much so.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

If making offensive statements and harassing other Twitter uses didn't keep him from gaining and maintaining followers, lying won't.

Besides, most will forget he ever said it.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The fact that Khu had no problem backing up Kaka when their leaks popped up and stole attention away from him makes me highly doubt he'd turn around and lie about the video. He has more to gain in keeping his credibility and verifying leaks then twisting the truth about them.

Speaking of Kaka, reportedly they also said that video is fake so regardless of how you feel about Khu it's still not looking good for it.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Khu may be kind of tasteless, but he does thrive on being credible, so I give h the benefit of the doubt.
Pretty much. I don't follow Khu's leaks because he's a nice person, but because his leaks have been consistently reliable. If he says that it's fake, then I'm pretty confident it is fake. Besides, everyone else is saying it's fake too.

Thank God btw, because I hated that Delphox 2.0 ripoff.

Charizard7316

I can see them getting RFakes and their types have all flipped, so Bulbasaur becomes Fire, Charmander becomes Water and Squirtle becomes Grass/poison for instance.

That's similar to what I was thinking. Kanto still gets lots of attention, so I think this is reasonable.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Since the fake mons will have their own dex entries and Khu more or less saying that in total we'll get more "Pokemon" than in the last gens, I asume we'll hit the 1000th Pokemon mark this gen.

Bet number 1000 is a Pikachu regional fake.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The fact that Khu had no problem backing up Kaka when their leaks popped up and stole attention away from him makes me highly doubt he'd turn around and lie about the video. He has more to gain in keeping his credibility and verifying leaks then twisting the truth about them.

Speaking of Kaka, reportedly they also said that video is fake so regardless of how you feel about Khu it's still not looking good for it.

I'll concede, then.

I wasn't too thrilled about the form anyhow, so it's not that big of a thing. I just don't trust the guy is all.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just woke up, and looks like we got nothing, except that the next CoroCoro issue will have something.

Nowadays, CoroCoro just reiterate old information. Meaning, we will get something before August 15th. Unless, the magazine leaks 3-4 days prior and the next trailer is still not shown by then.

Julia Artemis

Since the fake mons will have their own dex entries and Khu more or less saying that in total we'll get more "Pokemon" than in the last gens, I asume we'll hit the 1000th Pokemon mark this gen.

Bet number 1000 is a Pikachu regional fake.

I'd be here for it. Would love to use a Fairy "Pikachu"! I'm still very suspicious at gen 8 Pikachu getting access to Draining Kiss. I'd laugh if it's called Pixichu

But with the fakes I guess the designs will be similar with small twists like having Vulpix and Keokeo (Aka Alolan Vulpix) honestly not against there were some truly bizarre regional forms that made no sense especially thinking of Alolan Sandshrew and Galarian Stunfisk.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Just woke up, and looks like we got nothing, except that the next CoroCoro issue will have something.

Nowadays, CoroCoro just reiterate old information. Meaning, we will get something before August 15th. Unless, the magazine leaks 3-4 days prior and the next trailer is still not shown by then.
I'm pretty sure CoroCoro is just talking about Smoliv, Pawmi and Lechonk.

Litleonid

That's disappointing if that's the case. Though I am still optimistic that we'll get something before August. There's only 4 months left and news has been scarce.
I have a feeling whatever we get...which is hopefully next week....Is probably gonna be covered in August's issue, but it would be nice to see Corocoro get exclusive reveals again.

Noy

These fake mon, sound like regional variants that were given unique Dex entries just so they could have different base stats; because, if I recall correctly, regional variants allow for everything else to be different (types, moves, evolutions, and abilities.)

Status
Not open for further replies.